British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

We can only dream of this in Stalag Britain...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

No surprise there.

The government should immediately remove all restrictions on meeting outside, including at restaurants and pubs, save for a metre/two metre advisory.

including all motorsports especially speedway/grasstrack.in fact every form of sport .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Anyone remember the covid cult getting hysterical over people on the beaches...:rolleyes:

I would like to see the data that led Prof Woolhouse to this conclusion. I was not aware that the local authorities on all our coastal areas have records of everyone that have visited the beaches over the last summer!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Yes, and he will probably be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life and his fellow rescuers are decimated at his horrific injuries. All because 2 guys from Liverpool and Leicester decided to break the law and camp out on the top of a mountain for fun. When they rang to ask to be rescued, because one was having heart pains, the rescue service should have said we will have a look in the morning and told them to keep warm. Try to move to be under a Shrub. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, and he will probably be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life and his fellow rescuers are decimated at his horrific injuries. All because 2 guys from Liverpool and Leicester decided to break the law and camp out on the top of a mountain for fun. When they rang to ask to be rescued, because one was having heart pains, the rescue service should have said we will have a look in the morning and told them to keep warm. Try to move to be under a Shrub. 

Was it because of 2 guys?

Or because he slipped?

It was the latter, just as it would have been in 2019, 2018, 2017 ......

Slipping is a hazard of mountain rescue, not of a Covid lockdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dj350z said:

I would like to see the data that led Prof Woolhouse to this conclusion. I was not aware that the local authorities on all our coastal areas have records of everyone that have visited the beaches over the last summer!

He probably examined the “cases” at beach towns, as declared daily for towns on the government website.

Now, of course, you could say there’s something more subtle at play, such as beach-goers returning home to other towns, but there weren’t really any outbreaks between June and September anywhere regardless of busy beaches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Seeing that 'Shrub' has capital S making it a name not a noun I'm guessing that's a little dig at me. I've already said I don't condone what the climbers did and the rescuer's accident was a tragedy, as it would have been if it happened pre-Covid. But rescue services have never questioned the legality of what their shouts were up to, if they get the call they go, it's what they do and why they joined. It is then up to the law to deal with them once rescued, as happened in this case.

• Like 1

The R number

# When the situation is worsening it's very prominent.

# When the situation is improving it goes into hiding.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Shrub said:

Seeing that 'Shrub' has capital S making it a name not a noun I'm guessing that's a little dig at me. I've already said I don't condone what the climbers did and the rescuer's accident was a tragedy, as it would have been if it happened pre-Covid. But rescue services have never questioned the legality of what their shouts were up to, if they get the call they go, it's what they do and why they joined. It is then up to the law to deal with them once rescued, as happened in this case.

That's a fair assessment although the news item made me angry when It was apparent that two people were blatantly ignoring the guidelines.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shrub said:

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

That's a fair assessment although the news item made me angry when It was apparent that two people were blatantly ignoring the guidelines.

If a car is going faster than it should be, say 45 in a 40, or the driver is using their phone whilst driving and, with no other vehicles involved, the car drives off a cliff or plunges into a river, should the driver be rescued, or just left to get on with it, cause they were clearly ignoring the rules/guidance?,,, just asking. 

Edited by ruffdiamond

22 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If a car is going faster than it should be, say 45 in a 40, or the driver is using their phone whilst driving and, with no other vehicles involved, the car drives off a cliff or plunges into a river, should the driver be rescued, or just left to get on with it, cause they were clearly ignoring the rules/guidance?,,, just asking. 

...if a car drove passed me travelling at speed overtaking on a dangerous bend and later I found it overturned in a ditch I wouldn't pull over to check on the oocupants. I would pull up further down the road and report the accident but I certainly wouldn't be concerned as regards to their welfare.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...if a car drove passed me travelling at speed overtaking on a dangerous bend and later I found it overturned in a ditch I wouldn't pull over to check on the oocupants. I would pull up further down the road and report the accident but I certainly wouldn't be concerned as regards to their welfare.

and that would be fine Steve,,, and let the emergency services decide whether to rescue them or not, they might just say no, let the scallywags stay there cos we don't wanna risk falling in a ditch.

50 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Surprised at that, Steve.

It could be a drunk driver with his children in the back or someone with a mechanical problem or in a rush in an emergency.

But the reason doesn’t really matter, we’re all human and would save a life if we could, wouldn’t we?

Cascade Investments LLC has concluded a $4.7bn dollar deal increasing it's share in Signature Aviation from 19% to 30%. A really strange move considering the disastrous effect that the Plandemic has had on the aviation industry.

2 things explain this however :

# Signature Aviation are the world's biggest operator of private jet bases.

# Cascade Investments is owned/controlled by Bill Gates.

The same Bill Gates who is proposing zero carbon emissions. 

Still think this is about a virus?

• Thanks 2