British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

There are some puzzling things really. In Sweden they said a couple of weeks back that the virus was spreading rapidly in schools. But not among pupils. So only teachers are affected ? Or are tests done more etc in adults than pupils who wouldn’t get symptoms anyway

Ud yesterday they talked about the new virus and wondered why it is so easily transmitted in  the UK , but not in other countries where it is present for weeks

Good to see you asking some questions!

You ask, “are tests done more in adults than pupils who wouldn’t get symptoms anyway?”

But why would that be so?

Firstly, lack of symptoms is not a reason not to test, and, secondly, if there is a reason to test a teacher, or if a teacher tests positive, why would you not test every child that that teacher teaches? 

The failure of the earlier lockdown in Wales in September is an example of how simply locking down may not control the virus over the longer term.

Not my words, Boris Johnson’s on the Marr Show.

So why is our strategy based on lockdowns?

Boris Johnson says we will do “tens of millions of vaccines in the next three months”.

So at least 20 million by 31 March.

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The failure of the earlier lockdown in Wales in September is an example of how simply locking down may not control the virus over the longer term.

Not my words, Boris Johnson’s on the Marr Show.

So why is our strategy based on lockdowns?

...or indeed other areas of the world?

• Like 1

The article didn’t really make sense nor explain what was happening. It just said they found schools were a place a major infection, but it seemed mainly or wholly teachers were infected. 

In other places it seems pupils have been seen to be spreading it. But the measures have varied from closing schools down, to sending whole years home or just classes. In my sons case it was just a few pupils who were close friends of someone who’s mother was infected.....luckily or not in my sons case he only had to stay home a day :D

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...or indeed other areas of the world?

Simple.

Because they all started down that path, following the Chinese and the Italians, and to change direction would be to go against the “world view” and their own propaganda over the last nine months.

They would face derision from the media, just like the thousands of previously eminent and lauded scientists who signed the Great Barrington Declaration.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Simple.

Because they all started down that path, following the Chinese and the Italians, and to change direction would be to go against the “world view” and their own propaganda over the last nine months.

They would face derision from the media, just like the thousands of previously eminent and lauded scientists who signed the Great Barrington Declaration.

...thereby lies the dilemma.

Well here goes.:

I believe that I may speak for a number of people on here in saying that I do not object to the views of some on here" they may be right." What I object to is the dogmatic way those views are put across and the rush to disprove  and discredit either the views or the character of anyone that thinks different. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Well here goes.: pot kettle. lol

I believe that I may speak for a number of people on here in saying that I do not object to the views of some on here" they may be right." What I object to is the dogmatic way those views are put across and the rush to disprove  and discredit either the views or the character of anyone that thinks different. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tsunami said:

NO. That was 'another' liar Tony Blair. You should have known that. 

So you do admit that Boris is the "other liar" then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

3 in my area. Two in April and one in May. Two of those were known to me, and both had terminal cancer. I was told by a fellow dog walker the other gentleman was known to him, and had suffered a massive heart attack...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Well here goes.:

I agree...and that applies to many threads on the forum. Discussion/debate is one thing but downright derision/ridicule is another.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2021 at 11:03 AM, Blupanther said:

46 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Simple.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 1

Thailand total covid deaths - 64 ... Many provinces in full lockdown, all outdoor swimming pools closed.

31st December 2020 in Thailand - 74 deaths in RTA's in 24 hrs ... Carry on driving.

Because its all about saving lives...

• Like 1