British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 minute ago, proud panther said:

It's all about opinions, but I think the vaccine is the main reason that deaths have reduced. 

Ok :t:

Posted (edited)

Seems Sweden is well up for a vaccine passport.

Tell us: How do you feel about Sweden's plans for a vaccine pass? - The Local

'Sweden has pledged to offer a digital vaccine pass in time for summer

Since Sweden's announcement the European Commission has laid out plans for an EU wide vaccine pass'

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

The UK is now officially Narnia...:rofl:

Surely it could blow in as easily as blow out....

Plus hasn't it been denied as being significantly airborne until now.....

Perhaps as we are soon too be released the airborne option needs to be in the control bag....

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Surely it could blow in as easily as blow out....

Plus hasn't it been denied as being significantly airborne until now.....

Perhaps as we are soon too be released the airborne option needs to be in the control bag....

And some expert is now recommending that joggers wear masks because passers by might inhale their panting breath!  :rolleyes:

Frankly, if passers by are that obsessive they shouldn’t go into a public place.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DC2 said:

You should have gone to Brainsavers.  :rofl:

Already got mine. Is yours just on order :D

Can't deny the content but. :t: 

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

Return of the dullard. :D

And spoken like a true one.

• Haha 2

Just now, Tsunami said:

And spoken like a true one.

Might have guessed you’d be jealous of someone else being called a dullard.  :D

Go on, Tsunami, tell us again that the weekly ONS estimates are cumulative and that Covid isn’t seasonal.  :rofl:

6 hours ago, DC2 said:

Apparently February’s decrease in Covid deaths is due to the January lockdown.

But December’s increase in deaths isn’t due to the November lockdown!

The difference is vaccines and the waning season.

As you already know , the sudden rise was due to the new strain taking its hold. Was said at the time and commented on in all commentaries and was even mentioned in other countries that have it as well as the UK. You can't be that blind or deaf enough to not be aware of the virus's intervention which is still being chased in hotspots.

Is all the world wrong, except for the DC2 Brains Trust.

I would recommend you watch an hours documentary that was on Horizon a couple of days ago. You would be blown out of the water with Facts, Facts and more Facts. You weren't mentioned once. :D 

• Like 1

It  i s very possible that DC2 is quite a nice person away from this forum, same is also likely about fellow travelers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, proud panther said:

It's all about opinions, but I think the vaccine is the main reason that deaths have reduced. 

Yes, it is about opinions and impressions but opinions are not necessarily proof. There are a multitude of factors involved, including hospitals getting better at treating the condition, and wider availability  of PPE, but it is extremely difficult, if not impossible , to determine what effect each individual factor has on the overall picture. I see you have now modified your opinion to say the vaccine is the main reason, which could possibly be correct but that is a long way from saying, as you originally did ,that it is nothing at all to do with the lockdown :-

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

Deaths are going down because we have a vaccine, & the weather is improving. Nothing to do with lockdown.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

As you already know , the sudden rise was due to the new strain taking its hold. Was said at the time and commented on in all commentaries and was even mentioned in other countries that have it as well as the UK. You can't be that blind or deaf enough to not be aware of the virus's intervention which is still being chased in hotspots.

Is all the world wrong, except for the DC2 Brains Trust.

I would recommend you watch an hours documentary that was on Horizon a couple of days ago. You would be blown out of the water with Facts, Facts and more Facts. You weren't mentioned once. :D 

You mean the documentary that was presented by the twin brothers who are doctors? If so it said near the end of the programme in the worst case scenario we had to reach 97% herd immunity to be safe and herd immunity was achieved through vaccines with no mention of achieving immunity by contracting and recovering from Covid or of T cell immunity. It did contain lots of interesting facts but only one interpretation of them.     

Edited by Shrub
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Vince said:

Obviously we should listen to the experts - take your pick which ones!

Brazil variant may spread more easily and could evade immune system, scientists find (msn.com)

Vaccine expert explains why we should calm down a bit about new variants of Covid (msn.com)

Must admit I'd struggle to calm down any more about new variants since I've never believed that viruses do anything other than continuously mutate, just need somebody to tell the government.

Virus's naturally mutate, they all do. Our yearly flu jabs are only a guess of what it will be when it hits us in the autumn/winter, but it can be predicted so not so much a guess more an estimate. When the new COVID ones are first discovered, some scientists naturally fear the worst, but when patterns and effects are analysed by analysts they know more and are in a position to tell if the current virus will still work or identify what would need to be tweaked in the vaccine to accommodate the new strain. I would recommend viewing at programme that was on a couple of days ago on Horizon which explained perfectly the science behind the new strain, the vaccine assessment, the severity of it and the tracking techniques to identify and eliminate it. Two people can catch the new strain, but it can mutate according to each person, so the solution is only similar not the same. I just wish the DC2 Brains Trust on here would watch it, and educate themselves, instead of inventing the knowledge that they spout. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, proud panther said:

Deaths are going down because we have a vaccine, & the weather is improving. Nothing to do with lockdown.

Bollocks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

It  i s very possible that DC2 is quite a nice person away from this forum, same is also likely about fellow travelers

99% on here are ok if you don’t take it too seriously. There are only about 3 or 4 complete W.Anchors and I wouldn’t put either DC2 or Tsunami in that bracket.

16 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

As you already know , the sudden rise was due to the new strain taking its hold. 

How can you be sure that the rise in deaths was due to the new strain?

What channel was Horizon on?