British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

And there we have it. Many different experiences from several different sources. I do not pretend to know the answer but many will claim they do.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, stevehone said:

broke my finger a few weeks ago, was going to leave it and not bother the hospital, but after a week it was still badly swollen and a strage shape so went to A&E in Kings Lynn .. pretty much empty waiting room and seen really quick, and through in the cubicles it was as quiet as i've ever seen there. Appt with fracture clinic early next morning in a very quiet hospital again. No ambulances queuing, no packed out A&E, yet we're told it's absolutely heaving everywhere

At the Royal Gwent it is commonplace for years that ambulances wait for hours outside with customers inside.Aneurin Bevan health trust has been fecked for years.Management has killed it

54 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I have heard reports of a road accident victim  waiting 2 hours for an ambulance to arrive

Was it you who previously said that you knew several cancer patients who’d received prompt treatment and no cancelled appointments?

You’re quite the man for all seasons!  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Was it you who previously said that you knew several cancer patients who’d received prompt treatment and no cancelled appointments?

You’re quite the man for all seasons!  :rolleyes:

Every situation I have quoted is factual and accurate. Not just those that fit in with a particular point of view. I never claimed  that all was a bed of Roses just telling actual things that I know to be true. Some of course ignore that which does not fit  their agenda.

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

broke my finger a few weeks ago, was going to leave it and not bother the hospital, but after a week it was still badly swollen and a strange shape so went to A&E in Kings Lynn .. pretty much empty waiting room and seen really quick, and through in the cubicles it was as quiet as i've ever seen there. Appt with fracture clinic early next morning in a very quiet hospital again. No ambulances queuing, no packed out A&E, yet we're told it's absolutely heaving everywhere

TBF on the news they said it was heaving in London and the SE. I am not good at geography but I wouldn't consider KL in that area!

For people with very short memories...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Every situation I have quoted is factual and accurate. Not just those that fit in with a particular point of view. I never claimed  that all was a bed of Roses just telling actual things that I know to be true. Some of course ignore that which does not fit  their agenda.

Except, of course, your “factual situations” do fit exactly with your pro-lockdown agenda.

You vehemently denied that lockdown affected hospital treatments earlier in the year, but you now give various examples from your “personal experience” of how rising cases are affecting hospitals.

Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

The vast majority of people have an agenda on this thread which is why it contains so much conflict, same as the Brexit thread. It’s a pity both topics can’t be more about reasoned and balanced discussion but with such polarised views and political allegiances it’s hardly surprising.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Except, of course, your “factual situations” do fit exactly with your pro-lockdown agenda.

You vehemently denied that lockdown affected hospital treatments earlier in the year, but you now give various examples from your “personal experience” of how rising cases are affecting hospitals.

Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

But there are camps with a biased view on both sides. You just have to see if someone say's they went to hospital and it was empty it is liked by a group and the same will happen if someone posts they went and waited outside for hours. Very unlikely one person will like both posts even though both are most probably a real experience

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iris123 said:

But there are camps with a biased view on both sides. You just have to see if someone say's they went to hospital and it was empty it is liked by a group and the same will happen if someone posts they went and waited outside for hours. Very unlikely one person will like both posts even though both are most probably a real experience

Agreed, but some people’s “real experience” sounds more authentic than others, whichever view it supports.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Agreed, but some people’s “real experience” sounds more authentic than others, whichever view it supports.

Well I can imagine there are areas where the hospitals are under strain and areas not so. There are hot spots in most countries and areas that aren't so badly affected.

I don't luckily enough have any personal experience, but one of our friends has recently had a cancer scare, had a couple of ops a few weeks back having to stay in hospital for a few weeks and recently got released. But she was quite lucky as she said that particular hospital put a stop on most ops just after. But it is one hospital among thousands in Germany. I wouldn't use that experience to build an argument

Essex in trouble !!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/essex-covid-cases-major-incident-b568573.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2BeH1CkjiL7s3l4An1aKZXRHKJdO2B7pFRlhtOkhm7Hx6WP6GI64VZ-zw#Echobox=1609319257

but of course we know the NHS has been in trouble for years. Waiting times for ops has been growing, as I posted a few months back

And one thing to remember, it isn't just about beds available, but staff available to look after patients. Thought I saw a few days back that around 1 in 10 were off sick. The Essex article also touches on that

Tier Three coming to York? Surprised that it has remained in Tier Two to be honest.

13 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Screen shot, WhatsApp, send, bingo :t:

cheers. dunno what buttons i pressed but  got it sent somehow to my sister on isle of wight

• Like 1