British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

12 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

On the local news they've just featured some university students, laudably, making face shields. 

Before too long we'll have Valerie Singleton showing us how to make protective masks out of sticky back plastic and a washing up liquid bottle.

There’s already plenty of clips on YouTube showing how to do it.:D

12 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Have you not made one yet?

You should get a 2 metre diameter hula hoop and sew it into your pants. There called 'Tants' (short for table pants),,,you can put all sorts in them, cup holders, chopping boards, etc. If everyone wears them, the 2 metre rule should never be breached :t:

Should be a 4 mtr diameter hoop, 2 mtr all around, try getting on a bus with one of those on. 

1 hour ago, jrs said:

Russia stopped Chinese nationals entering the country at the end of January.

But we carried on and I do believe they can still enter the UK now.

We have been lax right from day one, not only on foreign entry but more so on testing. Quite disgusting and embarrassing that only 2000 NHS staff have actually been tested. 

Not really. Hospitals and hospital staff are there because of patients so now even more than normal get priority and medical staff know that and they also know they will get the 15% that is ring fenced for that at the same time. The government, and the NHS, have now scrapped the 15% requirement, now that the number of tests are increasing considerably with expectations of 100,000 by the end of April due to addition suppliers being brought on stream.

Edited by Tsunami

Italy’s deaths at 760 today compared to their high of about 919 a few days ago.

A plateau is possible.

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

85% of the thousands of NHS workers quarantined could return to work if they were tested! Germany doing 100000 tests a day, to Britain's 8000. Ridiculous that 1 in 4 doctors is sat at home.:(

Not true 5.7%. It is the most recent figure announced this afternoon for Doctors away from work..

At the start of this pandemic we had 2 research labs as opposed to over 100 research labs in Germany.( quote from Hancock this afternoon after discussions with his equivalent in Germany.)

Edited by Tsunami

4 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

So businesses making millions/billions should not only not contribute to the public infrastructure and services they're reliant upon, but they should get a load of handouts from the government as well? I thought right wingers were against state subsidies and propping up inefficient industries?

In extreme situations like now, anything is considered and implemented for the sake of the economy. As you already know what you do in an emergency is not an indicator of what you do when things are normal. But you know that, you're just being argumentive for the sake of it.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Should be a 4 mtr diameter hoop, 2 mtr all around, try getting on a bus with one of those on. 

I find it hard to get on a bus in normal circumstances :neutral:

• Haha 2

There's almost no doubt now how much China have been lying on their figures.

They had 14,108 positive tests on Feb 12th, which suddenly dropped to 5090 on the 13th, 2641 the following day, to neglible amounts within a week or two.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

At the start of this pandemic we had 2 research labs as opposed to over 100 research labs in Germany.( quote from Hancock this afternoon after discussions with his equivalent in Germany.)

Vorsprung durch technik :P

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

They had 14,108 positive tests on Feb 12th, which suddenly dropped to 5090 on the 13th, 2641 the following day, to neglible amounts within a week or two.

Why on Earth would people be telling lies?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

That’s been obvious for two weeks.

And yet the WHO holds them up as a paradigm.

Just spot checked four daily death figures (not averages) in France over the last four weeks:

29, 112, 365, 509.

The rate of increase seems to be slowing.

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

The atmosphere was when I jumped the queue !!!

It said on the door if you have an appointment go straight through to the waiting room. So my ex said look we don't have to wait. We go through and sit down. Then the security guard comes up to us and say's we have to get in the queue. I said it say's on the door.... yes, but this is an extraordinary time. I said, I don't know how it normally works, but maybe you should take the sign down then ,as I don't come here every year to sort out registration. But it was all very amicable, until the guy we jumped past came in and started to rip into the security guard that everyone was jumping in ahead of him :D 

bloody foreigners eh  :D:D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jrs said:

bloody foreigners eh  :D:D

Was quite funny that the security guy thought I was from the Netherlands. So I am going round giving the Dutch a bad name :D

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I find it hard to get on a bus in normal circumstances :neutral:

What's a bus???:unsure:

• Haha 1