British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

No.  I should not have voted...my usual position. I either vote Tory or not at all. I made a mistake last time. Not one I will repeat. 

Voting reminds me of childhood..... it's a chance to use a crayon type pencil which is tied to a piece of string to put a cross on a piece of paper..... and it's in the same school building I used to do it in 60 odd years ago. Not much progress since then.

As my Father used to say... if a politician enters Parliament with honesty and integrity as their watchword then they've sh*t it.... and he survived two world wars and a Thatcher Government!!!

Edited by Lefty
Pore spellung
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

One party delivering promises, dealing with the national pandemic, keeping millions fed and watered, grants to companies to keep them going, got a vaccine in first and now vaccinating more people than in the whole of the EU.

On the other hand the other one has a leader with virtually no support, who always has the answer after the government has made their decision,  which has still a lot of support from the old party heavily defeated a year ago , and one that also has an alternative party in it's infancy to act as a middle of the road Labour.

If you honestly believe there is only a fag paper between them, that's your problem, you are smoking the wrong dope. I assume the one snake with multiple heads must be Labour then.    

If you think Bojo is providing competent leadership then I suggest you're very much smoking the wrong dope.

Speculation about what a opposition leader may or may not do is irrelevant because they're not in power, and is nothing but whataboutery.

Bojo is an indecisive clown whose indecision causes more damage than a leader who may make the wrong decision, but earlier. He's an embarassing disgrace to the Tories, and will surely be removed as leader if it continues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Kedavra said:

A year has zipped by, a year we won't get back.

Out of interest, would anyone have lived 2019 any differently if they'd known what was coming?

Edited by June01

My new quest is to find the brain of Boris Johnson...

Solar Fields - The Missing - YouTube

2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Oi!,,, what about your old quest?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Oi!,,, what about your old quest?

It was unsuccessful, i only found small ripples. This quest could prove much harder, i could be seeking something that doesn't even exist...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

There still looks like there is far too much in that image to be an accurate representation of the brain of Boris.
The image of compliment guy from the family guy episode might be more appropriate...Complete whitespace around him.

Edited by HenryW
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Brilliant photo!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So Patel defends Police issuing fines despite the ludicrous case recently reported where a couple took exercise five miles from home (which I would certainly class as local) while observing social distancing guidelines and taking their own drinks (classed as a picnic?)? Yet another example of her imcompetence and being out of touch. Yes I can understand warnings/fines for people who blatantly breach the guidelines but, again, another example whereby the guidelines are confusing/contradictory/unclear.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, topsoil said:

Unlike you would get on this forum for example?

This is a discussion forum, full of discussion, theories and opinions. I don't expect it to inform me with well researched facts although at times it does.

The government I pay to make decisions based on fact and expect them to keep me informed of why and how they reached those decisions truthfully. What we are getting now are statistics and stories used to justify their actions rather than the full story. Nothing new but more blatant than anything since the weapons of mass destruction in my opinion.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Vince said:

This is a discussion forum, full of discussion, theories and opinions. I don't expect it to inform me with well researched facts although at times it does.

The government I pay to make decisions based on fact and expect them to keep me informed of why and how they reached those decisions truthfully. What we are getting now are statistics and stories used to justify their actions rather than the full story. Nothing new but more blatant than anything since the weapons of mass destruction in my opinion.

Totally agree although there are some who have a problem accepting opinions unless it happens to agree with their own!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Totally agree although there are some who have a problem accepting opinions unless it happens to agree with their own!

What is this all about Steve...

Now that I'm allowed to go fishing what is the acceptable distance I am able to travel based on Government guidelines? There's a fishery ten miles away...is that deemed as local? I think it is but would the police? Would I be potentially fined and would Patel endorse that? Common sense at the end of the day but the interpretation of that is always open to question and contradiction.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

What is this all about Steve...

Dear me...Rowntree Park is the only large open space available in York for people to exercise. Now if I was to travel to Harrogate to exercise on the Stray (large open space similar to Hackney Marshes but the locals would squirm at that comparison) would I be potentially be fined for travelling out of my area even if I was to explain that my local outdoor area in York is closed? I intend travelling into York today to have a stroll round...exciting stuff!

Edited by steve roberts