British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

4 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

EsXAYscXcAEawBR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Don't think any of that really matters tho and, if you see the new list of potential symptoms, it wont be long before everyone with any ailment has it.

Edited by ruffdiamond

34 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

EsXAYscXcAEawBR?format=jpg&name=900x900

You can add cancer, heart attack, stroke, sepsis and dementia deaths to that list too.

• Like 2

The BBC has certainly put out a lot of hospital footage over the last two weeks.  

I assumed that NHS staff would be used to treating end of life patients and that witnessing deaths was sadly part of the job, but there seems to be an emphasis on their emotional response to Covid.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

The BBC has certainly put out a lot of hospital footage over the last two weeks.  

I assumed that NHS staff would be used to treating end of life patients and that witnessing deaths was sadly part of the job, but there seems to be an emphasis on their emotional response to Covid.

Staff may well be used to treating end of life patients as you put it, but to do it day after day, hour after hour must be soul destroying. I certainly couldn’t do it and I doubt you could either. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Staff may well be used to treating end of life patients as you put it, but to do it day after day, hour after hour must be soul destroying. I certainly couldn’t do it and I doubt you could either. 

Yes, take your point about “day after day, hour after hour”, the increased intensity is obviously stressful.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

We call them '5 minute famers', and its amazing how some people change when a TV camera is on the scene. All deaths are sad, but lets not ever forget the staff that have to deal with child cancer deaths on a regular basis, there is nothing harder to cope with than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

More keyboard warriorism trying to question people’s emotions in an emotional time 

Then we have whataboutism from Crumpet saying others have it even harder , as if we need to have levels as to how hard it is to see patients die ffs:(

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

More keyboard warriorism trying to question people’s emotions in an emotional time 

Then we have whataboutism from Crumpet saying others have it even harder , as if we need to have levels as to how hard it is to see patients die ffs:(

I can only go by my experience, but when I talked to colleagues about distressing situations, I didn’t get too emotional. If I tried talking to “civvies” I often found myself getting choked up. As for calling staff 5 minute farmers, words fail me. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I can only go by my experience, but when I talked to colleagues about distressing situations, I didn’t get too emotional. If I tried talking to “civvies” I often found myself getting choked up. As for calling staff 5 minute farmers, words fail me. 

Astonishing turn of phrase...just glad I'm not as cynical during what are very trying times to say the least.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Its famers, and a term first used by a consultant to describe hand picked staff to front media interviews. Sometimes they are agency staff on double pay bank shifts, having thrown a full pay sickie the previous day. Its a terrible system and the reason why so many nurses are leaving the NHS and becoming agency workers. I wonder how many people know about the bank shift scam and the millions it costs the NHS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Keyboard warriorism?

Hmmm ... thanks for that.

I was just questioning the BBC’s quest for sensationalism.

Their headline today is: “Covid: 'More deadly' UK variant claim played down by scientists”

But of course they absolve themselves of responsibility for their headline from yesterday: “New strain 30% more deadly”.

What’s happened to the measured and trustworthy BBC?

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Keyboard warriorism?

Hmmm ... thanks for that.

I was just questioning the BBC’s quest for sensationalism.

Their headline today is: “Covid: 'More deadly' UK variant claim played down by scientists”

But of course they absolve themselves of responsibility for their headline from yesterday: “New strain 30% more deadly”.

What’s happened to the measured and trustworthy BBC?

You should realise by now that opinions are not allowed till they have been vetted by the Ministry of  Truth...:D

• Like 5

Our old friend Ferguson is on the Nervtag fiasco,he`s never been out on his figures as we know...;):D

• Haha 2