British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I don't know what graphs you are talking about. By the way, i said '' but not looking unprecedented to me'' ...

The graphs showing Sweden's death toll over the past years.....you posted one a couple of weeks back and one today :blink: 

I know. And I asked why you think that looks like it is unprecedented, when it looks to me to be heading towards 93,000-94,000

Edited by iris123

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

When did you think the Christmas parties started here ?

Thought it was more down to the rising deaths than any parties which started to take off again at the start of November

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102203/cumulative-coronavirus-cases-in-sweden/

Edited by iris123

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

The graphs showing Sweden's death toll over the past years.....you posted one a couple of weeks back and one today :blink: 

I know. And I asked why you think that looks like it is unprecedented, when it looks to me to be heading towards 93,000-94,000

You are reading it wrong, i said its NOT looking unprecedented at this stage. Unprecedented over ten years possibly, over 120 years, most definitely not. I presume you are referring to the infographics ...

12 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Thought it was more down to the rising deaths than any parties which started to take off again at the start of November

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102203/cumulative-coronavirus-cases-in-sweden/

The death rate in Sweden has remained fairly constant, the spike in cases in Stockholm was the reason for Löfven's reaction.

It was just a political move to generate favour in parliament.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

You are reading it wrong, i said its NOT looking unprecedented at this stage. Unprecedented over ten years possibly, over 120 years, most definitely not. I presume you are referring to the infographics ...

Of course. You post something and say it is not looking unprecedented. Looking at what you posted it is. Now if you were talking about a 120 year period, you should have said that......you didn't !!!

:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MARK246 said:

The death rate in Sweden has remained fairly constant, the spike in cases in Stockholm was the reason for Löfven's reaction.

It was just a political move to generate favour in parliament.

Ok, good that we agree on that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Of course. You post something and say it is not looking unprecedented. Looking at what you posted it is. Now if you were talking about a 120 year period, you should have said that......you didn't !!!

Depends on your interpretation of unprecedented, which i consider since records began...

At least the masks worked in Scotland...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Depends on your interpretation of unprecedented, which i consider since records began...

What was the worst year then for reference ? Hope it wasn't during the 30 years war in the 1600s....

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, iris123 said:

What was the worst year then for reference ?

97,008 in 1993, and of course in 1918 it was much worse with 34.500 deaths...

Edited by Blupanther
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, iris123 said:

92,185 in 2018 and four thousand fewer last year, the lowest figure in ten years, so it’ll be no surprise if this year hits 94,000 with or without Covid.

That would be only 2% up on 2018!

Edited by DC2

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

92,185 in 2018 and four thousand fewer last year, the lowest figure in ten years, so it’ll be no surprise if this year hits 94,000 with or without Covid.

That would be only 2% up on the worst year!

Exactly. Which is what I was trying to get to, and fits with what I posted this morning about Germany and said it should probably fit most west European cuntries.....