British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Currently hospital bed occupancy for the quarter : 85%.

Hospital bed occupancy for same quarter 2019 : 92%.

At this point winter hospital bed occupancy is at it's lowest for 10 years.

Source : Telegraph.

And still folks believe the lies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

I hope they close all schools, I work as school bus driver, we have to wear masks whereas teachers/teaching assistants don't, they're stood around chatting despite social distancing warning signs.

Not like that at our school, masks all round, we've got a right little Hitler, the staff are petrified of the head. But even they remove their mask when speaking/telling you something, if you say 'what or ehh'. :blink:

• Like 1

Archived headlines going back years.

EqatINQXYAAMtq6?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Currently hospital bed occupancy for the quarter : 85%.

Hospital bed occupancy for same quarter 2019 : 92%.

At this point winter hospital bed occupancy is at it's lowest for 10 years.

Source : Telegraph.

And still folks believe the lies.

Have you got a link ? Just is that as a % or actual figures with 'lowest for 10 years' only if you look at Blu's graph thingmy is actually shows there are more beds available this year. So the same or more beds might be full as at this time of year, but if more beds are available then the % could have dropped....just wondering, if it is stat fiddling or not 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Archived headlines going back years.

EqatINQXYAAMtq6?format=jpg&name=small

Have you not got one of the 'Loch Ness Monster' ?

Might be a good idea to get some BUPA or something! ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

Do you want a gold medal? I have plenty of chocolate ones I could send you.

White chocolate would be lovely thanks.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Have you got a link ? Just is that as a % or actual figures with 'lowest for 10 years' only if you look at Blu's graph thingmy is actually shows there are more beds available this year. So the same or more beds might be full as at this time of year, but if more beds are available then the % could have dropped....just wondering, if it is stat fiddling or not 

Fewer beds are available.  About 8,000 fewer.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blupanther said:

ICU occupancy is lower than normal...

I am just going by this.....average available beds 2019 3,666. Average available beds 2020 was 4,386. So I make it more beds available

12 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I am just going by this.....average available beds 2019 3,666. Average available beds 2020 was 4,386. So I make it more beds available

“Available” meaning “empty” presumably.

I put the figures on this thread two weeks ago and the NHS said there were 8,000 fewer beds due to “distancing”.

Something like 87,000 in total, compared to the usual 95,000.

Edited by DC2

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

“Available” meaning “empty” presumably.

I put the figures on this thread two weeks ago and the NHS said there were 8,000 fewer beds due to “distancing”.

Even so, it wouldn't tell the whole story as they are especially keeping beds empty by putting off unnecessary ops as we know

They are transferring covid patients from Kent Hospitals to Basingstoke and Winchester for sure. If this new strain is so dangerous would it not be far more sensible to transfer non covid patients?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Plus why are there Ambulances lined up in great numbers outside hospitals with patients inside. No beds ?    In the news TV bulletins all day in different channels.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vince said:

They are transferring covid patients from Kent Hospitals to Basingstoke and Winchester for sure. If this new strain is so dangerous would it not be far more sensible to transfer non covid patients?

Sensible?

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Plus why are there Ambulances lined up in great numbers outside hospitals with patients inside. No beds ?    In the news TV bulletins all day in different channels.  

That's because of the covid restrictions separating areas, everything takes very much longer to process.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Dinner time?