British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Might have been too cold and, didn't want to pay for heating?

I know my daughter was complaining back in December. So she is probably happy atm when the temp has fallen below zero

19 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Ah so you have physics qualifications too, is there no end to your expertise?

You don’t actually need a physics qualification, do you?

As a nurse she probably had a module on infectious diseases.  :rolleyes:

Personally I’m happy that masks and two metres help, but do I think they give 100% protection indoors?  No.

25 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Ah so you have physics qualifications too, is there no end to your expertise?

That's was hubby's field of expertise, i just mug him for the information. :)

9 minutes ago, Crumpet82 said:

That's was hubby's field of expertise, i just mug him for the information. :)

My mistake, I thought you said he was a cardiologist.

I don't get this 2m apart anymore.Having now got covid myself now i had a phone call from the NHS test&trace today.All they wanted to know to try trace things was from 21st to the 26th which apparently is the most likely time i caught it{tested yesterday)was i in close contact with anyone within 1m,any skin contact,or shared a vehicle.I thought your most likely to catch it within 2m.Seems to me it's now 1m as that fits the Governments agenda to try and keep more people at work.

Well that's another 10 days self isolation for me my missus and daughter.We had to do 10 days a few weeks ago as my daughter had it.I can see why people aren't honest and go to have a test if they have any symptoms because at the moment the 3 of us now will lose 3 weeks pay each.Well we will get SSP though. 

19 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

My mistake, I thought you said he was a cardiologist.

Yes you are correct, he works in cardiology. He did some training in ID many years ago, that's why i said 'was'. 

3 hours ago, Crumpet82 said:

I have never thought any airborne virus can be influenced by social distancing. We all share the same air after all, irrespective of how far apart we are. 

Those who thought it was funny, should educate themselves by reading this from the ALA.

''Bacteria and viruses can travel through the air, causing and worsening diseases. They get into the air easily.'' 

https://www.lung.org/clean-air/at-home/indoor-air-pollutants/bacteria-and-viruses#:~:text=Bacteria and viruses can travel,spread on surfaces like doorknobs.

• Like 1

One case, 2 million people locked down. Planet Clown...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

I don't get this 2m apart anymore.Having now got covid myself now i had a phone call from the NHS test&trace today.All they wanted to know to try trace things was from 21st to the 26th which apparently is the most likely time i caught it{tested yesterday)was i in close contact with anyone within 1m,any skin contact,or shared a vehicle.I thought your most likely to catch it within 2m.Seems to me it's now 1m as that fits the Governments agenda to try and keep more people at work.

Well that's another 10 days self isolation for me my missus and daughter.We had to do 10 days a few weeks ago as my daughter had it.I can see why people aren't honest and go to have a test if they have any symptoms because at the moment the 3 of us now will lose 3 weeks pay each.Well we will get SSP though. 

The track and trace is useless I was contacted by them way back and the national team and the regional team gave conflicting information and gave other people different end dates. It is just a tick box exercise

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Richspeedway said:

The track and trace is useless I was contacted by them way back and the national team and the regional team gave conflicting information and gave other people different end dates. It is just a tick box exercise

I don't have a "Track & Trace" facilty on my phone so always gave my details which they then noted...not sure how they would be able to activate it if they needed to contact me or how it's registered and by whom?

35 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I don't have a "Track & Trace" facilty on my phone so always gave my details which they then noted...not sure how they would be able to activate it if they needed to contact me or how it's registered and by whom?

I don't have the track and trace app.When you book a test they take your phone number,email etc.I must admit as Richspeedway said you do get conflicting information from them.Sometimes i wish i didn't book a test like thousands of others that have symptoms and don't bother.

• Like 1

Saw something about Vitamin D and the role it could play in battling covid, and someone asked....'if vitamin d is important, why are there outbreaks in the Australian summer ?' . Well I wondered if they were asking the right question, but about the wrong place. After all Australia has very few cases. But I thought, what about Manaus in Brazil ? They have a major problem atm

Average monthly sunhours in Stockholm, Sweden   Copyright © 2020 www.weather-and-climate.com

Look at the average monthly sunhours in Stockholm and we can see that it might play a part, if we ignore the first wave, but looked at the second wave

But looking at Manaus, it has a fairly constant season and anyway, has had its major outbreaks before the sun drops in February

Average monthly sunhours in Manaus, Brazil   Copyright © 2020 www.weather-and-climate.com

Temps stay nice and warm the whole year round as well

Average min and max temperatures in Manaus, Brazil   Copyright © 2020 www.weather-and-climate.com

And then look at one of the regions in Europe that is being hit hard atm, Portugal

Average monthly sunhours in Lisbon, Portugal   Copyright © 2020 www.weather-and-climate.com

Edited by iris123

I have a dream...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2