British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

The BBC just claiming that if you are not sure about any reports or news on the virus you should look to a reliable source, wait for it, like the BBC  :rolleyes:

And the press conference they just missed most of on the BBC also said look at WHO for a reliable source lol

• Like 2

Only 24% of the worst cases test positive and yet the government wants feedback from “anyone who thinks they might have had Coronavirus” so they can decide future steps!

Daft.

23 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

As I've suggested previously I'm sure that there will be a post mortem carried after the crisis is over and many questions will be asked as how best did the Government and it's advisors act as regards implementing measures and how successful they were in restricting the spread of the virus.

I'm sure you're right Steve and it would be nice if they didn't have the opportunity to justify any failings by pointing the finger back at the public and saying that the Government advice had not been followed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I'm sure you're right Steve and it would be nice if they didn't have the opportunity to justify any failings by pointing the finger back at the public and saying that the Government advice had not been followed.

They always blame anyone but themselves. In business you should have to take the responsibility for your own decisions, although the blame game is rife in FTSE100 companies especially in the higher echelons.

I'm sure they'll start blaming other parties, us and austerity, though they've had ten years to sort the country and the economy out.

Must admit for the first time ever with this isolation I come in the vulnerable group and am using Mr Sainsburys' delivery service, it's cheaper than the petrol I would use going to the supermarket.

• Like 1

Looks promising if accurate..

The Sweden v Norway/Denmark ratio is now down to 1.61 from 1.68, but people are complaining that Sweden’s figures include “only those who have died from Covid”.

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Yet all the photos that I have seen show that they are....

Saw a picture on Facebook earlier and Great Yarmouth seafront and beach looked tidy busy, you ain't gonna stop it coz us Brits love the sun so people will keep wanting to get out and about, well a certain % will anyway.

16 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The Sweden v Norway/Denmark ratio is now down to 1.61 from 1.68, but people are complaining that Sweden’s figures include “only those who have died from Covid”.

Yes, 28 today in Sweden, 26 in Norway/Denmark.

21 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Saw a picture on Facebook earlier and Great Yarmouth seafront and beach looked tidy busy, you ain't gonna stop it coz us Brits love the sun so people will keep wanting to get out and about, well a certain % will anyway.

7 NHS workers have died so far, that’s seven too many. 

• Like 1

This is all getting very dangerous. The power of social media continues unabated. The government did not want to lockdown. They were forced into it by social media and the indoctrinated on there. Not content, the ante has been upped, they now want ALL outside exercise banned. The government will again be forced into it. That will only have one effect, increase the cases and the deaths as people become more susceptible, to not only covid-19 but all such viruses. Then what? Those driving the agenda on social media won't be content.. so what will be next? We could very quickly reach a point of "Shoot anyone with the virus.. for the greater good.. to save the planet" blah blah. People are so indoctrinated they will believe it and call for it if prompted.

Meanwhile, friend of mine on facebook, an ambulance driver. Very vocal again this morning about 'morons' going out, STAY AT HOME. This afternoon posts vid of three of them riding along on their bikes along a narrow track in the woods.

Utter hypocrisy!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, E I Addio said:

7 NHS workers have died so far, that’s seven too many. 

How many have died in previous years in the same time period?

• Like 3

5903 new cases in the locked down UK today.

387 in the not locked down Sweden.

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

How many have died in previous years in the same time period?

Excellent question, many people would be very surprised at the answer.

25 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Excellent question, many people would be very surprised at the answer.

Exactly. 

So many seem to be operating under the belief nobody dies normally.

Up until April 2nd there were STILL less deaths this year from respiratory diseases (includes flu, pneumonia, covid-19 etc) than the average for the previous five years at the same point.

The fact we had such a mild flu season has meant there are a lot for covid-19 to pick off. 

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2