British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

If your good lady was having a suspected heart attack you would be calling 999,  not your local surgery. Do you really not understand the pressure these people are under? Let’s not get in the way of another opportunity to have a good old moan. 

I’d be ringing both.

No, I don’t realise the pressure my local surgery is under. There’s never any evidence of pressure there.  

And it’s closed on a Saturday apparently.

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Can't believe anyone actually listens to this propaganda. I can show you winter headlines going back decades that all say the same thing: "NHS workers at the absolute limit," "Hospital on the brink," "A & E at breaking point," etc, etc. The figures show this year is no worse than average. The truth is the NHS is a behemoth that never learns from its mistakes and, no matter how much money we throw at it, its leaders do not have the capacity to think out of the box.

I've paid into NHS coffers for 50 years and, by God's grace, never had to draw out. I've never spent a night in hospital in my entire life and it's probably 30 years since I last went to see a GP. But I've paid in dutifully in the belief that in my old age they'd be there to look after me when I finally give up the ghost. But what happens? At the age of 70, they tell me that in order to "Save the NHS" I've got to wear a mask, stay at home, not see my grandkids and should I dare to venture out, people will die and IT'S ALL MY FAULT! I always thought the NHS was there to SAVE ME - not the other way round!

Want to know the truth? The NHS is not worth saving. It should be broken up, all the super-annuated bureaucrats sacked and local management boards set up to run health services in the localities (made up of proper working people with a vested interest in the health of the local community). 

“Stay at home, Help the NHS, Save lives” might have been better.

Protecting the NHS rather than old people was always a mistake.

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I’d be ringing both.

No, I don’t realise the pressure my local surgery is under. There’s never any evidence of pressure there.  

And it’s closed on a Saturday apparently.

I no longer bother with my GP Surgery...and that's well before the pandemic. They don't answer the phone. They're reluctant to come to the counter if I make the effort to visit. I can't make an appointment other than by going on line and then someone will eventually contact me saying that I can't see a doctor for a week or so. I can't order a repeat prescription over the counter...again need to go on line. It's a hopeless situation. If I needed a doctor I would not hesitate in calling 999. :angry:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I no longer bother with my GP Surgery...and that's well before the pandemic. They don't answer the phone. They're reluctant to come to the counter if I make the effort to visit. I can't make an appointment other than by going on line and then someone will eventually contact me saying that I can't see a doctor for a week or so. I can't order a repeat prescription over the counter...again need to go on line. It's a hopeless situation. If I needed a doctor I would not hesitate in calling 999. :angry:

Steve, they probably have number recognition and, know it's the guy that shouts at folk at the local museum thing.

They may be a bit wary of a guy wearing a viking helmet. 

Maybe after a week or so, they think you would have gettin over your ailments, like you would've done at sea on your long boat back in the day? 

Your right tho, it is hopeless and, I hope you don't need a doctor,,, but if you do, don't ask a GP. ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

I don't have a doctor.They rung me a couple of years ago saying as I hadn't used them in years they were taking me off their books.

17 minutes ago, dave69 said:

I don't have a doctor.They rung me a couple of years ago saying as I hadn't used them in years they were taking me off their books.

Serves you right for being healthy...;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Government spreading false information... surely not. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

“Stay at home, Help the NHS, Save lives” might have been better.

Protecting the NHS rather than old people was always a mistake.

The notion that the NHS saves the lives of old people is a misnomer. According to Amnesty International,  the action of the NHS in discharging 25,000 elderly people into care homes In April last year and issuing blanket "Do Not Resuscitate" orders resulted in 18,000 avoidable deaths. The "spike" in Covid deaths in that month was due entirely to the NHS's wanton treatment and deprivation of medical care of elderly patients. I hope Matt Hancock is dragged before the courts to answer for this genocide.

6 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Wait until the REAL truth dawns on folks.

• Like 3

Great article from the Guardian:o. Gets close to the real agenda but not quite.

'Some in the industry suspect Covid is being used covertly by neo-prohibitionists to permanently remove the pub from its central role in British life'.

The proliferation of zero/low alcohol beers is the clue and now we've got 0% gin for God's sake. Just before total closure remember the 'can't serve alcohol' rule?

Stitch those 2 together and the picture becomes clear. 

Greene KIng & Wetherspoons preparing to pounce on closed pubs following on from small and medium shops being shafted and closing down leaving the field clear for the big boys in that sector to mop up.

So much easier to control the game when there's less players on the pitch.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/23/pubs-britain-fabric-properly-helped-lockdown-locals

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Disappointing that he didn’t play the offending advert.

If true, that might explain why two people reacted to me yesterday when I was out running.

BRITAIN 2021

• Like 4

This looks like the BBC misleading again in its Coronavirus daily update:

“You can spread Covid even if you've had a jab, says Van-Tam”

Apparently he said “may” and “could” and the government has said “we don’t know yet”, but the BBC prefers a headline saying definitively CAN.

8 hours ago, Blupanther said:

It looks like the accusation is indeed true according to The Telegraph:

Government to discontinue Covid ad accusing joggers or those exercising of being 'highly likely' to have the virus

Controversial advert condemned for spreading 'false information' and risking 'scaring' people into physical inactivity

here’s the obscene ad:

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Disappointing that he didn’t play the offending advert.

If true, that might explain why two people reacted to me yesterday when I was out running.

Were you out running with your dog?,,, that's double trouble.  :nono: