British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

In a nutshell...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jrs said:

I am aware that sometimes people described as being fit and healthy do occasionally expire during sports events,  but apparently i must keep my eyes open when i pass my local sports fields to see if there are any uncollected bodies of the thousands of fit people lying around. Is this just a local problem in Suffolk ?

:D

Anyone that liked this hideous post should hang their heads in shame. 

https://www.msdmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular-disorders/sports-and-the-heart/sudden-cardiac-death-in-athletes#:~:text=An estimated 1 to 3,times more often than females.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Crumpet82 said:

I liked it as it was a joke 

on the other hand I hear you did post something out of order the other day. But had second thoughts and deleted it. And old Blu has numerous distasteful posts on his account, which he normally calls jokes and asks if someone has had a sense of humour by-pass when challenged

You two ain’t got a leg to stand on. So suck it up buttercup

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crumpet82 said:

I'm sure that it was posted in jest in response to a post that i made regarding fitness and underlying symtoms. Not to be taken literally.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iris123 said:

on the other hand I hear you did post something out of order the other day. But had second thoughts and deleted it. And old Blu has numerous distasteful posts on his account, which he normally calls jokes and asks if someone has had a sense of humour by-pass when challenged

That's how I took it. :t:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

"Not your fault as there wasn't a 'Keep Out' sign in place"...to which I replied "Would you rather walk round an exhibition with signs all over the place rather than using some common sense?" She totally ignored me hence why I generally dislike people but that's another story...

That's possibly part of the problem we have, its always someone else's fault, where there's blame there's a claim culture and that.

So now, rather than catching an illness from someone else, which wasn't your fault, maybe is your own fault for not following guidelines ?

Your probably lucky that the lady didn't report you for speaking to her in that tone, you may well have found yourself on a disciplinary!!!,,, and she may well have took offence, if you put a fence around it to cordon it off. ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I also viewed it as facetious , thought it would be obvious to most 

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

That's possibly part of the problem we have, its always someone else's fault, where there's blame there's a claim culture and that.

So now, rather than catching an illness from someone else, which wasn't your fault, maybe is your own fault for not following guidelines ?

Your probably lucky that the lady didn't report you for speaking to her in that tone, you may well have found yourself on a disciplinary!!!,,, and she may well have took offence, if you put a fence around it to cordon it off. ;)

...you wouldn't believe some of the comments visitors sometimes come out with. The term "engage brain before opening mouth" comes readily to mind!  You should see some of the garbage written on Tripadvisor! "I've queued in the rain for two hours"...well no one has forced you to join a queue you wombat! I may well write a book on my experiences working within the tourism industry...would make a good film! Fancy directing it? ;)

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...you wouldn't believe some of the comments visitors sometimes come out with. The term "engage brain before opening mouth" comes readily to mind! I may well write a book on my experiences working within the tourism industry...would make a good film! Fancy directing it? ;)

Nar :t:

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Nar :t:

I don't blame you...no one would believe it. They would possible see too much of themselves portrayed in the film and it would sit uncomfortably with them.

Posted (edited)

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England  625     55072

Scotland    93 (4965)

Wales  62   (3919)

NI  9   (1443)

Total   789   - last Saturday 479

Edited by racers and royals
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England  625     55072

Scotland    93 (4965)

Wales  62   (3919)

NI  9   (1443)

Total   789   - last Saturday 479

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital 789 other  246      total  1035

Last 14  weeks DAILY 7 DAY AVE all UK HOSPITAL AND OTHER   Covid 19 reported deaths( taken from the daily figures i quote

W/E October 4th  43  other 9 total 52

W/E October 11th 58 other 10 total 68

W/E October 18th 82  other  35 total 117

W/E October 25th 149   other  30  total  179

W/E November 1st 214  other 46 total 260

W/E November 8th 272 other  60    total 332

W/E November 15th 331 other   80    total   413

W/E November 22nd  355  other   87       total  442

W/E November 29th  357 other 103    total  460

W/E December 6th  345  other  84        total 429

W/E December 13th  332  other  88    total  420 

W/E December 20th  369 other    93    total  462

W/E December 27th 392  other   82       total  474

W/E January 3rd  478   other  126      total  604

This week(Mon-Sat )   735   other  232   total   967

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Crumpet82 said:

You get odder as the weeks go by, it was a joke (if it offended anybody else I apologise, but you'd better not watch HIGNFY you'll be offended very week , perhaps we should call you Mary Whitehouse)  You must end up being "offended of Suffolk" every time you watch the telly.  

Are you old Blu's spokesperson now ? 

Edited by jrs
  • Like 1