British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

14 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

4000 Covid deaths in Brazil yesterday. No lockdown.

Just sayin ‘

And yet Brazil has done much better than the UK:

Brazil 1596 deaths per million

UK 1863 deaths per million

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

That is what you and Blu are reduced to, when asked a question.....this isn't one of your groups where everyone claps when someone posts. This is a debating forum :rolleyes:

It just hasn't registered with you has it?

• Haha 1

seems the goalposts are just being stretched on a weekly basis .. nothing dodgy though, obviously :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

The price of lying to your own people.

• Like 1

Government policy has just changed on allowing spectators at non elite events. Spectators were too be allowed to attend from April 12th but this has now been amended to May 17th.

You can still go to zoo’s, theme parks, car boot sales and food fairs safely but obviously a classic scramble is far too dangerous. 

35 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Government policy has just changed on allowing spectators at non elite events. Spectators were too be allowed to attend from April 12th but this has now been amended to May 17th.

You can still go to zoo’s, theme parks, car boot sales and food fairs safely but obviously a classic scramble is far too dangerous. 

my point exactly, despite the figures.

i'm going to ladies football that starts again on Sunday, no spectators allowed despite it being in a stadium. the league have said i can go as i'm club photographer, but not allowing spectators is ridiculous

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HUMPH will have none of that ... it's in the Daily Mail. Must be false...

Why would I have none of someone criticising the BoJo government for the greatest suspension of civil liberties ever, its telling of porkies, and endless kicking of the lockdown can down the road...?

It's becoming too much even for those that would normally unquestioningly vote for a blue horse... :rolleyes:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 3

Have we seen any analysis from the government about:

whether more effective measures in hospitals, such as Covid-only staff, would have reduced ICU admissions and fatalities, and will therefore be introduced before October?

whether building more hospitals (£800 million each) and staffing them would be a better use of money than the free for all lateral flow tests (£1 billion a week) in preparation for October?

how their “return to school” models fared against the actual low level of school and consequent infections and deaths, and therefore whether schools need ever be closed again?

Of course not.

• Like 8

The not fit for purpose testing industry is now worth hundreds of billions a year. Always follow the money...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some people get it...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Some people get it...

So the money's there,,, seems do be an expensive way to promote healthier living and, not be too reliant on the NHS,,, whose days may be numbered.