British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I mean it's plainly trying to inflate the impact of coronavirus and they even say that in the small print!

Yes, and they should add:

”although that does not necessarily mean that they died from Covid”.

But, of course, they won’t.  :rolleyes:

• Thanks 2

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England    365   49097

Scotland     7  (4467)

Wales  33  (3416)

NI  14  (1305)

total   419     - last  Tuesday   488

1 hour ago, MattK said:

How is it trying to inflate the impact? The previous definition was anyone who has ever had a positive test - so this new definition actually reduces the number of Covid deaths, not inflates them.

Only in comparison to an even more exaggerated figure!

• Like 1

Still some saying things are not as bad as they are.   twit tut

and who are the ones deemed guilty of breaking lockdown on the beach in Sydney - the British backpackers.  Typical brits, just like the football hooligans.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Yes, and they should add:

”although that does not necessarily mean that they died from Covid”.

But, of course, they won’t.  :rolleyes:

But that would upset the covid doomsday cult, and we can't have that now can we...:)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Still some saying things are not as bad as they are.   twit tut

and who are the ones deemed guilty of breaking lockdown on the beach in Sydney - the British backpackers.  Typical brits, just like the football hooligans.

Well we are all entitled to an opinion.

Be interesting to know the full story behind that news item, undoubtedly there will be Brits there but it would be good to know how many in comparison to other nationalities and just how many different accents there really were as well as how many locals with any accent. The story is clearly aimed at a market.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vince said:

Be interesting to know the full story behind that news item, undoubtedly there will be Brits there but it would be good to know how many in comparison to other nationalities and just how many different accents there really were as well as how many locals with any accent. The story is clearly aimed at a market.

I would also expect that the party was organised so people were making money out of the backpackers.

They are young, outside and in a warm country so I very much doubt there was much risk involved.

You are correct that the story is aimed at a particular market.

19 minutes ago, Vince said:

1 minute ago, Tim G said:

I would also expect that the party was organised so people were making money out of the backpackers.

They are young, outside and in a warm country so I very much doubt there was much risk involved.

You are correct that the story is aimed at a particular market.

My first thought when reading it was, how did Brits get over there? Haven't their borders been shut to visitors this year?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Vince said:

The thing is, there's some Aussie saying that there were British there, he could hear British accents and people were wearing British football shirts.

A headline then comes from this.

There are videos and photos of this event online. I cannot see a single England football shirt in any of it. So, sounds like someone is telling porkies to me.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Badge said:

My first thought when reading it was, how did Brits get over there? Haven't their borders been shut to visitors this year?

I think your travel visa can be for two years but it’s at least for one year so they may have already been there before the lockdown. Also might have found jobs and are being sponsored to stay.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England    365   49097

Scotland     7  (4467)

Wales  33  (3416)

NI  14  (1305)

total   419     - last  Tuesday   488

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital 419 other    total 414- another day`s figures which don`t add up.

23 minutes ago, Badge said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-federal-government-is-considering-deporting-backpackers-over-bronte-beach-party

but in another report it talks about European backpackers, rather than Brits

Mr Hazzard said earlier in the pandemic, the state "had some challenges with backpackers who clearly wanted to party in the eastern suburbs".

"It cannot go on," he said.

"If they were in Europe right now, most of them would be in lockdown and not even allowed outside the front door. The fact that you can go out is a privilege, and it should be respected in an appropriate way."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/fears-appalling-beach-party-in-sydney-s-east-could-become-a-coronavirus-super-spreader-event

Mr Bloom is asking the right question, unlike the corrupt MSM. Its a PCR testing scamdemic...

• Like 4

Went up to the hills in the snow today,absolutely rammed.Beacons had thousands apparently too.Lockdown is going well here under Drakeford.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dave69 said:

Went up to the hills in the snow today,absolutely rammed.Beacons had thousands apparently too.Lockdown is going well here under Drakeford.

...and some from London apparently.