Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Well okay that's a metaphor but what are you suggesting people do?

Follow the lead of the CMO,  go where you want, social distance and apologise if plod intervenes....then do it again the following week.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, bendover said:

He hasn't banned it. All he has said is if people continue to ignore the rules on social distancing then it is an option.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52172035

Yet... but as has been the case all along, eventually they will bow to the pressure of social media.

Like I said before the lockdown, every time social media achieves something, they quickly move onto an even more draconian measure to support and the lap dogs literally lap it up. 

The vast majority of folks are still operating under the belief that this virus is 10 x more contagious and 10 x more deadly. Facts, numbers, figures, mean nothing. They're indoctrinated with that belief.

All exercise will be banned soon, I have no doubts about it... and I have no doubts that we will see another surge in cases... and then deaths... should it happen.

How much further will they then go? I dread to think.

The question none of these indoctrinated social media mob stop to think is... who is actually controlling them, setting the agenda.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

But the problem is people aren't respecting the need to distance themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, bendover said:

But the problem is people aren't respecting the need to distance themselves.

Yet all the photos that I have seen show that they are....

Edited by BWitcher

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

Yet all the photos that I have seen show that they are....

You're basing your argument on what you've seen, so am I. I live just outside a market town and we are still getting people visiting the area. The local kids are still meeting up in groups at the market barn and skate park. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, bendover said:

You're basing your argument on what you've seen, so am I. I live just outside a market town and we are still getting people visiting the area. The local kids are still meeting up in groups at the market barn and skate park. 

Then that is what the Police should be dealing with, not setting up roadblocks to catch poor old Doris taking her dog to the park for a walk!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, bendover said:

You're basing your argument on what you've seen, so am I. I live just outside a market town and we are still getting people visiting the area. The local kids are still meeting up in groups at the market barn and skate park. 

And there isn't an outcry about the local kids.

The media driven outcry is about people sunbathing in a park in London

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Yet all the photos that I have seen show that they are....

But in a lot of cases that's only because fortunately there's few enough people around them to allow that to happen because others are staying at home as advised.

A few people being called out for sunbathing on the beach. Doing no harm because no one else is near them but if everyone did the same as them the beach is packed. Same goes for other public spaces.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, AFCB Wildcat said:

But in a lot of cases that's only because fortunately there's few enough people around them to allow that to happen because others are staying at home as advised.

A few people being called out for sunbathing on the beach. Doing no harm because no one else is near them but if everyone did the same as them the beach is packed. Same goes for other public spaces.

 

Refer to my earlier post about the indoctrinated.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, bendover said:

You're basing your argument on what you've seen, so am I. I live just outside a market town and we are still getting people visiting the area. The local kids are still meeting up in groups at the market barn and skate park. 


Have the Covid cases in your local hospital spiked as a result?
 

What they’re doing is probably only a risk if they live with old people or those with breathing or immunology issues.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

And there isn't an outcry about the local kids.

The media driven outcry is about people sunbathing in a park in London

Parks plural.  Brockwell was barely mentioned until the closure was announced.

Plenty were kicking off about Battersea and hackney marshes already to name just two

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

I've had to give up my fishing for the interim altough it's a totally isolating activity...

Over here, fishing is actually recommended as an activity. As long as you maintain the social distancing, it's perfectly okay.

One thing does surprise me, though. They are keeping parks open as they are good places for people to exercise, or just to go outdoors and stay isolated. However, cemeteries are closed. If I want a quiet walk (I'm not into exercising - I get all the exercise I need walking to and from the buffet), and keep away from people, cemeteries are the perfect place to go.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Follow the lead of the CMO,  go where you want, social distance and apologise if plod intervenes....then do it again the following week.

do what i say not what i do. total arrogance.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy