Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

Former Minister Alan Duncan on Johnson when he, Johnson, was Foreign Secretary and Duncan was his #2 :

'He has a self-deluding, mock romantic passion which is not rooted in realism. He is disloyal. His comedy routine has gone stale, he lacks seriousness in a serious job. He seems to have embarked on a reckless journey into oblivion.

He is a clown, a self centred ego, an embarrassing buffoon, an untidy mind with sub-zero judgement. He is a stain on our reputation. He is a lonely, selfish, ill-disciplined, shambolic, shameless, clot'.

Not difficult to understand how we're in the mess we are now. The ideal useful idiot for the forces that are driving the agenda:rolleyes:

Alan Duncan. Multi millionaire.  Failed leadership contender . Bitter Remainer. Nominated T. May for leader, and led her leadership campaign, now tells us he can’t stand her, and that she’s wooden and all the rest of it.  Now indulges in mud slinging against former colleagues, for a large wedge from the Mail. And he calls other people disloyal. 

Johnson May or may not have been some or all of the things Alan Haw-Haw says but unsurprisingly he was considered the only option in the 2019 Beauty Parade which is unsurprising when you consider that the only other realistic contender seemed to think it was actually a Worzel Gummidge Lookalike competition. 

Johnson , However, for all his failings can still lay claim to being London’s most successful Mayor, which admittedly might not say much for the other two .

But that’s the political class for you. People still think things will be different, one more push and somehow it will all be better after the next election.It won’t . Get used to it.

 

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Alan Duncan. Multi millionaire.  Failed leadership contender . Bitter Remainer. Nominated T. May for leader, and led her leadership campaign, now tells us he can’t stand her, and that she’s wooden and all the rest of it.  Now indulges in mud slinging against former colleagues, for a large wedge from the Mail. And he calls other people disloyal. 

Johnson May or may not have been some or all of the things Alan Haw-Haw says but unsurprisingly he was considered the only option in the 2019 Beauty Parade which is unsurprising when you consider that the only other realistic contender seemed to think it was actually a Worzel Gummidge Lookalike competition. 

Johnson , However, for all his failings can still lay claim to being London’s most successful Mayor, which admittedly might not say much for the other two .

But that’s the political class for you. People still think things will be different, one more push and somehow it will all be better after the next election.It won’t . Get used to it.

 

No any longer.

I've woken up.

Share this post


Link to post

Obviously the EU took a longer more cautious approach before authorising the vaccine months ago then declaring it safe a couple of weeks ago. 

The delay and subsequent activities of the EU in trying to make sure they got more doses of the Astra vavccine were nothing to do with a drawn out political process or trying to get a better price. 

The EU vaccine rollout has been a politically motivated disaster and no amount of flannel can disguise it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm no fan of Boris but at the end of the day whether it was Conservative, Labour, Liberal or some mythical coalition of all available parties in power would have made almost no difference to the reaction to Covid given that a minimal number of politicians have seriously argued for anything very different.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Except that the only under 30s who have had it presumably did so because they were in a higher risk group, whether themselves or caring for others.

You have to bear in mind that whilst only a small number of people may have died from blood clotting, the AZ vaccine hasn't yet been administered in substantial numbers to the under-30s. So we don't really know the scale of what the problem might be. 

The UK authorities clearly suspect an issue which is why they've suspended use, and you have to say it does seem suspicious that they'd already slowed down vaccinations claiming a shortage of AZ supplies, only to suddenly make this announcement just as the Moderna vaccine becomes available. The efficiacy would also seem to be a bit questionable, and is quite possibly why all the lockdown nonsense continues. 

I certainly don't inhabit the wacky world of the conspiracy theorists, but I do follow the science in preference to believing anything the UK government tells me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Nominated T. May for leader, and led her leadership campaign, now tells us he can’t stand her, and that she’s wooden and all the rest of it. 

Johnson , However, for all his failings can still lay claim to being London’s most successful Mayor, which admittedly might not say much for the other two .

There wasn't much choice for Tory leader at the time.

No serious politician wanted to touch Brexit with a bargepole, few in the party wanted to have the incompetent Boris or disloyal Gove in power, so May was a suitable patsy to have the Brexit clusters**k as their legacy. Doesn't mean that anyone liked her or didn't think she was wooden at the time, and frankly how many times have we all been disappointed by the new CEO at work...? :rolleyes:

It's also one thing to chair a parish council, but quite another to have the competence to run an entire country... 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

As always, you miss the point.

Well have another go at telling us only one politician has died of Covid.......

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Lots of common sense and support. Have you ever tried it. ?

I have never associated you with common sense to be honest, but your ability to be rude and snide is certainly right up there. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well have another go at telling us only one politician has died of Covid.......

One question about all of your links then :

How do you know they died of Covid-19?

Edited by Wolfsbane

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

One question about all of your links then :

How do you know they died of Covid-19?

Because it was reported, the same as your bloke. In fact it was reported your guy died from heart problems, but the opposition claimed it was Covid. Do you know for sure what it was, as for most other deaths you would probably question that......

Share this post


Link to post

Your daily reminder that there is no test for the Kung Flu. It's all smoke and mirrors to implement a Digital ID system...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Because it was reported, the same as your bloke. In fact it was reported your guy died from heart problems, but the opposition claimed it was Covid. Do you know for sure what it was, as for most other deaths you would probably question that......

:rofl:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

:rofl:

Exactly

Now tell me you was there and saw the medical obduction of the Tanzanian President 

Admit it. You saw something on the net saying he was the only politician who died of Covid and was convinced it must be true.... as ever :rofl:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy