British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Sensible?

Well they don't want to be spreading the new strain around more than necessary, do they?

5 minutes ago, Vince said:

Well they don't want to be spreading the new strain around more than necessary, do they?

Dunno about that, but when I butter my bread, I always make sure it goes all the way to the crust. So if there was a UK shaped loaf, the coastline would always get some. :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

Archived headlines going back years.

EqatINQXYAAMtq6?format=jpg&name=small

excellent, so easy to forget  how we get the same mantra over and over.  how do i copy this. want to show my sister

9 minutes ago, villageidiot said:

excellent, so easy to forget  how we get the same mantra over and over.  how do i copy this. want to show my sister

Screen shot, WhatsApp, send, bingo :t:

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

I am just going by this.....average available beds 2019 3,666. Average available beds 2020 was 4,386. So I make it more beds available

Could it just be that people who would in normal times be admitted to hospital  are not being so.  Possibly so beds can be kept for what are now considered more urgent cases? Similarly fewer  GP appointments as they now prefer  to phone you and diagnose over the phone. Today I heard of someone I know (not over 80 or ill) collapsing at his door being taken to hospital, diagnosed with Covid and then sent home to self isolate. I would suggest he would have been kept in  hospital  pre covid but sent home as beds being reserved for what are perceived as more urgent cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Even so, it wouldn't tell the whole story as they are especially keeping beds empty by putting off unnecessary ops as we know

Do they not always do that in the winter?

23 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Could it just be that people who would in normal times be admitted to hospital  are not being so.  Possibly so beds can be kept for what are now considered more urgent cases? Similarly fewer  GP appointments as they now prefer  to phone you and diagnose over the phone. Today I heard of someone I know (not over 80 or ill) collapsing at his door being taken to hospital, diagnosed with Covid and then sent home to self isolate. I would suggest he would have been kept in  hospital  pre covid but sent home as beds being reserved for what are perceived as more urgent cases.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/nightingale-hospitals-not-being-used-london-b558574.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3LEaPuRNCTwfbU2EyK3aSKNxrThxtVLYKsduAzS6Agz9ZR15Ft-sgFXX8#Echobox=1609276239

27 minutes ago, iris123 said:

From that article:

“It is not possible to make direct comparisons with the level of infection during the first wave of the virus, because mass testing was only introduced in the UK in May, but it has been estimated there may have been as many 100,000 cases a day at the peak in late March and early April.”

It wouldn’t surprise me if there had been 200,000 cases a day in March.

Edited by DC2

21 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

On standby for a rave by the looks of it...:)

And earlier today I was accused of being childish!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wealdstone said:

And earlier today I was accused of being childish!!!!

You are.

And Blupanther is showing the truth.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Plus why are there Ambulances lined up in great numbers outside hospitals with patients inside. No beds ?    In the news TV bulletins all day in different channels.  

My wife was rushed to hospital a couple of weeks ago, & sat outside A&E in an ambulance for over 6 hours. There were 13 ambulances in front of her when she arrived. A doctor was going in the ambulances & assessing who was the most serious, & they then went to the front of the queue. 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You are.

And Blupanther is showing the truth.

The truth is how you perceive it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, proud panther said:

My wife was rushed to hospital a couple of weeks ago, & sat outside A&E in an ambulance for over 6 hours. There were 13 ambulances in front of her when she arrived. A doctor was going in the ambulances & assessing who was the most serious, & they then went to the front of the queue. 

I have heard reports of a road accident victim  waiting 2 hours for an ambulance to arrive

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

broke my finger a few weeks ago, was going to leave it and not bother the hospital, but after a week it was still badly swollen and a strange shape so went to A&E in Kings Lynn .. pretty much empty waiting room and seen really quick, and through in the cubicles it was as quiet as i've ever seen there. Appt with fracture clinic early next morning in a very quiet hospital again. No ambulances queuing, no packed out A&E, yet we're told it's absolutely heaving everywhere

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 5