British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Just as mine of a social meeting does not include talking endless rubbish.  :D

No. That is your idea of a day on the BSF !!! :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I'm sure MattK that there is more to the story than first reported...

If that’s the case why didn’t the police force say so rather than saying it’s down to the discretion of the officers and then saying they were reviewing their procedures?

They didn’t say the women were abusive or causing a breach of the piece or obstructing a policeman in the course of his duty.

Don’t seek excuses for patent errors!

• Like 1

Just now, iris123 said:

No. That is your idea of a day on the BSF !!! :D

“Correcting endless rubbish” maybe.  :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Agreed...it's all about "definition of exercise'. :t:

Steve, just get your old shell suit out, put a couple of nicks innit, so it still fits, and your sorted,,, don't forget your tennis headband. :t:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No, that’s not how it works.

There is nothing in the law to say you must stay in your county.

I'm not talking specifically about counties but the areas we were divided into within the tier system.

I understand that the national lockdown has replaced that but surely the move to national lockdown would make it more restrictive not less as it was effectively putting everyone in tier 4. Again perhaps I'm wrong but I understood that travelling into another tier area was prohibited except for specific reasons so has the national lockdown in effect relaxed that now?

1 minute ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I'm not talking specifically about counties but the areas we were divided into within the tier system.

I understand that the national lockdown has replaced that but surely the move to national lockdown would make it more restrictive not less as it was effectively putting everyone in tier 4. Again perhaps I'm wrong but I understood that travelling into another tier area was prohibited except for specific reasons so has the national lockdown in effect relaxed that now?

Imagine living in a village on a county border where your nearest supermarket town is a mile into the adjoining county but instead you have to travel 15 miles to one in your county!

Lots of folk I know live in a village in North Tyneside, but their addresses are in Northumberland, most of them are confused at the best of times. ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Lots of folk I know live in a village in North Tyneside, but their addresses are in Northumberland, most of them are confused at the best of times. ;)

Imagine being witless in Whitley Bay!  :D

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Imagine living in a village on a county border where your nearest supermarket town is a mile into the adjoining county but instead you have to travel 15 miles to one in your county!

Yeah, I get that but if you want to contain things you have to have boundaries somewhere don't you? I live closer to France than I do London but I'm not sure the French would see it that way if I rock up for some exercise :D

When I was at school I lived on the border of Bournemouth & Poole which in those days were different counties and the Kids that lived the other side of the road had to travel to a school much further away because they lived on the Poole side of the road. Made no sense but that's how it worked.

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

“Correcting endless rubbish” maybe.  :P

Yes I think we're all guilty of doing that on occasions on here...I need to get back to my jigsaw and Benny Green on the radio ;)

16 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Steve, just get your old shell suit out, put a couple of nicks innit, so it still fits, and your sorted,,, don't forget your tennis headband. :t:

I’m guessing Steve did that to get his job in tourism?

”I hate the public” simply wouldn’t have been good enough!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

I’m guessing Steve did that to get his job in tourism?

”I hate the public” simply wouldn’t have been good enough!

...I lied a lot during the interview!

• Haha 3

Just now, steve roberts said:

...I lied a lot during the interview!

To be fair it was close but you just pipped Tsunami as a “people person”.  :D

24 minutes ago, DC2 said:

If that’s the case why didn’t the police force say so rather than saying it’s down to the discretion of the officers and then saying they were reviewing their procedures?

They didn’t say the women were abusive or causing a breach of the piece or obstructing a policeman in the course of his duty.

Don’t seek excuses for patent errors!

Exactly...the story was muddled and didn't really make much sense. Pertinent questions needed to be asked.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

To be fair it was close but you just pipped Tsunami as a “people person”.  :D

I like "persons but not people" if that makes any sense...it's a term that me and an ex-colleague used all the time.