British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Posted (edited)

The government said at an early stage that only “excess deaths” would be a true measure of Covid.

But, for some reason they decided to measure it against a five year average.

Using that we’ve seen more than 60,000 “excess deaths” and that has led to most people believing Covid to have wreaked havoc.

However, looking at the last ten years, the highest figure, 616,000 deaths in 2018, is 64,000 more than the lowest, 552,000 in 2011.

So, for one reason or another, some years have high deaths and other years low.

Edited by DC2

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THAT isn't strictly true ... he drove to County Durham to see his parents but before making the return journey drove to Barnard Castle allegedly to judge his eyesight.

Old Bill did investigate but didn't charge him as no doubt they didn't with many others who broke the rules.

AS previously stated, had no time for Cummins and glad to see the back of him. But without Covid and travelling in his own car was, in my view, far less of a misdemeanour than the SNP.

Driving to test your eyesight should at least be without due care and attention

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The government said at an early stage that only “excess deaths” would be a true measure of Covid.

But, for some reason they decided to measure it against a five year average.

Using that we’ve seen more than 60,000 “excess deaths” and that has led to most people believing Covid to have wreaked havoc.

However, looking at the last ten years, the highest figure, 616,000 deaths in 2018, is 64,000 more than the lowest, 552,000 in 2011.

So, for one reason or another, some years have high deaths and other years low.

In England & Wales, the number of deaths up to 18 December 2020 was about 592,000 (Latest ONS figures).

Although I suppose if Scotland and NI add another 10% and the final two weeks of December are bad it could push the total to 650,000?

Edited by DC2

17 hours ago, Badge said:

That what happen when you defy Nicola ,scared she would stand as an Independant in May Elections.Votes matter not Covid to Sturgeon.No mention of Blackford ,how he got home at the same time.

• Like 1

Fluctuations of annual deaths in England:

1970 fairly consistent to 1993: average about 550,000

1993 downwards to the 2011 figure of 450,000

2011 increasing to the 2018 figure of 500,000.

50,000 variations.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Not to hand.

The NHS - I think this might be England only - said in early December there were about 3,700 people on ventilators (of which 1,800 had Covid) and I recall from April that the government was increasing its capacity either to or by 8,000.

Edit: Apparently the NHS has 30,000 ventilators so 2,000 now on them with Covid does not seem a breaking point figure!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54323566

Now come on, that's not answering the question I asked. I asked how many hospitals had ventilator capacity, you reply by telling me how many ventilators there are.

You lambast others for not answering the question asked and now you do the same:nono: :D :rolleyes:

I like this game:P

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England  582    52395

Scotland    55  (4633)( 4 days figure- since last reported)

Wales  17   (3662)

NI  18   (1384)

Total   672  - last Tuesday 419

On average 1600 people die every single day in the UK, but experts say masks could prevent that...:D

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Now come on, that's not answering the question I asked. I asked how many hospitals had ventilator capacity, you reply by telling me how many ventilators there are.

You lambast others for not answering the question asked and now you do the same:nono: :D :rolleyes:

I like this game:P

I don’t think I’m obliged to answer all questions though, am I?  

Only relevant ones.  B)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Only relevant ones.  B)

It was relevant to the original post you made. Stop trying to divert the subject.

Yes this is fun:P I see why you do it now:D

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Only relevant ones.  B)

You're beginning to come across a bit like BWitcher but with a sense of humour! :D

12 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

It was relevant to the original post you made. Stop trying to divert the subject.

Yes this is fun:P I see why you do it now:D

I googled your question but the NHS doesn’t supply an answer.

It doesn’t really matter though, does it.

2,000 Covid patients on ventilators when we have 30,000.  

Compare that to Iris’s Swedish article yesterday about “more and more” children in hospital: absolutely no numbers at all.

Golum is fronting today's PCR test scamdemic update. Gosh, i can hardly wait for all those slides ...

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

You're beginning to come across a bit like BWitcher but with a sense of humour! :D

I’ll take that as a compliment.  He was almost always right!  Just a bit lacking of my tolerance.  :D

• Haha 1