British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

4 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

The question being who would control the 'real food supply?'

No one connected to Microsoft or big pharma for starters....:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tim G said:

They are now saying that over 50% of the over eighties have admitted to breaking the rules since they have had the vaccine.

Most of the over 80's will now have had both jabs, so they are not really a risk, or at risk. Anyway what the hell are over 80's going to get upto that will threaten the safety of others, except driving of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Most of the over 80's will now have had both jabs, so they are not really a risk, or at risk. Anyway what the hell are over 80's going to get upto that will threaten the safety of others, except driving of course.

Not the point. The lockdown was principally to protect them (whether you agreed with it or not) and most of the population followed the rules so it is incumbent upon the over 80s to follow the rules now. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

But they are a risk.

Even when you’ve had the vaccine you can still contract the virus and pass it on.

Which is the same risk that the over 80s moan about from young people!

10 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Not the point. The lockdown was principally to protect them (whether you agreed with it or not) and most of the population followed the rules so it is incumbent upon the over 80s to follow the rules now. 

I don't disagree with that, but they are not exactly in the league of what the young and middle age can, and do, get upto. Most are in their later life and harmless.

On 7/14/2020 at 5:16 PM, Badge said:

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I assume Iris lives in Sweden now, since he became the PR man for Expressen?  :D

Meanwhile, in Germany:

they have now approved the AZ vaccine for the over 65s, and

“From Monday up to five people from two households will be allowed to meet, with children under 14 exempt.  And

Some shops will reopen provided that regional case numbers are below 50 per 100,000 people.” BBC

You obviously don't read properly. Haven't quoted Expressen for age. Aftonbladet is the new source of all the info :blink:

Yes, in a lot of countries they are opening up again. Unlike Sweden, which is having to bring in more and more stricter measures

All depends of the region in Germany. Schleswig- Holstein (which luckily enough is 10 minutes away from my place :D) will open all shops from Monday, with a limit according to how big they are......Hamburg is remaining cautious and not too happy with the behaviour of their neighbours in S-H. Zoos opened this week in S-H and of course Hamburg has school holidays, so the S-H zoos were full of peple from Hamburg. Just as they expect the shops will be next week

Just now, Lioness said:
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:16 PM, Badge said:

Smartest thing you have said for a while :D

• Haha 2

Sorry re last post Badge, my computer has gone weird (yeah I know, in good company!)

Anyhow not to badge but in general what I was trying to post is people think vaccines stop you getting something. They dont. They give you the immunity cells needed to fight it so you are far less affected by it (in principle).  Exactly the same reason you can get the flu (all be it less seriously than it would have been )  after the flu jab

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I agree and am actually happy now to visit my parents house due to them having the vaccine.

But in reality these were the people we went into lockdown to save so why is the roadmap out so slow as they are now safe?

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Tim G said:

But in reality these were the people we went into lockdown to save so why is the roadmap out so slow as they are now safe?

The argument will be that there's still a significant risk to the over-50s, and then when they're done it'll be to protect the vulnerable people over 35, and so on... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Today’s UK Hospital Covid 19 reported deaths

England    184     83917

Scotland    24  (7398)

Wales  13    (5366)

NI    3  (2066)

Total  224     - last  Thursday 311

All UK Covid 19 deaths reported today- Hospital 224  other    18    total   242 (last Thursday 323)

1st dose vaccinations  20.9 M

2nd dose  963,000

Last 22  weeks DAILY 7 DAY AVE all UK HOSPITAL AND OTHER   Covid 19 reported deaths( taken from the daily figures i quote

W/E October 4th  43  other 9 total 52

W/E October 11th 58 other 10 total 68

W/E October 18th 82  other  35 total 117

W/E October 25th 149   other  30  total  179

W/E November 1st 214  other 46 total 260

W/E November 8th 272 other  60    total 332

W/E November 15th 331 other   80    total   413

W/E November 22nd  355  other   87       total  442

W/E November 29th  357 other 103    total  460

W/E December 6th  345  other  84        total 429

W/E December 13th  332  other  88    total  420 

W/E December 20th  369 other    93    total  462

W/E December 27th 392  other   82       total  474

W/E January 3rd  478   other  126      total  604

W/E January 10th 712  other   197    total  909

W/E January 17th  876   other    243    total  1119

W/E January 24th  899   other  341      total  1240

W/E January  31st  871  other   303      total 1174

W/E February 7th  692   other    209      total  901

W/E February 14th  514  other   158       total   672

W/E February 21st   401  other   87    total  488

W/E February 28th  304    other   20      total  324

This week(Mon/Thur)   231    other  20      total   251

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I don't disagree with that, but they are not exactly in the league of what the young and middle age can, and do, get upto. Most are in their later life and harmless.

Do you want to tell my 93 year old mum in law that? She’s been out more in the last few weeks than I have in a year. 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

The argument will be that there's still a significant risk to the over-50s, and then when they're done it'll be to protect the vulnerable people over 35, and so on... 

And then we’ll all be locked up to protect those who choose not to have the vaccine.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1