British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

In London, fit and healthy people have been arrested on the streets for hugging fellow human beings. Meanwhile in China....

Remarkably, Wuhan has not reported a new locally transmitted case of the disease since May 10  after lifting one of the strictest lockdowns in the world seven months ago.

a line from this link:-

Wuhan locals pack the streets to celebrate New Year as rest of the world suffers under Covid lockdowns (thesun.co.uk)

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow

2 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Remarkably, Wuhan has not reported a new locally transmitted case of the disease since May 10  after lifting one of the strictest lockdowns in the world seven months ago

Yes, remarkable.

Is that due to the lockdown or the totalitarian regime and its propaganda?

About time you asked the same question here.  :)

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England  386   51437

Scotland    Not reported today   (4578)

Wales  56   (3620)

NI  6   (1354)

Total  448 - last Sunday 301

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes, remarkable.

Is that due to the lockdown or the totalitarian regime and its propaganda?

About time you asked the same question here.  :)

Their lockdown was exactly that - a lockdown broken at the peril of imprisonment (or maybe even worse). 

I reproduced that because Blu has posted how well China is doing now but missed the way they achieved it - total lockdown not the sort of lockdown but you can go out if you want scheme operating over here. 

It's you that keeps going on about asking questions. I answered the question of how did they achieve it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Their lockdown was exactly that - a lockdown broken at the peril of imprisonment (or maybe even worse). 

I reproduced that because Blu has posted how well China is doing now but missed the way they achieved it - total lockdown not the sort of lockdown but you can go out if you want scheme operating over here. 

It's you that keeps going on about asking questions. I answered the question of how did they achieve it.

Or, you assume you have.

Is there not a doubt in your mind that Wuhan might have had cases since but the Chinese government does not wish to admit it?

22 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Again as ever you are comparing apples and grapefruits......meanwhile in China people are being exterminated or put in concentration camps. Did you miss the news last week that a journalist was given a prison sentence for trying to tell the truth about what was happening in Chinese hospital(s) ? :blink:

That's communism for you comrade...:)

Boris:

“Covid rules probably going to get tougher.”

“Send children to school on Monday.”

Do children spread the disease or not?

7 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

That's communism for you comrade...:)

Apparently coming to the USA in a few weeks and then the rest of the world....get used to it :D

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

I'm fairly sure China hasn't got the best track record of telling the truth. Ask an Uighur Muslim.

Not that I'm one of them but you're opening yourself up to a conspiracy theory response such as they had a vaccine all along etc...

Edited by Kedavra

18 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Apparently coming to the USA in a few weeks and then the rest of the world....get used to it :D

Just watch things change worldwide after Trump wins...;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Professional boxing in the U.K. has been suspended for January and a decision will be taken shortly if Fights are allowed in February.

5 minutes ago, Kedavra said:

I'm fairly sure China hasn't got the best track record of telling the truth. Ask an Uighur Muslim.

Not that I'm one of them but you're opening yourself up to a conspiracy theory response such as they had a vaccine all along etc...

I accept they're not necessarily the most truthful of governments but this isn't necessarily a government topic. We believe they had the bug (on purpose maybe), we believe their lockdowns but we stop believing when they say how effective their lockdowns were?

All depends on an agenda really how much one believes.

• Like 2

Tier 5 travel restrictions to be enforced by the RAF... 

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

An interesting statistical table but I'm not sure how they came to the numbers that they are quoting. Does the original source of this image give any more information about this?

There is a table on the 2nd link quoted which has a count of deaths for all causes for weeks of the year. The most recent update, on the 31st of December, one day after this table claims to show data from, has the total deaths at 2,913,144, and this table starts at the beginning of February, so is already missing the January data. The other quoted link has data for January which puts total deaths for that month at 264,000.

Those numbers would already put total deaths at 3,177,144 rather than the 2,902,664 that the image above quotes.

Then we have to consider this note at the bottom of table for the weekly data:

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction and cause of death.

Loking at the weekly stats, the average weekly number of deaths is over 60,000. The last 3 weeks published currently have 54,986, 35,870 and 17,669. Well below the average, so it's reasonable to expect a fair few more to be added to those weeks. The final week of the year is also not yet included in the stats, so you can probably expect another 60,000 to be added.

If we took those last 4 weeks up to 60,000 (just to be coservative) the total would now be 3,308,619...which does seem more in line with the number of excess deaths that have been getting quoted.

Edit - Meant to say that the January numbers seem high when compared to the numbers in the weekly table, so not sure whether there is maybe some overlap of numbers there.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/12/24/fact-check-2020-more-deadly-than-recent-years-u-s/3927190001/

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Just watch things change worldwide after Trump wins...;)

I'm sure if aboard the sinking Titanic you'd be saying it's an illusion and would eventually upright itself! :)

• Haha 2