British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Just now, Blupanther said:

Sitting on a fishing box...:D

...whilst picking my n**e! Exercising my digit aren't I? :D

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, MattK said:

Trainers, sweatbands, Lycra, stretching...

What constitutes a social meeting? Fashionwear, Starbucks, selfies...

Excuse me but when I walk I certainly don't wear trainers, sweatbands etc. Walking with someone constitutes a social meeting certainly in my way of understanding things. The two are entwined surely requiring a good deal of common sense?

Edited by steve roberts

8 minutes ago, Badge said:

Exactly how pathetic is that:rolleyes:, absolutely no exercise whatsoever after you've walked from your car, at least a game of golf or tennis IS exercise 

...mental health and fresh air and, hopefully, plenty of arm action casting and constantly having to get up and down to re-bait when the blighters nibble! Nuff exercise for me! :t:

25 minutes ago, MattK said:

That's exercising. They weren't exercising, they were having a social meeting.

29 minutes ago, MattK said:

Out of the last 100 times I have exercised, I cannot recall once doing so while simultaneously consuming a coffee. On the other hand, the vast majority of social meetings I attend I am at very least offered a beverage.

Maybe next time you exercise you'd like to film yourself doing so while consuming a hot chocolate and panini, you could become the biggest viral sensation since those kids on Jim'll Fix It.

And out of the

33 minutes ago, MattK said:

Meeting other people

It is against the law to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble. You cannot leave home for recreational or leisure purposes (such as for a picnic or a social meeting).

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home#meeting-other-people

Here’s what your government link says:

“Meeting other people

It is against the law to meet socially with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble. You cannot leave home for recreational or leisure purposes (such as for a picnic or a social meeting).

Exercising

You should minimise time spent outside your home, but you can leave your home to exercise. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

You can exercise in a public outdoor place:

by yourself

with the people you live with

with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)

in a childcare bubble where providing childcare

or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household

This includes but is not limited to running, cycling, walking, and swimming. Personal training can continue one-on-one unless everyone is within the same household or support bubble.”

CAN YOU POINT ME TO THE BIT THAT SAYS YOU CANNOT EAT OR DRINK WHILST WALKING AND YOU ARE RESTRICTED IN WHAT YOU MUST WEAR?

Edited by DC2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...mental health and fresh air and, hopefully, plenty of arm action casting and constantly having to get up and down to re-bait when the blighters nibble! Nuff exercise for me! :t:

Yesterday i had a walk round the front 9 at my golf club with a friend and the dogs, but we are not allowed to play golf. Apparently that turns us into vicious granny killers...

• Haha 3

For anyone that has not seen the latest propaganda from Golum...'Act like a Leper'

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Yesterday i had a walk round the front 9 at my golf club with a friend and the dogs, but we are not allowed to play golf. Apparently that turns us into vicious granny killers...

You should have taken a golf club to whack a golf ball for your dog to chase.  ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

You should have taken a golf club to whack a golf ball for your dog to chase.  ;)

We took a flask of coffee, so we were expecting the covid storm troopers to jump out at any time and take us down...:D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And out of the

Here’s what your government link says:

“Meeting other people

Exercising

You should minimise time spent outside your home, but you can leave your home to exercise. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.

You can exercise in a public outdoor place:

by yourself

with the people you live with

with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one)

in a childcare bubble where providing childcare

or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household

This includes but is not limited to running, cycling, walking, and swimming. Personal training can continue one-on-one unless everyone is within the same household or support bubble.”

CAN YOU POINT ME TO THE BIT THAT SAYS YOU CANNOT EAT OR DRINK WHILST WALKING AND YOU ARE RESTRICTED IN WHAT YOU MUST WEAR?

They traveled outside their area though didn't they?

Regardless of distance, I believe they lived in Leicestershire and were in Derbyshire. 

My Covid area is BCP which although is within Dorset I understand that I shouldn't travel outside BCP into other areas of Dorset to exercise. 

18 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Yes I can't understand why golf isn't included as exercise (only ever played pitch 'n' putt personally...can't stand tennis!) but It's not just about the exercise people are now waking up to the fact that mental health is equally important hence why fishing shouldn't be an issue and thankfully isn't during this latest lockdown. By the way when I go walking I also often take photos being a keen photographer or binoculars...does that break the code? As I've said common sense should be at play as with all things in life.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

We took a flask of coffee, so we were expecting the covid storm troopers to jump out at any time and take us down...:D

Personally I like to carry my dog on my back.  He looks a bit like a golf bag.  :D

Maybe, just maybe there is more to the stories about the 2 coffee drinking women and the one on the bench than meets the eye.

A possible scenario is they were approached by plod, told they were breaching regulations and they responded with abusive remarks and it escalated from there. Not saying plod was right but they are mixing with all sorts of folk and would not be human if they didn’t get uptight.

None of us know the full story. Confusion reigns unless or until “local” is clarified so everyone can understand

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Personally I like to carry my dog on my back.  He looks a bit like a golf bag.  :D

Brilliant....a golf bag that looks like a Labrador, i'm on it. :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

They traveled outside their area though didn't they?

Regardless of distance, I believe they lived in Leicestershire and were in Derbyshire. 

My Covid area is BCP which although is within Dorset I understand that I shouldn't travel outside BCP into other areas of Dorset to exercise. 

Why are people talking about counties?  

We are in a national lockdown, not tiers.

5 miles is 5 miles, whether it is in your county or another, and it most certainly is local.

Alternatively, the government should have phrased the law “you cannot drive to another location to exercise”.

• Like 1