British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Vaccination?

Funny that because Tsunami, the media and the government have been telling us it’s down to lockdowns.  :D

You are starting to lose the plot. Yes, vaccination has been the most effective way to reduce deaths, but added to the great contribution from those not dying due to Lockdown. Without the vaccine, the main tool to use was to keep the population apart to prevent the spread of the virus. Without it the deaths level would have been higher and there wouldn't have been the dips in deaths levels seen during the period of Lockdown. If we had had the vaccine from day one, the deaths could have been in 4 figures and we, and nearly all other countries, would not have used Lockdown.

I can see we can't teach stupid, but I'd rather follow the example of the worlds best medics, rather than follow a little group of anti people ill-informed and argumentative on a forum devoted to something else.:D

• Haha 1

Acute respiratory infection attendances at A&E are almost as low as in mid summer now...

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

As i said they work in the short term, but they are not a long term solution as we keep having to have them

The only way they will work is if we never come out of them, and obviously that is not an option, so we should have been looking for a long term solution during the first lockdown

We didnt do this and so we just keep going in and out of some measures, to everyones detrement

so as a way of fighting the infection, they do not work

I am not sure if they were ever intended to be long term solution. The expression I kept hearing was circuit breaker from which I assumed the purpose was to get the r number down a bit and try to get the thing back under control to give some breathing space until track and trace was up and running properly, although it seems it never was running properly. 

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

...I suffered with a headache. Is that covered in there somewhere?

What about hangovers ?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Only if you reported it...

Thereby lies the crux!

11 minutes ago, dave69 said:

What about hangovers ?

People being out and heavy drinking in todays situation, serves themselves right if they get hangovers, or worse. :rolleyes:

Bit late to the party here, but what age groups does that cover:unsure: I wasn't aware we had started vaccinating under 50's, probably wrong as usual :rolleyes:, but 4 spontaneous abortions :o

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

People being out and heavy drinking in todays situation, serves themselves right if they get hangovers, or worse. :rolleyes:

What's worse?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Inflated by medics, making the published deaths much higher and creating alarm, but the government having to justify and be responsible for the inflation. The inflation makes our death rates and totals worse, so why would the government want to have an unfair and not consistant number of deaths that they will be taken to task for. Unless, like you, you believe they are bogymen trying to shock and control the population. Nurse, nurse.:D

You tell me the government aren't inflating the deaths, if you think they aren't, explain what this statement we get every day means, especially the highlighted part

Deaths from any cause within 28 days of testing positive for Covid 19

So how is that not inflating the number of deaths?

Think you need to reconsider who needs the nurse

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

You tell me the government aren't inflating the deaths, if you think they aren't, explain what this statement we get every day means, especially the highlighted part

Deaths from any cause within 28 days of testing positive for Covid 19

So how is that not inflating the number of deaths?

Think you need to reconsider who needs the nurse

It has already been said in the papers and Tv news items, that  some Doctors have widened the advice and put COVID on the death certificate, which is NOT in line with the full definition. Why do think there is going to be an inquiry. :(

I welcome the inquiry. 

Edited by Tsunami

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

And natural herd immunity amongst the fit and healthy is never mentioned anymore, maybe it's been binned along with that horrid word 'seasonal'...

Spot on.

As many as 20 million in the UK have had Covid, about the same amount as vaccinated.

12 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What's worse?

Plenty. When you are drunk it knows no bounds, unless of course YOU are teetotal which I doubt.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Spot on.

As many as 20 million in the UK have had Covid, about the same amount as vaccinated.

That will be the 'herd' that is not proven will happen, and which Crumpet quoted many months ago. :cry:

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Well you and Proud Panther have been telling us it is due to the good weather :D

Errr no.

I’ve said it’s down to vaccinations, millions with antibodies and the waning season.

I predicted that in November, just as I did the Winter season in the Summer while the government sat on its hands and did nothing to prepare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Well you and Proud Panther have been telling us it is due to the good weather :D

What good weather, freezing cold here comrade. Had to de-ice the windscreen again this morning...:neutral: