British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

42 minutes ago, orion said:

Its all good saying that .. but it wont stop people and you are not  going to able to  police it . Waste of time 

So the lock down will continue, businesses suffer, schools stayed closed, NHS staff continue to be overworked and the vulnerable people continue to be put at risk. 

What a selfish society we are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, screm said:

So the lock down will continue, businesses suffer, schools stayed closed, NHS staff continue to be overworked and the vulnerable people continue to be put at risk. 

It's those with this attitude that forced the lockdown upon us well before the government wanted it. They've done more damage than a bloke lying in the park.

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, daily new cases COVID-19: UK v Sweden. (01/03-04/04)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, screm said:

I agree with your first sentence, but the cause lies squarely with the government. They instigated all the measures of which you rightly complain. 

Meanwhile I see our CMO has been over to Fife to stay overnight in her holiday home. Police spoke to her.....and she apologised. Makes her TV advice somewhat hypocritical. Hope the police extend the non fine courtesy to all of us. 

• Like 1

WTF !   Hancock!

Health secretary bans outdoor exercise......who would believe it. Lunatics out the asylum and leading the country. 
Who the hell voted for these clowns........Oops!  I plead guilty.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, screm said:

Well yea .  But trying to  stop people doing exercise will be pretty pointless imo

5 minutes ago, orion said:

Well yea .  But trying to  stop people doing exercise will be pretty pointless imo

Agree, people won’t put up with that...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

WTF !   Hancock!

Health secretary bans outdoor exercise......who would believe it. Lunatics out the asylum and leading the country. 

I posted earlier that Hancock is waffling, they need to get someone that people can believe in 

• Like 2

708 UK death figure yesterday, down to 621 today?

Including 555 in England, only 29 (5.2%) with no health problems.

401 total for Sweden and 245 for Norway/Denmark, a ratio of 1.64:1.

Portugal, same population as Sweden, 295, a ratio of 1.34:1.

Edited by DC2

20 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

It's getting to the point that people should just start sticking two fingers up to this ever increasing idiocy and the economic destruction being wreaked. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

WTF !   Hancock!

He hasn't banned it. All he has said is if people continue to ignore the rules on social distancing then it is an option.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035

Edited by bendover
Link
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, screm said:

I'm sure it will continue.

In the meantime how many NHS staff are being overworked? In our local hospital the A&E is quieter than it's been in years, with all the non urgent operations being postponed there are double the amount of staff on night shift to do half the amount of work. Of course IF there is a massive increase and it needs to be huge to fill the available space then they will be hard pressed. However so far their numbers predictions are in the region of 25% of the cases planned for. I'm sure there are other hospitals already struggling but there is capacity available lo take some of the workload elsewhere.

All along the medical advice was that schools didn't need to be closed and that it would be of minimal benefit to controlling the virus.

Vulnerable people continue to be put at risk without a doubt. That's why all available resources should be targeted towards them and not to stopping Steve sitting all on his own fishing or somebody putting their dog in the car and going somewhere quiet rather than walk around already overcrowded streets.

Some are very selfish, most are just applying common sense and doing the social distancing thing without the paranoid excess.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bendover said:

He hasn't banned it. All he has said is if people continue to ignore the rules on social distancing then it is an option.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035

Yes I see that, however given his track record of half truths and projecting blame, for a health minister to even contemplate banning outdoor exercise, is staggering and reflects his lack of understanding of the number one health hazard facing the UK in the next decade......obesity ...and its input to diabetes, CHD and cancer. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

It's getting to the point that people should just start sticking two fingers up to this ever increasing idiocy and the economic destruction being wreaked. 

Well okay that's a metaphor but what are you suggesting people do?

• Like 2