British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

27 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Well here goes.:

I believe that I may speak for a number of people on here in saying that I do not object to the views of some on here" they may be right." What I object to is the dogmatic way those views are put across and the rush to disprove  and discredit either the views or the character of anyone that thinks different. 

What, you mean like stalking someone on all threads and labelling them “PWW”, whatever that might mean?

• Like 1

Our glorious leader will protect us...all hail our glorious leader and the vaccine salesmen. :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

My other half who does testing at the local test centre now wants to get involved with the vaccine but tells me that the "hoops & loops" one has to get thru' before being accepted is astonishing...and she has NHS experience!

Edited by steve roberts

26 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

My other half who does testing at the local test centre now wants to get involved with the vaccine but tells me that the "hoops & loops" one has to get thru' before being accepted is astonishing...and she has NHS experience!

Surely all you need is training to give injections, or am i looking at this from too simple a view?

24 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Surely all you need is training to give injections, or am i looking at this from too simple a view?

She thought that but apparently there are security questions one needs to respond to as well as many others?

3 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

2, one of whom I knew well, died after contracting covid in hospital a couple of months ago and was never expected to live until Xmas anyway.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

She thought that but apparently there are security questions one needs to respond to as well as many others?

Porobably something to do with that doctor Harold Shipman!

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

The article didn’t really make sense nor explain what was happening. It just said they found schools were a place a major infection, but it seemed mainly or wholly teachers were infected. 

In other places it seems pupils have been seen to be spreading it. But the measures have varied from closing schools down, to sending whole years home or just classes. In my sons case it was just a few pupils who were close friends of someone who’s mother was infected.....luckily or not in my sons case he only had to stay home a day :D

Think I posted before that my granddaughters primary school has class sized bubbles. The elder brother of one of the pupils in her class tested positive so his entire year was sent home but her class continued as usual. Now I have no issue with her class carrying on but why was the entire year group who would likely have had minimal contact sent home while kids having far more direct contact with the family stay in school? 

Much like my nurse friend who was told not to isolate despite a long contact with a covid positive colleague who showed symptoms the following day. The rules are not only nonsense but fiddled and adjusted to suit yet the general public are not supposed to realise this and follow them to the letter.

Lets have some realistic testing (30 cycles max) and figures that aren't carefully selected to prove a worst case scenario (or hiding those that don't fit the argument so they are difficult to find) and just maybe people will have the confidence that they are being told the truth and will follow the rules properly. Unlike 'the Doctor' and more like 'Fenway' who I believe is also a doctor the half dozen health care professionals I know personally are openly scornful of the measures taken both in and out of hospitals now which they weren't back in March and April.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Porobably something to do with that doctor Harold Shipman!

...something to do as to whether you've been indoctrinated in some way?

4 minutes ago, Vince said:

Unlike 'the Doctor' and more like 'Fenway' who I believe is also a doctor the half dozen health care professionals I know personally are openly scornful of the measures taken both in and out of hospitals

FYI, “The Doctor” is an ambulance driver or paramedic and Fenway is an actual doctor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Vince said:

Think I posted before that my granddaughters primary school has class sized bubbles. The elder brother of one of the pupils in her class tested positive so his entire year was sent home but her class continued as usual. Now I have no issue with her class carrying on but why was the entire year group who would likely have had minimal contact sent home while kids having far more direct contact with the family stay in school? 

The trouble here was and still is the Federal system, where each State has control over education and it led to each State choosing their own way forward. This early on at least was seen as something of a strength as the virus wasn't so widespread and some States were hardly affected whilst others were hot spots. Now of course since the second wave has hit harder and it is possible schools will re-open on the 11th, in todays news by coincidence teachers associations etc are calling for a clear decision on the future.....

Face-to-face teaching ”is the word that many have held up for so long. "Keep schools open as long as possible" was the mantra. Too great the damage to the children seen in closing them. And yet it turned out differently in the end - to the chagrin of some associations. The German Academy for Child and Adolescent Medicine (DAKJ) and the German Teachers' Association are now appealing to politicians to make “schools safe places for students and teachers” and to take clear decisions. Because: "School and education are among the basic needs of children", writes Secretary General of the DAKJ, Hans-Iko Huppertz in the declaration. Among other things, the associations are calling for a nationwide hygiene level plan that clearly defines what happens when, depending on the infection rate and age. In this way, complete school closings should be avoided in the future. In addition, infection protection in schools must be improved, for example through distance regulations, masks for teachers and rapid tests.

Fast school openings with concepts are also a challenge for psychologists, especially in view of the growing number of “school refusers”. "After the first shutdown, we noticed a dramatic increase in the number of cases of refusal to attend school," said the chairwoman of the Association of School Psychologists Baden-Württemberg (LSBW), Nina Grossmann of the German Press Agency. Students of any age get used to doing nothing, neglect their tasks and then feel overwhelmed when they return to school

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Blupanther said:

The 2020 US Pandemic...

An interesting statistical table but I'm not sure how they came to the numbers that they are quoting. Does the original source of this image give any more information about this?

There is a table on the 2nd link quoted which has a count of deaths for all causes for weeks of the year. The most recent update, on the 31st of December, one day after this table claims to show data from, has the total deaths at 2,913,144, and this table starts at the beginning of February, so is already missing the January data. The other quoted link has data for January which puts total deaths for that month at 264,000.

Those numbers would already put total deaths at 3,177,144 rather than the 2,902,664 that the image above quotes.

Then we have to consider this note at the bottom of table for the weekly data:

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction and cause of death.

Loking at the weekly stats, the average weekly number of deaths is over 60,000. The last 3 weeks published currently have 54,986, 35,870 and 17,669. Well below the average, so it's reasonable to expect a fair few more to be added to those weeks. The final week of the year is also not yet included in the stats, so you can probably expect another 60,000 to be added.

If we took those last 4 weeks up to 60,000 (just to be coservative) the total would now be 3,308,619...which does seem more in line with the number of excess deaths that have been getting quoted.

Edit - Meant to say that the January numbers seem high when compared to the numbers in the weekly table, so not sure whether there is maybe some overlap of numbers there.

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 2

In London, fit and healthy people have been arrested on the streets for hugging fellow human beings. Meanwhile in China....

• Like 2

:D

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

In London, fit and healthy people have been arrested on the streets for hugging fellow human beings. Meanwhile in China....

Again as ever you are comparing apples and grapefruits......meanwhile in China people are being exterminated or put in concentration camps. Did you miss the news last week that a journalist was given a prison sentence for trying to tell the truth about what was happening in Chinese hospital(s) ? :blink:

• Like 1