British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

32 minutes ago, MattK said:

What's your definition of a "social meeting" then? Is having a coffee more of an indication of social than exercise?

I hate to break this to you, but vast swathes of our laws are subjective and open to interpretation. They often use terms like "proportionate", "reasonable" or require proof of intent. 

Yes, but for the crimes to which you refer, the police are not normally jury and judge.

Walking is exercise, whether you’re drinking coffee and talking or not.

24 minutes ago, MattK said:

I hate to be the one defending the police, but could it be that there isn't a great deal of other crimes going on during a national lockdown, so they have plenty of resources to throw at enforcing the guidelines?

Where does it say in the guidelines that drinking and eating in a public place is not allowed. When did a coffee become a picnic. Its complete nonsense...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, MattK said:

What's your definition of a "social meeting" then? Is having a coffee more of an indication of social than exercise?

I hate to break this to you, but vast swathes of our laws are subjective and open to interpretation. They often use terms like "proportionate", "reasonable" or require proof of intent. 

Have you got a link to “the offence of a social meeting”?

2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Where does it say in the guidelines that drinking and eating in a public place is not allowed. When did a coffee become a picnic. Its complete nonsense...

...otherwise why are takeaways allowed?

• Like 2

We all know sophie so I thought I'd share this

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Have you got a link to “the offence of a social meeting”?

Meeting other people

It is against the law to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble. You cannot leave home for recreational or leisure purposes (such as for a picnic or a social meeting).

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home#meeting-other-people

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes, but for the crimes to which you refer, the police are not normally jury and judge.

Walking is exercise, whether you’re drinking coffee and talking or not.

Out of the last 100 times I have exercised, I cannot recall once doing so while simultaneously consuming a coffee. On the other hand, the vast majority of social meetings I attend I am at very least offered a beverage.

Maybe next time you exercise you'd like to film yourself doing so while consuming a hot chocolate and panini, you could become the biggest viral sensation since those kids on Jim'll Fix It.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

How dare she sit down...:rolleyes:

With an estimated 280,000 people homeless in the UK (Shelter figures) are they allowed to lay on the bench.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MattK said:

Meeting other people

It is against the law to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble. You cannot leave home for recreational or leisure purposes (such as for a picnic or a social meeting).

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home#meeting-other-people

...or "when on your own with one person from another household" like my brother.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

...or "when on your own with one person from another household" like my brother.

That's exercising. They weren't exercising, they were having a social meeting.

2 minutes ago, MattK said:

...but walking presumeably whilst doing so. Again what constitutes exercise and interpretaion of same?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MattK said:

No, they were meeting socially, as allowed per the 'regulations' ...

• Like 1

Just now, steve roberts said:

...but walking presumeably whilst doing so. Again what constitutes exercise?

Sitting on a fishing box...:D

Just now, steve roberts said:

...but walking presumeably whilst doing so. Again what constitutes exercise?

Trainers, sweatbands, Lycra, stretching...

What constitutes a social meeting? Fashionwear, Starbucks, selfies...

• Like 2

Just now, Blupanther said:

Sitting on a fishing box...:D

Exactly how pathetic is that:rolleyes:, absolutely no exercise whatsoever after you've walked from your car, at least a game of golf or tennis IS exercise 

• Like 2