British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

3 minutes ago, dave69 said:

At a guess,perhaps like here in the first lockdown,many vets shut and just the emergency practices stayed open at at ridiculous prices.

Which i`m sure is true- but that`s not the fault of the government, who have said vets can stay open and so has the BVA

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

What is your problem? As a vet this is the situation. They are declared non essential and having to be furloughed. Animals do not get treated and I started this off as my personal experience of an animal that would not be treated.  Without vets at various levels commercial animals may not get treated (farmers) and what would you expect if your daughters cat gets run over? Let it die? You really miss the bigger picture. Having had enough of corresponding with ignorant people like you who are so insular and fail to see the bigger picture I call it a day. You not qualified to comment on veterinary practices and should stick to what you know from experience or those who are involved in the industry. On that note I bid you farewell and hope you do not need vet

You really are a xxxx of the highest order- this is the Government lockdown information for businesses that can stay open.

• vets and retailers of products and food for the upkeep and welfare of animals

What could be clearer than that.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

You can't help yourself to be a burk do you. It's actually 1564 today and who cares if its higher or lower than April'20 which incidentally it IS.

It is a shocking statistic, and should make everyone think and possible modify their behaviour as the infection starts to covert over to more deaths. You of course will continue to belittle the death figures, the admission rates, the bed occupancy, the case numbers, etc,  all in the pursuit of trading statistics and trying to be right,  even when you are wrong, which is more than what you would give anybody credit for.

Incidentally why did you try and discredit todays numbers by saying the second line. The definition of deaths has always been a mixture of deaths on the day, plus others retained from the previous weekend, and/or from other previous days. Even at this level of deaths, you would still try to challenge the definition cos the number is very high.  

You are a desperate and shocking individual. 

Got a spare moment so I’ll reply to this rant.

Firstly, I mentioned that “1,564 deaths reported today”.  

That’s the big headline news story, saying it’s the worst day of the pandemic, but of course it’s not, that’s just media sensationalism.

The media have always used the daily reported figure because it takes several days to get an accurate figure for date of death.

Today’s reported deaths actually happened over many past days, not just today.

One took place on 8 May!  You can see today’s reported deaths by date of death for those in England here:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/01/COVID-19-daily-announced-deaths-13-January-2021.xlsx

Even the BBC put it into perspective in their small print: Currently around 1,000 people a day on average are dying”, not 1,564.

1,000 deaths a day is significantly lower than the daily average around 8 April.  It is though likely that the April figures will be exceeded at the end of the month.

Secondly, the main reason to focus on date of death is that it’s an accurate way of tracking the disease while date of report is not.

Go on, Tsunami, have another irrational rant at that.

• Like 1

January's total deaths in comparison to the previous 5/10 years will be the true barometer, so it will be interesting what that data says. I find it bizarre that people are crying bloody murder that people are using statistical analysis for Covid deaths. 87.7% of all deaths recorded up to the first week of December last year had no mention of Covid and I guarantee the vast majority of causes of death on there have a higher mortality rate than Covid. Let's not forget that those admitted to hospital are frequently obese/overweight, conditions which, with a few rare exemptions, are totally self inflicted and entirely avoidable. I accept there will be anomalies, as there is with everything but it baffles me why exercise is limited to once a day

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kedavra said:

January's total deaths in comparison to the previous 5/10 years will be the true barometer, so it will be interesting what that data says. I find it bizarre that people are crying bloody murder that people are using statistical analysis for Covid deaths. 87.7% of all deaths recorded up to the first week of December last year had no mention of Covid and I guarantee the vast majority of causes of death on there have a higher mortality rate than Covid. Let's not forget that those admitted to hospital are frequently obese/overweight, conditions which, with a few rare exemptions, are totally self inflicted and entirely avoidable. I accept there will be anomalies, as there is with everything but it baffles me why exercise is limited to once a day

Next thing will be another Eat Out scheme limited to crap like Mc Donalds and KFC.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dave69 said:

Next thing will be another Eat Out scheme limited to crap like Mc Donalds and KFC.

Apparently (as reported in the local press) a woman was fined for driving 100 miles thru' three counties to buy a McDonald's burger at Scarborough...you couldn't make it up really! :angry:

Edited by steve roberts

12 hours ago, dave69 said:

Is Invicta Park Barracks still going?36 Reg

Yes but is set to close in 2027

Johnson to announce this afternoon that due to the fantastic progress made with the vaccination roll out pubs and restaurants will reopen on February 31st.

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, Kedavra said:

Although the ministers keep saying exercise should be no more than one hour once a day, apparently neither limitation is set out in law.

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Although the ministers keep saying exercise should be no more than one hour once a day, apparently neither limitation is set out in law.

Fortunately, I work on a military base, so physical activity is obviously encouraged. The message that the govt are sending out is to sit at home as much as possible. I can manage a decent work out at home, but I think those of a larger persuasion can think of nothing worse 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes.The West Midlands Comissioner said they actually have no powers,you can go where you want and no right of entry.You can have 20 people in your house drinking and they are powerless.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kedavra said:

Fortunately, I work on a military base, so physical activity is obviously encouraged. The message that the govt are sending out is to sit at home as much as possible. I can manage a decent work out at home, but I think those of a larger persuasion can think of nothing worse 

Yes, “stay at home” is being done to death and taken literally at the expense of “go out and get some fresh air”.

Patrick Vallance was saying last night that “being indoors” is by far the worst setting for transmission, so why not encourage everyone to be outside as long as they’re not congregating closely!

We had “open the window and ventilate rooms” over Xmas, but “open the car window returning from supermarkets” might be more useful now as ventilation might reduce both the risk of you breathing in the virus and it taking hold.

4 minutes ago, dave69 said:

Yes.The West Midlands Comissioner said they actually have no powers,you can go where you want and no right of entry.You can have 20 people in your house drinking and they are powerless.

Good news for the swingers...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Maybe 5 months of immunity is the next theory. Would still mean those infected early on will now have lost it

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55651518

Err ... no.

The study says “at least five months” because the study has been going for only five months!

• Like 1