British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

6 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Let’s have a Winter lockdown every year, from late November to early March, close schools , shut businesses, print money . 
You know it makes (no)sense. 

What,,, why not just hibernate like bears and squirrels and stuff?,,, pretty sure there would be plenty up for that idea.

Not on the BBC...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Vince said:

Fall in Covid deaths ahead of estimates as calls for quicker lockdown easing grow (msn.com)

Seems reasonable if we are following the data to expect restrictions to be lifted earlier if the figures support that rather than just allow for later lifting if the figures support that. Seems like the R rate has gone the same way as 'flattening the curve' and 'not over running the NHS' as another lockdown reason that no longer exists. We are now onto cases irrespective of whether they have symptoms and still apparently don't know if asymptomatic cases spread the virus or to what degree if they do. I say apparently because I cannot imagine that nobody knows just that nobody wants to tell the plebs who pay their wages.

Still think governments everywhere will be very reluctant to give up the extraordinary powers the public have allowed them in the past year.

It is known that asymptomatic cases can spread the virus . What is not clear is whether vaccination prevents transmission of the virus. That being the case it seems to me to be reasonable to take the fail safe position and assume vaccinations do not prevent transmission until we know otherwise especially as we are likely to know the answer in the fairly near future.

As for the conspiracy theory that governments everywhere want more powers, the problem I have with that is that firstly it would mean not just the governments but also collusion by all the opposition parties, and investigative journalists. The second problem I have with it , is that once any conspiracy involving more than a small handful of people invariably leaks out. The third problem I have with it is that governments in general find mostly beyond their ability to organise anything legitimately on a large scale , so I find it difficult to see how they could do it in a clandestine way. Both Blair and May though they could get away with by passing parliamentary scrutiny and both got caught out.

• Like 7

Also in my opinion (only), whilst we are in lockdown it focuses the population on having the vaccine,  if we come out earlier I can see the younger generation not bothering as it's all over.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

It is known that asymptomatic cases can spread the virus . What is not clear is whether vaccination prevents transmission of the virus. That being the case it seems to me to be reasonable to take the fail safe position and assume vaccinations do not prevent transmission until we know otherwise especially as we are likely to know the answer in the fairly near future.

As for the conspiracy theory that governments everywhere want more powers, the problem I have with that is that firstly it would mean not just the governments but also collusion by all the opposition parties, and investigative journalists. The second problem I have with it , is that once any conspiracy involving more than a small handful of people invariably leaks out. The third problem I have with it is that governments in general find mostly beyond their ability to organise anything legitimately on a large scale , so I find it difficult to see how they could do it in a clandestine way. Both Blair and May though they could get away with by passing parliamentary scrutiny and both got caught out.

If the vaccine doesnt stop you getting the virus and doesnt stop you spreading it then it could be argued what does it do?

Of course it will be said that it reduces the severity of symptoms, need for hospital care and deaths. For 95% of the population however those issues are irrelevant ....

Indeed if someone would normally have mild symptoms then having the vaccine from the description of impact may well make them asymptomatic and therefore less easy to prevent transmission ....

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I might if the audience was open minded and not on their high horse as usual.

Can you explain why the most popular tool to fight the spread of the virus for nearly all foreign governments is Lockdown. If the virus is transmitted by person to person contact, it doesn't need an Einstein to suggest that by eliminating the contact the virus won't be so rapidly passed on and, together with the vaccine, a target of zero R is more than probable. End of virus.     

Just showing yourself up again.

We’ve had vaccines for flu for years but it keeps coming back.

Covid will too.  

But annual vaccines and appropriate measures to protect the vulnerable will keep it to an acceptable level.

None of that includes ridiculous lockdowns, the ineffective, but disastrously destructive hammer to crack a nut.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

You lost me with your first sentence, which is disputed.

And the second sentence is irrelevant if vaccines prevent the worst effects of Covid, making it no more a threat to daily life than flu.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Badge said:

Also in my opinion (only), whilst we are in lockdown it focuses the population on having the vaccine,  if we come out earlier I can see the younger generation not bothering as it's all over.

Theories about the behaviour of a minority are no reason to prevent the majority of the population from enjoying a normal life.

28 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Theories about the behaviour of a minority are no reason to prevent the majority of the population from enjoying a normal life.

Sadly DC your view of people is obviously different to mine,  as it seems to me that everything has to be geared to the lowest common denominator,  as common sense is found lacking. 

To set the record straight I've had it up to here with this malarkey and can't wait to have some semblance of freedom back. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well had my jab yesterday...woke up at 1-00am and couldn't get back to sleep feeling shivery. Suffering with a headache but other than that fine! :t:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Well had my jab yesterday...woke up at 1-00am and couldn't get back to sleep feeling shivery. Suffering with a headache but other than that fine! :t:

No worries Steve, we'll get nurse Gladys Emmanuel to come and give you some special treatment. You'll be well rested after that and pain free, but exhausted  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Several people I know have had a similar reaction,  hang in there it's only temporary 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Oxford Astra Zenica ? I had that, shivery in the evening and headache. Took Paracetamol and rested for 24 hrs, all fine afterwards.

• Like 2