British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

11 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...beat me to it! Four years is a long time.

Especially when there is no Opposition.

4 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Great news. Top response for the vaccine.

4 hours ago, Badge said:

I get the civil liberty brigade, I do. I get the stats show Covid isn't killing more people as a percentage than some other illnesses, and that it only seems to be affecting a small percentage of a certain demographic, but people would do well to  take a moment to consider this.

As a direct result of the pandemic, those responsible for looking after our health are telling us they can't cope - physically and emotionally. The NHS is almost at capacity in some areas, and people who need routine operations or have other illnesses aren't getting the treatment they need, which in itself will cause further complications and deaths long term. 

People - men, women and children - are dying in hospital of covid AND non-covid related illnesses, frightened and alone, because their families aren't allowed to visit them. Families are suffering emotional trauma because they can't comfort their loved ones in their last moments, or when they are in pain. Doctors and nurses are telling us they are exhausted, and at breaking point. I'd much rather be out, but it's these people I'm thinking of while I'm staying home.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Especially when there is no Opposition.

All we have now is one snake with multiple heads, there is hardly a fag paper between them all...

36 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Advice from Captain Witless to encourage the stay home message is to behave as if you have the virus, to “ prevent” passing it on. 

And what is wrong about that. A simple instruction to protect themselves and others, but more mocking from a professional medic. I really question you at times. The government, the National Medics, the NHS, the Police, Facts and figures, etc, can't all be wrong but you might.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, June01 said:

I get the civil liberty brigade, I do. I get the stats show Covid isn't killing more people as a percentage than some other illnesses, and that it only seems to be affecting a small percentage of a certain demographic, but people would do well to  take a moment to consider this.

As a direct result of the pandemic, those responsible for looking after our health are telling us they can't cope - physically and emotionally. The NHS is almost at capacity in some areas, and people who need routine operations or have other illnesses aren't getting the treatment they need, which in itself will cause further complications and deaths long term. 

People - men, women and children - are dying in hospital of covid AND non-covid related illnesses, frightened and alone, because their families aren't allowed to visit them. Families are suffering emotional trauma because they can't comfort their loved ones in their last moments, or when they are in pain. Doctors and nurses are telling us they are exhausted, and at breaking point. I'd much rather be out, but it's these people I'm thinking of while I'm staying home.

This is the result of govt policy to reduce beds, staff, introduce lockdown and advise well people ( hospital staff) to stay at home. This carnage is happening not because of Winter respiratory viruses, but because of governmental policy and choices. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

All we have now is one snake with multiple heads, there is hardly a fag paper between them all...

One party delivering promises, dealing with the national pandemic, keeping millions fed and watered, grants to companies to keep them going, got a vaccine in first and now vaccinating more people than in the whole of the EU.

On the other hand the other one has a leader with virtually no support, who always has the answer after the government has made their decision,  which has still a lot of support from the old party heavily defeated a year ago , and one that also has an alternative party in it's infancy to act as a middle of the road Labour.

If you honestly believe there is only a fag paper between them, that's your problem, you are smoking the wrong dope. I assume the one snake with multiple heads must be Labour then.    

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

And what is wrong about that. A simple instruction to protect themselves and others, but more mocking from a professional medic. I really question you at times. The government, the National Medics, the NHS, the Police, Facts and figures, etc, can't all be wrong but you might.  

True, I admit a mistake that I voted for the Tories at the last election. I did not anticipate a fascist dictatorship. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vince said:

If the government (and the press) stuck to being honest about the figures rather than choosing them to fit their actions they would have been far more credible. With that credibility would have come a public willingness to stick more strictly to the rules.

Unlike you would get on this forum for example?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

True, I admit a mistake that I voted for the Tories at the last election. I did not anticipate a fascist dictatorship. 

So now you think you should have voted for Corbyn.    Nurse Nurse, he's hallucinating again, get the ventilator. :D

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

One party delivering promises, dealing with the national pandemic, keeping millions fed and watered, grants to companies to keep them going, got a vaccine in first and now vaccinating more people than in the whole of the EU.

On the other hand the other one has a leader with virtually no support, who always has the answer after the government has made their decision,  which has still a lot of support from the old party heavily defeated a year ago , and one that also has an alternative party in it's infancy to act as a middle of the road Labour.

If you honestly believe there is only a fag paper between them, that's your problem, you are smoking the wrong dope. I assume the one snake with multiple heads must be Labour then.    

I don't smoke dope...:)

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

So now you think you should have voted for Corbyn.    Nurse Nurse, he's hallucinating again, get the ventilator. :D

No.  I should not have voted...my usual position. I either vote Tory or not at all. I made a mistake last time. Not one I will repeat. 

Edited by Fenway Bleachers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, topsoil said:

That's probably nobody in their right mind would want to carry out murder, rape, pedophilia, abduction or a mugging. As for drink driving, you still get a lot of people thinking "i'll be okay". Look at the number of arrests every Xmas. The government are only trying to give you advice to stop the virus spreading. You seem to think this isn't sensible? Am I reading that wrong?  

Is the aim to stop the virus spreading or to save lives?

At the moment the government is doing neither.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Given that it is now being muted that masks, distancing and lockdowns are likely to continue for perhaps 12 months or more even after a vaccination programme is complete it may well be that the aim is something entirely different.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It should be the latter, as the former is not possible. Unfortunately our guns have been aimed at the wrong target. 

• Like 5