British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

7 minutes ago, topsoil said:

I can speak from experience on this topic. As frustrating as it has been that i haven't been able to visit my parents in the care home i can fully understand why they were locked down. The virus getting in there could have ben disastrous.

Were the residents given a choice whether they ended their lives in isolation or with family visits?

Lockdown is working in lockdowned countries and states, meanwhile countries and states that never lockdowned are also seeing the same decline. The truth is, a seasonal virus is getting to the end of its season...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Lockdown is working in lockdowned countries and states, meanwhile countries and states that never lockdowned are also seeing the same decline. The truth is, a seasonal virus is getting to the end of its season...

Not all, it seems

'It could become necessary to shut down parts of Swedish society," Health Minister Lena Hallengren said as she outlined the new measures, pointing to a "worrying" rise in the number of new cases in recent days, and a "significant risk of a third wave".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Not all, it seems

'It could become necessary to shut down parts of Swedish society," Health Minister Lena Hallengren said as she outlined the new measures, pointing to a "worrying" rise in the number of new cases in recent days, and a "significant risk of a third wave".

How many times have we heard that ...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Not all, it seems

You’ll have to forgive Blu as it was a whole 24 hours ago we mentioned it :D

• Haha 1

Seasonal curves of viruses have no respect for lockdowns...

PCR test scamdemic. A reminder there is NO test for covid...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Were the residents given a choice whether they ended their lives in isolation or with family visits?

Given that the vast majority in there are suffering from dementia, the choices would be made for them by those running the home, with the residents best interests at heart. Like I say, frustrating though it is, the consequences would have been disastrous and the decision is totally understandable.

Oh look, another seasonal curve...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I should add that families were allowed to visit right at the end

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

Given that the vast majority in there are suffering from dementia, the choices would be made for them by those running the home, with the residents best interests at heart. Like I say, frustrating though it is, the consequences would have been disastrous and the decision is totally understandable.

I can understand the blanket approach in the first wave because preparation time was short, but there is no such excuse for this winter season.

The government should have required care homes both to prepare for this season and to give residents the choice of contact or none, segregating them as appropriate.

Contact with family for many old people is the only thing that makes life worth living.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Fantastic to see the progress made to get the deaths, cases, hospital occupancy and reduced number of ICU being occupied. Excellent perseverance by the medics and government to continue with the lockdown knowing it would work eventually, and get this pandemic more under control. Certainly makes the exit date brought forward much earlier, folks getting back to a normal and lives saved because of it. 
Believe it or not but there are some who don’t want to believe the above, namely DC2 and the Shrub. Oh well, there’s always some dissenters who welcome bad news.

Get the jab, you know it makes sense.

Amazing that the November lockdown made b*gger all difference but that this one is “responsible” for a 75% fall in “cases”!

Has the “new variant” gone on holiday?  :D

Have closing schools, vaccinations and the waning season not contributed more to the decline than a lockdown which November saw to be ineffective?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Matt gets a practical demonstration of where he can stick his 'vaccine'.

Euh2vZCWYAMrC1B?format=jpg&name=large

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1