British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Thing is, we all know - or SHOULD all know - that it affects individuals of all ages, regardless of health. However, for healthy under-60's, it is GENERALLY nothing more than a minor ailment.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chunky said:

That's good...

The trouble with a virus having similar symptoms to the common cold is that everyone showing a minor symptom of a common cold will just think they have the virus.

Why on earth would anyone think that?

5 minutes ago, chunky said:

Thing is, we all know - or SHOULD all know - that it affects individuals of all ages, regardless of health. However, for healthy under-60's, it is GENERALLY nothing more than a minor ailment.

Yes but I also wanted his other comment to come up. Somehow it gets buried, but also important

https://mobile.twitter.com/rupert_pearse

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

"Media sensationalism" a good enough answer?

Hey, if people can call 999 to order a pizza, there's no telling WHAT they will do...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

"Media sensationalism" a good enough answer?

Hey, if people can call 999 to order a pizza, there's no telling WHAT they will do...

Surely, the second bit has to be fake news/joke whatever?

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

The pizza thing has definitely been done. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

The pizza thing has definitely been done. 

Well, may I suggest that we are in deep trouble and something drastic needs to happen.

I have heard the one about phoning for a pizza and asking for liver on it.

Edited by ruffdiamond

18 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Because they're thick.I've been out in the garden doing a bit of decking and have had a bit of a runny nose and the sniffles.

Same as every other year.So shall I rush down and have a PCR test which doesn't work ? Nope.I'll take my chances.

Never had mass testing for Coronavirus before so count moi out.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, chunky said:

That is a little harsh, don't you think? As with any other news service in this situation, they can only go by what they are told. And YES, they received the information from a "healthcare professional".

No i don't think its harsh at all. He just turned it into a personal swipe at myself and another. 

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

So the stories about the crisis in hospitals in London and the South East with record cases, lack of beds and staff difficulties are, in your mind, all rubbish. And all is fine everywhere and medical staff are laughing at all the rumours about them being overworked, getting time off it easy, and there is no possible need for opening Nightingale hospitals. All TV interviews are rigged, as are pictures taken of hospital car parks full of ambulances with patients inside,  and emergency food being prepared in those car parks to feed those patients and the drivers.

No wonder people like The Doctor get exasperated at what he reads on here, compared with his experiences. We live in a sad sad world when any effort to help the current difficulties fighting the virus is laughed at and obstructed by the fakers. People like those who congregated on New Yeas Eve in front of St Thomas Hospital in London, chanting  "COVID is a hoax" with Doctors stand-in disbelief at their actions. We are currently being riddled with fake news and  manipulation of figures from those who don't fall in line, who challenge and scoff at the folks who understand and show more compassion to the real problems we do have. I know The Doctor on here, and I have a Doctor Daughter GP, and I am well aware of what is happening currently, and I am appalled at the negativity toward our current situation, and the lack of belief in what the medics do and why and when. Even the saviour of the vaccine to stop all this nonsense, is the subject of lies and suspicion,  so is there no limit to the stupidity shown by those breaking COVID rules and the BSF 'experts' on here. Let's hope this New Year gets back the social awareness and respect, and the medics manage to get control of the virus and decency returns to be the norm.

While you’re at it, Dave, have you also found the Weapons of Mass Destruction?

• Haha 3

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

Absolutely not. There is a TV show over that plays actual 911 (remember, it's 911 here, not 999) calls, and you would be amazed at some of the calls they get.

There was one where a guy called 911 because the zip on his wife's cardigan was stuck.

Stupidity knows no bounds, and here is something I had to deal with personally.

I was a young clerk in a council housing maintenance office, and I got a call one day;

"I think I've got a fire. There's smoke coming out of the attic!"

I told her she needs to call the fire brigade.

"I thought I was supposed to call the council in case of a fire?"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dave69 said:

Because they're thick.

See, I was just trying to be polite! :rolleyes:

(Not that I wanted to...)

52 minutes ago, chunky said:

I was wondering the same thing. After all, news services are only reporting what they are being told, supposedly from people in the know.

It was reported on the Telegraph website, but apparently it was removed shortly afterwards.

The media reports what it’s told?

What happened to verifying stories and investigative journalism?

For the last nine months the BBC has questioned almost nothing and been a mere mouthpiece for the government.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

Absolutely not. There is a TV show over that plays actual 911 (remember, it's 911 here, not 999) calls, and you would be amazed at some of the calls they get.

There was one where a guy called 911 because the zip on his wife's cardigan was stuck.

Stupidity knows no bounds, and here is something I had to deal with personally.

I was a young clerk in a council housing maintenance office, and I got a call one day;

"I think I've got a fire. There's smoke coming out of the attic!"

I told her she needs to call the fire brigade.

"I thought I was supposed to call the council in case of a fire?"

Av always thought that they were mad in America. 

5 minutes ago, Crumpet80 said:

No i don't think its harsh at all. He just turned it into a personal swipe at myself and another. 

So you continue to ignore the fact that the statement was issued by a "healthcare professional"?