British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

8 hours ago, Blupanther said:

The virus is hundreds of times smaller than the holes in a cotton mask. Below is what we have to use by law when dying maggots, including eye and ear protection. Dye particles are thousands of times larger than a microbial virus...

Coronavirus: U.S. stocked N95 face masks instead of reusable respirators

But can it shimmy between several layers of facemask to get out?

I've just had a look at my four facemasks. Three are two ply and the fourth is three ply at least. So, when projected forward, it has to get through one layer, look around for the nearest hole in the second layer (and yet another hole in the third layer of my other mask) before it can escape. Surely by then it can't travel far at all.

Anything coming in will have the same problem, getting through more than one layer.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, iris123 said:

That's slightly worrying as my Mum's second jab was put on hold much to my dismay. The Government and it's advisors have constantly re-iterated that the way out, or at least controlling, of the pandemic was with a vaccine and it strikes me that they may well be compromising the procedure which was initially proposed whereby two injections were the safe guard?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

Let’s hope this is a very rare thing, Steve

Just now, iris123 said:

Let’s hope this is a very rare thing, Steve

Certainly hope so.

My other half who works at a Test Centre has applied to join the vaccination team (she is qualified) but the application form that she needs to complete is 18 pages of modules and some very bizarre questioning that it's stressing her out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

That's slightly worrying as my Mum's second jab was put on hold much to my dismay. The Government and it's advisors have constantly re-iterated that the way out, or at least controlling, of the pandemic was with a vaccine and it strikes me that they may well be compromising the procedure which was initially proposed whereby two injections were the safe guard?

My 94 year old mother hasn't had her appointment offered yet, however we here in Suffolk,  felixstowe where she lives in particular haven't started the roll out yet, apart from the hospitals etc.

• Sad 2

Was watching the local news last night and, there was a bit about folk complaining about having to wait upto an hour, sometimes outside in the cold!!!,,, to receive their vaccine by appointment at the vaccination centre.

A member of staff said in the interview that some customers were turning up, upto an hour and a half early,,, is being unable to tell the time a symptom??? ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

I've just had a look at my four facemasks. Three are two ply and the fourth is three ply at least. So, when projected forward, it has to get through one layer, look around for the nearest hole in the second layer (and yet another hole in the third layer of my other mask) before it can escape. Surely by then it can't travel far at all.

Anything coming in will have the same problem, getting through more than one layer.

I don't think most people have any concept of how small a microbial virus is. If you can breathe through a mask, it offers no protection from virons...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Exactly. In fact I did put the WHO stating you might get small pockets of herd immunity, but widespread won’t be reached until next year. In fact it must be questioned if we ever get their I guess, if their figures are correct that people who are vaccinated have around 8 months and people who have recovered from the virus have only around 3? months. Those people who has the virus in the Spring of last year possibly won’t be immune any more ?

I thought the consensus was that people who have had the virus will be immune for nine months?

Regardless, the consensus also seems to be that it’s a mutating virus that will return every year, like flu, and require annual vaccination until our immune systems become sufficiently familiar with it to make it no more fatal than flu.

NHS care home admissions, they are making the same mistake again.

8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I don't think most people have any concept of how small a microbial virus is. If you can breathe through a mask, it offers no protection from virons...

But they do trap virons contained in mucus, thereby reducing the amount emitted and transmitted from a symptomatic carrier.

Transmission may though still occur if you spend sufficient time in an enclosed environment with one or more carriers, even if they wear masks, because some virons will escape from them and also appear to hang in the air from their exhaled breath due to aerosol transmission.

1 minute ago, Crumpet82 said:

NHS care home admissions, they are making the same mistake again.

Care homes are the undeniable case for targeted quarantine.

But our government failed to learn that lesson and is now responsible for those unnecessary deaths.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

So with these “impenetrable layers” how do you breathe, Vincent?

If air can be inhaled and exhaled, do you not realise that virons can be too?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

But they do trap virons contained in mucus, thereby reducing the amount emitted and transmitted from a symptomatic carrier.

Transmission may though still occur if you spend sufficient time in an enclosed environment with one or more carriers, even if they wear masks, because some virons will escape from them and also appear to hang in the air from their exhaled breath due to aerosol transmission.

Mucus was always the deflection used. Have you ever seen anyone walking down the street expelling mucus from there nose with every breathe...:D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Mucus was always the deflection used. Have you ever seen anyone walking down the street expelling mucus from there nose with every breathe...:D

To be fair, there’s one or two posters on here who seem to do that every time their fingers hit the keyboard.   :D

• Haha 2