British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

10 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Do you want to tell my 93 year old mum in law that? She’s been out more in the last few weeks than I have in a year. 

Presumably with Tsunami in her sidecar?  :D

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Presumably with Tsunami in her sidecar?  :D

Arthur and Olive from the classic comedy On the Buses...

• Haha 1

Just now, Dietbowers said:

Arthur and Olive from the classic comedy On the Buses...

Nah, Tsunami’s more like a miserable Blakey.  :D

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

The argument will be that there's still a significant risk to the over-50s, and then when they're done it'll be to protect the vulnerable people over 35, and so on... 

That sounds about right. The way it is going we will be in lockdown to protect the unborn babies!!

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

That may be true, but continuing to do something ineffective because 'something must be done' should not go without challenge, especially from the media and opposition parties. It's really quite pathetic how meek and unquestioning these institutions have been. 

They are weak and unquestioning because they don’t live in the real world. Most of country’s institutions from the Monarchy to the  Boy Scout , seem to be past their sell by date and nothing has come along to replace the stability they once provided, deservedly or not. 
The Great British Public are part of the problem, seduced by celebrity culture and materialism and unable to see beyond the end of their collective nose. Solzhenitsyn was right in many respects.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

So, what’s your point?

Most of those people in all likelihood are still going to the supermarket and still working, many in the frontline services.

It would be a matter for anyone who is concerned about their health to go to their doctor, and then if diagnosed with a qualifying condition to take quarantine if they so wish.

The point was in the six questions I asked a couple of pages back which nobody has been able to answer.

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

I know loads of over 65s who have broken the rules but blamed young people for “far worse” breaches.

In fact I could walk to the park now and overhear them moaning to each other on the park benches. :D

• According to LBC earlier, a survey suggests that two in every five over 18’s that caught Covid had broken the rules. That’s assuming we believe surveys , anymore than we believe anecdotal evidence that over 65’s sit out on park benches at this time of year in the mud and the freezing cold and the pee-ing down with rain moaning about young people breaking the rules, when they could be indoors watching Sky Sport and moaning about the cricket and rugby with a bottle Mackesons :)

6 minutes ago, E I Addio said:
  • According to LBC earlier, a survey suggests that two in every five over 18’s that caught Covid had broken the rules. That’s assuming we believe surveys , anymore than we believe anecdotal evidence that over 65’s sit out on park benches at this time of year in the mud and the freezing cold and the pee-ing down with rain moaning about young people breaking the rules, when they could be indoors watching Sky Sport and moaning about the cricket and rugby with a bottle Mackesons :)

We had two sunny days this week and there’s no mud around our benches, just old folks doing the moaning conga.  :D

18 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

The point was in the six questions I asked a couple of pages back which nobody has been able to answer.

We answered them rather easily. :)

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

We had two sunny days this week and there’s no mud around our benches, just old folks doing the moaning conga.  :D

Could you provide a source for that. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

They won't be watching the cricket on Sky Sports at the moment,... :D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Could you provide a source for that. 

A source for old folks who moan?

Why, yes,

Tsunami.  :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The pathetic propaganda is relentless, back under the kitchen table for the covid cult...:rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1