British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Tegnell seems to have a different opinion to Blu B)

Anders Tegnell, state epidemiologist at the Swedish Public Health Agency:

- We start by looking at the global situation. We see a clear decline over a number of weeks, which is very good. But we still have a widespread spread of this virus.

- Even in Europe, we see a cautious decline, perhaps not quite as clear as globally. But definitely heading in the right direction.

The spread of infection in Europe is "mixed", he says.

- There are big differences in different parts of Europe, how it develops.

- In Sweden, we unfortunately see an upturn again. As before, we have slower waves up and down, but now for a few weeks a fairly clear rise unfortunately.

- At iva, we have had a clear decline, ever since mid-December when we peaked. But it (the statistics) is a little behind, there is a risk of an increase in IVA.

- The death toll, where we see a clearer and stronger development. This is due to various reasons, especially the vaccination work for those who are most at risk of dying from the disease.

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

The number of positive cases of covid-19 continues to increase and the Stockholm Region is taking more measures to stop the spread.

At 12.30, the Stockholm Region invites to a press conference about the situation and about measures to be taken.

Always wear masks in public transport. Wear masks at work, in grocery stores, at pharmacies and at the hairdresser.

These are the new recommendations that the Stockholm Region is introducing as the infection continues to increase.

In addition, high schools will be closed the week after the sports holiday, according to Maria Rotzén Östlund, infection control doctor in the region.

Edited by iris123

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England    372    81854

Scotland   56   (7006)

Wales    4   (5250)

NI   5    (2041)

Total     437  - last  Tuesday 540

40 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Always wear masks in public transport. Wear masks at work, in grocery stores, at pharmacies and at the hairdresser.

These are the new recommendations that the Stockholm Region is introducing as the infection continues to increase.

In addition, high schools will be closed the week after the sports holiday, according to Maria Rotzén Östlund, infection control doctor in the region.

That’s the case lag in certain areas where people are allowed to mix more freely, especially in the colder countries where cold weather persists longer.

The curve will still look the same as the UK, just a bit later.

34 minutes ago, Badge said:

Me too,  don't think flu has actually gone away, however anyone with smalls, ie junior school age kids, must have noticed the cold and cough has stopped spreading so going forward it might be good to keep the sanitizer going as it obviously spreads via dirty hands

Downside is, it could seriously weaken the immune system in the process, especially amongst the young if overused...

“Most parents think all germs are bad, that is not true. Most will just stimulate your immune system and make you stronger. Prof Gilbert says that parents can often over-sterilise environments for their children. When children are in the garden playing in mud for example, it’s not necessary to immediately sterilise their hands and worry that the mud may have got close to their faces.''

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That’s the case lag in certain areas where people are allowed to mix more freely, especially in the colder countries where cold weather persists longer.

The curve will still look the same as the UK, just a bit later.

Depends how much it rises

Also have a look at Czecho’s curve

And Belgium’s is very interesting considering they are at the same latitude climate as Germany and UK. Getting a high peak down so early , which would suggest a lockdown rather than climate had more effect

• Like 1

Interesting...

6 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Depends how much it rises

Also have a look at Czecho’s curve

And Belgium’s is very interesting considering they are at the same latitude climate as Germany and UK. Getting a high peak down so early , which would suggest a lockdown rather than climate had more effect

An early peak, a mid-peak or a late peak are all the same, relatively short-lived during the season and occurring at one time or the other depending on numerous variables, including temperatures, the degree to which the virus is established from the previous season, new strains emanating from within the country and abroad and the type of mixing that people are doing.  Indoors, including “staying at home”, being far worse than outdoors.

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

An early peak, a mid-peak or a late peak are all the same, relatively short-lived during the season and occurring at one time or the other depending on numerous variables, including temperatures, the degree to which the virus is established from the previous season, new strains emanating from within the country and abroad and the type of mixing that people are doing.  Indoors, including “staying at home”, being far worse than outdoors.

Have you got a link that shows this ? I would also be interested in one that compares how different countries have peaked in the previous flu seasons ? If they are roughly simultaneous seasons or big differences etc

As for Czecho, as I have said it is very interesting. Nothing really like you are stating

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Downside is, it could seriously weaken the immune system in the process, especially amongst the young if overused...

“Most parents think all germs are bad, that is not true. Most will just stimulate your immune system and make you stronger. Prof Gilbert says that parents can often over-sterilise environments for their children. When children are in the garden playing in mud for example, it’s not necessary to immediately sterilise their hands and worry that the mud may have got close to their faces.''

I'd go along with much of that but cleaning hands after visiting the lavatory should be treated as paramount. The number of people I witness leaving public toilets without washing their hands astounds me...before and during the pandemic!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

I'd go along with much of that but cleaning hands after visiting the lavatory should be treated as paramount. The number of people I witness leaving public toilets without washing their hands astounds me...before and during the pandemic!

I try to avoid public toilets tbh, they are some of the scariest places on Earth...

19 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

You’re doing too much “witnessing”, Steve.  :D

• Haha 2

Must change my cap to....

MAKE. FLU. GREAT.  AGAIN. 

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Shrub said:

Yes, but the point being discussed was manufacturers of vaccines,  not suppliers of equipment. Read the posts again by me and RuffDiamond,  then the Third Man.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Haha 3