British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Seems it is not only Stockholm that is seeing a big rise in cases

Corona infection is rampant in Luleå, writes the Norrbotten region in a press release.

In the last week,almost twice as many have been confirmed infected compared to the week before. 264 new cases compared to 159.

- This is a very serious situation. Efforts are now needed from every single Luleå resident to prevent more people from becoming seriously ill or dying, says Anders Nystedt, infection control doctor.

23 people receive care in hospitals and seven of them are cared for in intensive care. In addition, the region has had to send two intensive care patients to other regions. It can be compared with last Monday when three people who received intensive care for covid-19.

- It is a terrible development and there is a great risk that even more people will end up in intensive care now that the infection is appearing again, says Anders Nystedt.

• Like 1

Shocked i tell you shocked....He needs sacking. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

The Swedish haters are going to love this...

Eul1amfXUAMabuM?format=jpg&name=small

• Thanks 1

Another reminder that it's a PCR test scandemic...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England  315      80739

Scotland   31    (6916)

Wales   16   (5205)

NI    5  (2026)

Total  367   - last  Friday 508

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital 367  other 166  total  533( last Friday 758)

1st dose vaccinations  16.8 M

2nd dose  589,000

Last 20  weeks DAILY 7 DAY AVE all UK HOSPITAL AND OTHER   Covid 19 reported deaths( taken from the daily figures i quote

W/E October 4th  43  other 9 total 52

W/E October 11th 58 other 10 total 68

W/E October 18th 82  other  35 total 117

W/E October 25th 149   other  30  total  179

W/E November 1st 214  other 46 total 260

W/E November 8th 272 other  60    total 332

W/E November 15th 331 other   80    total   413

W/E November 22nd  355  other   87       total  442

W/E November 29th  357 other 103    total  460

W/E December 6th  345  other  84        total 429

W/E December 13th  332  other  88    total  420 

W/E December 20th  369 other    93    total  462

W/E December 27th 392  other   82       total  474

W/E January 3rd  478   other  126      total  604

W/E January 10th 712  other   197    total  909

W/E January 17th  876   other    243    total  1119

W/E January 24th  899   other  341      total  1240

W/E January  31st  871  other   303      total 1174

W/E February 7th  692   other    209      total  901

W/E February 14th  514  other   158       total   672

This week(Mon/Fri)  433     other   118     total   551 

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

According to a study of Hamburg deaths, the vast majority died 'of Covid' not 'with Covid'. 618 of the 735 examined

https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/hamburger-studie-zu-covid-19-tote-die-meisten-sterben-an.1939.de.html?drn:news_id=1229034

Yes, but:

Most of the deceased had an average of three previous illnesses.

20 percent were pathologically overweight.

On average they were 83 years old,

75 percent of all dead were older than 76 years. 

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Iris popping up with Sweden as a case supporting lockdown, just as he always does.

But

Sweden with no lockdown has had 12,000 deaths in a population of 10 million.

Is that a compelling case for closing down their society, ruining their economy and cancelling other treatments to store up thousands of premature deaths for the future?

Easy answer to that: no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Iris popping up with Sweden as a case supporting lockdown, just as he always does.

But

Sweden with no lockdown has had 12,000 deaths in a population of 10 million.

Is that a compelling case for closing down their society, ruining their economy and cancelling other treatments to store up thousands of premature deaths for the future?

Easy answer to that: no.

I am coming up with a comparison. Did the lockdown in the other countries save the lives of thousands of their citizens ? I think the answer is yes. And Sweden has anyway been economically hit despite having a lackadaisical approach, which they are gradually having to change anyway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Another reminder that it's a PCR test scandemic...

PCR tests aren't done to tell you 'you are sick'. That isn't the point, as quite a lot won't be 'sick' with the virus

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

The Swedish haters are going to love this...

Eul1amfXUAMabuM?format=jpg&name=small

Yup...Norway 0.4%, Denmark 1.6%, Iceland 1.6%, Finland 2.7% and Estonia 3.1% all neighbours of Sweden who had a helluva lot more at 7.6% . Proves the point I have been making all along and which you have been avoiding . I thank you for that :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

I am coming up with a comparison. Did the lockdown in the other countries save the lives of thousands of their citizens ? I think the answer is yes. And Sweden has anyway been economically hit despite having a lackadaisical approach, which they are gradually having to change anyway

You might think that if you compare Sweden to Denmark, but not if you compare it to Belgium, the UK etc etc

Did Denmark do something other than lockdown that the lockdown failure countries didn’t?

Did it get very few initial cases? Did it act very early?  Did it close its borders?

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Yup...Norway 0.4%, Denmark 1.6%, Iceland 1.6%, Finland 2.7% and Estonia 3.1% all neighbours of Sweden who had a helluva lot more at 7.6% . Proves the point I have been making all along and which you have been avoiding . I thank you for that :rolleyes:

That’s hardly the point.

With Imperial College’s predictions for non-lockdown, Sweden should have had 100,000 deaths, not 12,000.

We even had the exposure that Sweden tried to entice Finland not to lockdown as well, so they wouldn't be the only one in the region.......and it is the Swedes who actually look at what their neighbours have done, rather than compare themselves to Belgium.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iris123 said:

PCR tests aren't done to tell you 'you are sick'. That isn't the point, as quite a lot won't be 'sick' with the virus

Maybe that is the point?

• Like 1