British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

To be honest, it does seem like the scientists are hanging on to their public prominence rather than beginning to take a backseat to the waning of the virus by seasonality and vaccines.

Time to box them up in unis and focus them on adapting the vaccine.

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

To be honest, it does seem like the scientists are hanging on to their public prominence rather than beginning to take a backseat to the waning of the virus by seasonality and vaccines.

Time to box them up in unis and focus them on adapting the vaccine.

Depends  whether you trust those who have empirical experience of this field or go by the likes of yourself who suddenly believes he knows better having read some unsubstantiated material from unreliable sources on the internet.

The only people I would "box up" are conspiracy peddlers likes of Tory MP Sir Desmond Swayne who urged anti-vaxxers to 'persist' against COVID restrictions 

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 1

Despite the media jumping on the band wagon saying that some restrictions will be lifted by such and such date nothing will be announced until next Monday (22nd) and it's another example of newspapers, in particular, writing their own agendas to suit. No wonder people are confused and cajoled as has been the case throughout the pandemic as regards to misinformation thru' social media outlets in particular....although the Government are not exempt and have been found wanting on occasions with confused/contradictory information.

I've no idea when I will be expected to go back to work but I shall wait until  an official statement is made rather than relying on social media announcements.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Never?

Did you read the study or just the headline? Did you look to see who the PDMJ are, who the author of the paper is and what credentials she has to be producing such a study?

The first draft of Johnson's roadmap.

Monopoly Classic

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lockdown loving California v Open all hours Florida...

MhGWFJn6?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

The first draft of Johnson's roadmap.

Monopoly Classic

Hotels on Old Kent Rd. and Whitechapel, a like his style. ;)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MattK said:

Did you read the study or just the headline? Did you look to see who the PDMJ are, who the author of the paper is and what credentials she has to be producing such a study?

No, I didn't read it,,, I based my answer on advice of my trusted sources. One thing I would say is that, I don't know if masks increase the risk catching Covid-19, but think they increase the risk of other conditions/illnesses. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

No, I didn't read it,,, I based my answer on advice of my trusted sources. One thing I would say is that, I don't know if masks increase the risk catching Covid-19, but think they increase the risk of other conditions/illnesses. 

Who are your "trusted sources", not Blupanther I hope?

What makes you think they increase the risk of other conditions/illnesses?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cyclone said:

Depends  whether you trust those who have empirical experience of this field or go by the likes of yourself who suddenly believes he knows better having read some unsubstantiated material from unreliable sources on the internet.

The only people I would "box up" are conspiracy peddlers likes of Tory MP Sir Desmond Swayne who urged anti-vaxxers to 'persist' against COVID restrictions 

Ironic that you've used an out of context quote to push an agenda. You find me a line in that interview where he supports the anti-vax movement. He meant everyone should persist against the draconian restrictions in place, without a single mention of not taking a vaccine. Guess you gobbled the headline up on sky news without looking into it.

3 minutes ago, MattK said:

Well, am hardly likely to tell you their names, but will say most of them work in the medical profession and, Alan the taxi driver. :t:

If you wear glasses they sometimes steam up whilst wearing a mask, which could be dangerous.  Also from personal experience, suffering from breathing difficulties and oxygen deprivation, wearing a mask doesn't help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well, am hardly likely to tell you their names, but will say most of them work in the medical profession and, Alan the taxi driver. :t:

If you wear glasses they sometimes steam up whilst wearing a mask, which could be dangerous.  Also from personal experience, suffering from breathing difficulties and oxygen deprivation, wearing a mask doesn't help.

Just checking it wasn't Blupanther or his alter ego Crumpet82.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MattK said:

Going by my trusted sources  and personal evidence, I would say that masks have  contributed to a reduction in the normal winter bugs and infections.

Not one person in my wider family or friends and neighbours has had any coughs, colds, sore throats etc that we normally associate with winter, that the average person normally succumbs to at sometime in the winter.

The only conclusions I could draw from that was that it was likely that with less social interaction plus the wearing of masks in public places those infections had been kept to a minimum.

Edited by jrs
Grammar
  • Like 2