British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Surprised at that, Steve.

It could be a drunk driver with his children in the back or someone with a mechanical problem or in a rush in an emergency.

But the reason doesn’t really matter, we’re all human and would save a life if we could, wouldn’t we?

Trouble is I have become very cynical with age and experience...living in North Yorkshire I've had to endure idiots driving at speed along single track lanes and on one occasion across the North York Moors I was driving with caution with sheep on the road and a yob was driving directly at them forcing me to take evasive action as he was sticking two fingers up at me whilst grinning. On another occasion a young girl passed me on a bend at speed when another was car approaching and I had to slam my brakes on. I eventually caught up with her at a Service Station just outside Helmsley and after taking her to task was met with the proverbial two finger sign and bad language. I'm afraid I experience no real attachment towards people...sad I know but I have to live with that.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Trouble is I have become very cynical with age and experience...living in North Yorkshire I've had to endure idiots driving at speed along single track lanes and on one occasion across the North York Moors I was driving with caution with sheep on the road and a yob was driving directly at them forcing me to take evasive action as he was sticking two fingers up at me whilst grinning. On another occasion a young girl passed me on a bend at speed when another was car approaching and I had to slam my brakes on. I eventually caught up with her at a Service Station just outside Helmsley and after taking her to task was met with the proverbial two finger sign and bad language. I'm afraid I experience no real attachment towards people...sad I know but I have to live with that.

Sign of the times mate. :( (pity there's not a 2 finger moji) ;)

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

...the sooner I can re-locate to my castle surrounded by a moat and I can pull up the drawbridge the better!  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

\/ that's the best I can do :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

\/ that's the best I can do :)

Reminds when Jack "The Villian" Millen used to wear a race jacket with the roman numerical "V" on the reverse and on the parade would turn his back to the crowd and proceed to jump up and down!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...the sooner I can re-locate to my castle surrounded by a moat and I can pull up the drawbridge the better!  ;)

I thought every house in York had a moat, at least when the Ouse rises!  :D

• Like 1

Fantastic to see the progress made to get the deaths, cases, hospital occupancy and reduced number of ICU being occupied. Excellent perseverance by the medics and government to continue with the lockdown knowing it would work eventually, and get this pandemic more under control. Certainly makes the exit date brought forward much earlier, folks getting back to a normal and lives saved because of it. 
Believe it or not but there are some who don’t want to believe the above, namely DC2 and the Shrub. Oh well, there’s always some dissenters who welcome bad news.

Get the jab, you know it makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Fantastic to see the progress made to get the deaths, cases, hospital occupancy and reduced number of ICU being occupied. Excellent perseverance by the medics and government to continue with the lockdown knowing it would work eventually, and get this pandemic more under control. Certainly makes the exit date brought forward much earlier, folks getting back to a normal and lives saved because of it. 
Believe it or not but there are some who don’t want to believe the above, namely DC2 and the Shrub. Oh well, there’s always some dissenters who welcome bad news.

Get the jab, you know it makes sense.

I welcome the decreasing numbers, although you putting them down to lockdown is typically blinkered.

You ignore the more significant parts played by school closures, vaccinations and the waning Covid season.

And you ignore the more unpalatable, increasing numbers that are caused by your “triumphant” lockdown:

hundreds of thousands of job losses, old people suffering their last years alone and NHS backlogs and cancelled treatments storing up unnecessary and premature deaths for the future.

Lockdown has been an outright disaster.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   309     80424

Scotland    57   (6885)

Wales    14  (5189)

NI   6   (2021)

Total  386   - last  Thursday  578

3 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Cascade Investments LLC has concluded a $4.7bn dollar deal increasing it's share in Signature Aviation from 19% to 30%. A really strange move considering the disastrous effect that the Plandemic has had on the aviation industry.

2 things explain this however :

# Signature Aviation are the world's biggest operator of private jet bases.

# Cascade Investments is owned/controlled by Bill Gates.

The same Bill Gates who is proposing zero carbon emissions. 

Still think this is about a virus?

I wonder if Bill Gates has a similar Wolfsbane obsession?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

I welcome the decreasing numbers, although you putting them down to lockdown is typically blinkered.

You ignore the more significant parts played by school closures, vaccinations and the waning Covid season.

And you ignore the more unpalatable, increasing numbers that are caused by your “triumphant” lockdown:

hundreds of thousands of job losses, old people suffering their last years alone and NHS backlogs and cancelled treatments storing up unnecessary and premature deaths for the future.

Lockdown has been an outright disaster.

Support bubbles

24 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Support bubbles

I was thinking of the thousands of old people in care homes who have been denied visits from loved ones and who have degenerated and died a lonely death.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England   309     80424

Scotland    57   (6885)

Wales    14  (5189)

NI   6   (2021)

Total  386   - last  Thursday  578

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital  386   other  68    total    454  (last Thursday  678)

1st dose vaccinations   16.4 M

2nd dose   573,000

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I was thinking of the thousands of old people in care homes who have been denied visits from loved ones and who have degenerated and died a lonely death.

I can speak from experience on this topic. As frustrating as it has been that i haven't been able to visit my parents in the care home i can fully understand why they were locked down. The virus getting in there could have ben disastrous.

• Like 1

Last 20  weeks DAILY 7 DAY AVE all UK HOSPITAL AND OTHER   Covid 19 reported deaths( taken from the daily figures i quote

W/E October 4th  43  other 9 total 52

W/E October 11th 58 other 10 total 68

W/E October 18th 82  other  35 total 117

W/E October 25th 149   other  30  total  179

W/E November 1st 214  other 46 total 260

W/E November 8th 272 other  60    total 332

W/E November 15th 331 other   80    total   413

W/E November 22nd  355  other   87       total  442

W/E November 29th  357 other 103    total  460

W/E December 6th  345  other  84        total 429

W/E December 13th  332  other  88    total  420 

W/E December 20th  369 other    93    total  462