British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Just now, Tsunami said:

A Newcastle friend of mine has just said all 4 of the household have tested positive with COVID. Let's hope they are false positives, but I see you are still knocking on about that phoney figure of 92%.

Just reiterating what Mr Raab said, which backs up what the inventor of the test stated in numerous interviews. The WHO recently said as much in a press release, and that's why some countries have stopped using it as a diagnostic tool. Doctors should be left to diagnose illness imo...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Funny that my visits to hospitals lately, they insist on everyone wearing a face mask and even provide them if you need them.  And all medical staff there have to as well and will warn others if they are not conforming. You're quoting the wrong comics again. 

That's not a quote, its a picture of the inlay sheet instructions that come with a box of masks...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Blimey

“COVID-19: New cases may be running at 250,000 a day, and pressure on NHS 'won't start easing until March'” Sky today.

Imagine how many cases we must have had last March!

That’s good, we will reach herd immunity in no time, or maybe we are nearly already there 

Edited by TRM
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Just reiterating what Mr Raab said, which backs up what the inventor of the test stated in numerous interviews. The WHO recently said as much in a press release, and that's why some countries have stopped using it as a diagnostic tool. Doctors should be left to diagnose illness imo...

That figure has been discussed so many times on here, yet despite the findings you still go back to things at the very beginning.

10 minutes ago, TRM said:

That’s good, we will reach herd immunity in no time, or maybe we are nearly already there 

That's not been proven yet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

That's not a quote, its a picture of the inlay sheet instructions that come with a box of masks...

But I would rather take the actual advice of medics who look after the virus. Manufacturers probably do it because of product liability prosecution.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dave69 said:

My wife always takes me out on a lead.

Is that to take you to the pub, or to drag you back later.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

But I would rather take the actual advice of medics who look after the virus. Manufacturers probably do it because of product liability prosecution.

The virus is hundreds of times smaller than the holes in a cotton mask. Below is what we have to use by law when dying maggots, including eye and ear protection. Dye particles are thousands of times larger than a microbial virus...

Coronavirus: U.S. stocked N95 face masks instead of reusable respirators

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

The virus is hundreds of times smaller than the holes in a cotton mask. Below is what we have to use by law when dying maggots, including eye and ear protection. Dye particles are thousands of times larger than a microbial virus...

Coronavirus: U.S. stocked N95 face masks instead of reusable respirators

Prefer to believe to believe this to the DANGEROUS  disinformation you & your fellow cranks on here continue to peddle:-

"Professor Melinda Mills, Director of the Leverhulme Centre and author of the study, says, ‘The evidence is clear that people should wear masks to reduce virus transmission and protect themselves, with most countries recommending the public to wear them. Yet clear policy recommendations that the public should broadly wear them has been unclear and inconsistent in some countries such as England'"

Try reading the full report https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-07-08-oxford-covid-19-study-face-masks-and-coverings-work-act-now#:~:text=work – act now-,Oxford COVID-19 study%3A face masks,and coverings work – act now&text=Cloth face coverings%2C even homemade,Leverhulme Centre for Demographic Science. , you might then learn why the vast majority of those qualified and with experience in such matters advocate that the current masks available to the public reduce virus transmission & protect themselves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Prefer to believe to believe this to the DANGEROUS  disinformation you & your fellow cranks on here continue to peddle:-

"Professor Melinda Mills, Director of the Leverhulme Centre and author of the study, says, ‘The evidence is clear that people should wear masks to reduce virus transmission and protect themselves, with most countries recommending the public to wear them. Yet clear policy recommendations that the public should broadly wear them has been unclear and inconsistent in some countries such as England'"

Try reading the full report https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-07-08-oxford-covid-19-study-face-masks-and-coverings-work-act-now#:~:text=work – act now-,Oxford COVID-19 study%3A face masks,and coverings work – act now&text=Cloth face coverings%2C even homemade,Leverhulme Centre for Demographic Science. , you might then learn why the vast majority of those qualified and with experience in such matters advocate that the current masks available to the public reduce virus transmission & protect themselves.

An AI company, and another one heavily funded by you know who, and Mills is a run of the mill sociologist. Laughable propaganda at best...:rofl:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

An AI company, and another one heavily funded by you know who, and Mills is a run of the mill sociologist. Laughable propaganda at best...:rofl:

Donald Trump?  - after all he's a master of laughable propaganda as you already know:P

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tsunami said:

That's not been proven yet.

Exactly. In fact I did put the WHO stating you might get small pockets of herd immunity, but widespread won’t be reached until next year. In fact it must be questioned if we ever get their I guess, if their figures are correct that people who are vaccinated have around 8 months and people who have recovered from the virus have only around 3? months. Those people who has the virus in the Spring of last year possibly won’t be immune any more ?

A study in Manaus Brazil which shows possible lack of herd immunity/ re-infection of the local population

https://virological.org/t/genomic-characterisation-of-an-emergent-sars-cov-2-lineage-in-manaus-preliminary-findings/586

the footnote is important that it is only a limited sample. I also recall reading about one case of a man who had Covid, recovered and was re- infected I guess you could say, in that the virus has mutated in his body and came back, recovered and the same thing happened again and he died. Seems he was continually tested and I think never left hospital, so they said he wasn’t infected from someone else 

Edited by iris123