British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

ONS agreeing with Imperial College’s study that infections have remained high throughout January and not halved as indicated by the government’s tests results.

So neither lockdown nor the closing of schools has suppressed infections into a downward trend.

It looks like the seasonality of the virus is too strong, although the BBC wonders if instead the more virulent mutant strain or less stringent lockdown conditions are to blame: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55858658

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

ONS agreeing with Imperial College’s study that infections have remained high throughout January and not halved as indicated by the government’s tests results.

So neither lockdown nor the closing of schools has suppressed infections into a downward trend.

It looks like the seasonality of the virus is too strong, although the BBC wonders if instead the more virulent mutant strain or less stringent lockdown conditions are to blame: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55858658

Maybe its just a seasonal virus, doing what viruses have done every winter for the last million years. Just a thought.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crumpet82 said:

Maybe its just a seasonal virus, doing what viruses have done every winter for the last million years. Just a thought.

Exactly.

Even the BBC realised that, albeit as its third choice after mutant strain and less stringent lockdown conditions.  :D

The establishment doesn’t like to admit seasonality because it points to them failing to prepare for it!

Edited by DC2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

Von Der Lying claimed that 'Best reasonable efforts' was not in the the contract with AZ.

It was, 15 times.

Did she really ?

I thought there was a dispute about what the term referred to, not that it was in the contract ?

Seems one or two legal bods seem to think she and the EU are in the right. Especially that the UK sites were also included in the deal. And also one I think on the Guardian was saying this isn't a first come first served deal.....

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-brussels-has-binding-orders-for-astrazeneca-jab-says-eu-chief-12201916

8 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Did she really ?

I thought there was a dispute about what the term referred to, not that it was in the contract ?

Seems one or two legal bods seem to think she and the EU are in the right. Especially that the UK sites were also included in the deal. And also one I think on the Guardian was saying this isn't a first come first served deal.....

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-brussels-has-binding-orders-for-astrazeneca-jab-says-eu-chief-12201916

I thought she said best efforts/endeavours applied to AZ before they got a working vaccine, not after.

Although that seems strange to me.

To effectively commit to producing millions of vaccines for numerous countries as soon as they’ve approved use is bound to be subject to manufacturing and logistics capacities so surely they should have had some qualifying clause, like by quota rather than best endeavours.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I thought she said best efforts/endeavours applied to AZ before they got a working vaccine, not after.

Although that seems strange to me.

I agree, that is what was agreed. And also seems strange, but also seems to be the usual wording of such contracts from reports

Press conference now going from the EMA

They say they were waiting for more data, the newest came just this week. Seems like they won't put a block on older age groups using it, but say data isn't really thorough for the older group

A German reporter wonders if the efficiency can be as low as 10 percent among older people over 65.

Bruno Sepodes answers:

- An extra tool in the pandemic is important. Although we can not draw conclusions now about how effective it is, we will soon be able to have more data from studies in the United States.

- From what we have, we have no reason to believe that it is not effective among the elderly. We can be criticized no matter what we do. The experience of other vaccines and data from this indicate that it will be effective.

Edited by iris123

'As long everybody isn't vaccinated (for Covid-19), nobody will be safe'. : Klaus Schwab World Economic Forum @ Davos January 2021.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

UK concludes the deal to purchase 60 million doses of the Novovax vaccine.

EU concludes 'exploratory talks'.

:rofl:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Wolfsbane said:

'As long everybody isn't vaccinated (for Covid-19), nobody will be safe'. : Klaus Schwab World Economic Forum @ Davos January 2021.

Nice piece of script writing there from Uncle Bill...:)

• Haha 1

The EU, under cover of Covid-19 vaccines, has erected a hard border between Eire & NI via Article 16.

7 hours ago, DC2 said:

Did the normally vocal Tsunami read this and storm off in a huff?  :D

No.In a wave

5 minutes ago, dave69 said:

No.In a wave

Well he has been all at sea on this subject...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crumpet82 said:

Never.It's the umpteenth wave.Boris said so.

• Haha 1

When Von Der Lying was German Defence Minister only 8 out of the Luftwaffe's 108 front line fighters were operational.

And they put this serial failure in charge of procuring the vaccines.

:rolleyes: