British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

How dare she sit down...:rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The trouble is a lot of people are taking the p**s to some extent. We had the mountainous areas packed last week and so this week the police were ready. Once the car parks were full they were sending others back where they came. The tv interviewed one old couple, well the woman, and she was livid that they live 10km away and couldn’t walk around in the snow whilst others from further away ( how she knew where people came from I don’t know) were there !!!

Now I thought.... you are a pensioner, you have all week to walk around, and still complain because someone else gets there before you on a Saturday morning...,that to me is trying to take the p

Similar in the Lake district, people driving to park on road verges causing an obstruction to go and play in the snow.:rolleyes: 

• Like 2

BBC:

“According to the British Medical Association, there are more than 46,000 hospital staff currently off sick with Covid-19.”

Is that because:

PPE doesn’t work?

There is inadequate Covid control in hospitals?

NHS staff are breaking the Covid laws?

It’s not safe to shop in supermarkets?

Just why are they getting Covid?

• Like 2

I don’t know the furthest distance from one part of York’s outer ring road to another, but suspect it could be over 5 miles. To me, anywhere within the outer ring road is local, though using this argument anywhere within the M25 could be termed local, if one wanted to be silly.

24 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Don't take a flask of coffee when you go fishing Steve, some folk will want you thrown in jail...:rolleyes:

Yes, there’s the nonsense.

Sitting on a river bank drinking coffee is allowed, but walking with a coffee isn’t.

Who’s making up this rubbish?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Don't take a flask of coffee when you go fishing Steve, some folk will want you thrown in jail...:rolleyes:

...or take a chocolate bar(s). Could be construed as being a picnic whilst sat in my chair! ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DC2 said:

Is the aim to stop the virus spreading or to save lives?

At the moment the government is doing neither.

The aim is both I would say

2 hours ago, Vince said:

This is a discussion forum, full of discussion, theories and opinions. I don't expect it to inform me with well researched facts although at times it does.

The government I pay to make decisions based on fact and expect them to keep me informed of why and how they reached those decisions truthfully. What we are getting now are statistics and stories used to justify their actions rather than the full story. Nothing new but more blatant than anything since the weapons of mass destruction in my opinion.

:D

15 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

How dare she sit down...:rolleyes:

It's just getting plain silly!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Don’t agree.

Walking is exercise, with or without coffee.

And five miles is local.

More to the point, the law should not be down to the subjective interpretation of the police, and if the government is to encourage public support for these measures it should not be alienating people, neither those committing the infractions nor the two sides of the public that then argue about it.

What's your definition of a "social meeting" then? Is having a coffee more of an indication of social than exercise?

I hate to break this to you, but vast swathes of our laws are subjective and open to interpretation. They often use terms like "proportionate", "reasonable" or require proof of intent. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Like Vince says,can't attend run of the mill plod work but can harass grannies on a bench.I bet they went home and bigged it up.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dave69 said:

Like Vince says,can't attend run of the mill plod work but can harass grannies on a bench.I bet they went home and bigged it up.

I hate to be the one defending the police, but could it be that there isn't a great deal of other crimes going on during a national lockdown, so they have plenty of resources to throw at enforcing the guidelines?

25 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Agree it looks more than silly, would not be surprised  however  if there was more to this than the picture shows.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Agree it looks more than silly, would not be surprised  however  if there was more to this than the picture shows.

You could well be right.

27 minutes ago, dave69 said:

Apparently a friend of mine had her son accosted by a Police Officer as he left his car's engine running on private land as he popped out to make a delivery. Now I'm the first to moan about people leaving their engines running while idle but this was clearly a piss take...he was issued with a fine also which has been contested and awaiting the response.

Edited by steve roberts