British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

6 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Now that I'm allowed to go fishing what is the acceptable distance I am able to travel based on Government guidelines? There's a fishery ten miles away...is that deemed as local? I think it is but would the police? Would I be potentially fined and would Patel endorse that? Common sense at the end of the day but the interpretation of that is always open to question and contradiction.

I don't see that being a problem, it would be classed as in your local area. I know guys travelling double that, but are staying in the same county...

8 hours ago, Blupanther said:

My new quest is to find the brain of Boris Johnson...

Solar Fields - The Missing - YouTube

Speak to Dorothy’s scarecrow. He has had over 60 years of experience looking for one. 

Edited by Fenway Bleachers
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

I don't see that being a problem, it would be classed as in your local area. I know guys travelling double that, but are staying in the same county...

That's my interpretation...unlike the Peak District Police Force! :angry:

11 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

That's my interpretation...unlike the Peak District Police Force! :angry:

You could try saying that it didn't have a sign saying it wasn't your local area. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

So Patel defends Police issuing fines despite the ludicrous case recently reported where a couple took exercise five miles from home (which I would certainly class as local) while observing social distancing guidelines and taking their own drinks (classed as a picnic?)? Yet another example of her imcompetence and being out of touch. Yes I can understand warnings/fines for people who blatantly breach the guidelines but, again, another example whereby the guidelines are confusing/contradictory/unclear.

They weren't really exercising though, were they? The met up for a chit chat, they even brought their own coffees. They took the p**s and got caught out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, June01 said:

Out of interest, would anyone have lived 2019 any differently if they'd known what was coming?

2017/8 were fairly manic for me, so 2019 was quiet, which I totally regret now. Looking more and more likely I'll be waiting til 2022 to get plans back on track.

With regards to the fines, they could issue them all they want. I'd just give them a name and address of someone I dislike and then chuck the fine in the bin. 

7 minutes ago, MattK said:

They weren't really exercising though, were they? The met up for a chit chat, they even brought their own coffees. They took the p**s and got caught out.

Hmm...depends how one deems exercising? I stroll when exercising (nothing strenuous) but surely meeting up with a friend is acceptable (according to the guidelines) even to have a chat as it helps with mental health something that has been highlighted? Confusion/interpretation again! Those taking the p**s are the ones travelling from one end of the country to the other in the name of exercise.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MattK said:

Looked to me like it was a set up. Two smartly dressed women in welly boots, very keen to show off all their posed photos afterwards. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, MattK said:

The trouble is a lot of people are taking the p**s to some extent. We had the mountainous areas packed last week and so this week the police were ready. Once the car parks were full they were sending others back where they came. The tv interviewed one old couple, well the woman, and she was livid that they live 10km away and couldn’t walk around in the snow whilst others from further away ( how she knew where people came from I don’t know) were there !!!

Now I thought.... you are a pensioner, you have all week to walk around, and still complain because someone else gets there before you on a Saturday morning...,that to me is trying to take the p

Edited by iris123
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Now that I'm allowed to go fishing what is the acceptable distance I am able to travel based on Government guidelines? There's a fishery ten miles away...is that deemed as local? I think it is but would the police? Would I be potentially fined and would Patel endorse that? Common sense at the end of the day but the interpretation of that is always open to question and contradiction.

Apparently the further you go the smaller your rod has to be.  :D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MattK said:

Don’t agree.

Walking is exercise, with or without coffee.

And five miles is local.

More to the point, the law should not be down to the subjective interpretation of the police, and if the government is to encourage public support for these measures it should not be alienating people, neither those committing the infractions nor the two sides of the public that then argue about it.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The trouble is a lot of people are taking the p**s to some extent. We had the mountainous areas packed last week and so this week the police were ready. Once the car parks were full they were sending others back where they came. The tv interviewed one old couple, well the woman, and she was livid that they live 10km away and couldn’t walk around in the snow whilst others from further away ( how she knew where people came from I don’t know) were there !!!

Now I thought.... you are a pensioner, you have all week to walk around, and still complain because someone else gets there before you on a Saturday morning...,that to me is trying to take the p

I've been on the bus at 9-00am travelling to work and experienced those with bus passes arguing with the driver because they are only accepted after 9-30am. Those that need to get to work/school get priority in my view afteral those that have retired have all day to travel and not necessarily during peak morning time (unless they pay of course!)

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Hmm...depends how one deems exercising? I stroll when exercising (nothing strenuous) but surely meeting up with a friend is acceptable (according to the guidelines) even to have a chat as it helps with mental health something that has been highlighted? Confusion/interpretation again! Those taking the p**s are the ones travelling from one end of the country to the other in the name of exercise.

Don't take a flask of coffee when you go fishing Steve, some folk will want you thrown in jail...:rolleyes:

• Haha 1