British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

10 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Powers of observation, old chap. Overweight biddy with kids out of control, wandering round like a stink in storm .Not difficult to spot.

A hope that not you're wife you're describing on her recent visit to Aldi?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Well let’s put it this way. I’ve probably got a better idea of where I caught it than you have of the percentages.

I almost certainly caught it from the Mrs. By a process of elimination we think it was almost certainly Aldi’s. Why ? Assuming a 5 day gestation period ( I know it’s not always that but seems to be mostly). Symptoms first became evident on 23rd or 24th December. Because of a combination of lockdown and our usual desire to avoid the loonies packing the shops in the build up to Christmas ( no doubt compounded by Shovlar scare stories of empty shelves)  we hadn’t been out of the house for over a week except for exercise except for the good lady’s Aldi’s trip and she had remarked at the time on some air head going against the direction of the arrows , no mask, no social distancing , so although we can’t say with total certainty that is by far the most likely possibility , Sherlock.:rolleyes:

Oh, I see what you mean, the E I Addio household is so popular that it received no visits over Christmas, no presents and no Christmas cards that might have had a speck of virus, and it is so thoroughly indoctrinated that the Mr and Mrs bought each other only a stock of the finest face masks, because, of course, they guarantee immortality, albeit in a Scrooge-like world.

:D

Meanwhile, Dickens, you can check out my stats from the government’s figures and published research.  :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Powers of observation, old chap. Overweight biddy with kids out of control, wandering round like a stink in storm .Not difficult to spot.

At least you had the good sense to send the wife shopping. :D

Ah, lockdown, there to protect us except when we go shopping.  :D

• Like 1

Lovely day to have a beer garden pint in Reading...:drink:

• Haha 1

Just now, Blupanther said:

At least the beer will be cold!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Oh, I see what you mean, the E I Addio household is so popular that it received no visits over Christmas, no presents and no Christmas cards that might have had a speck of virus, and it is so thoroughly indoctrinated that the Mr and Mrs bought each other only a stock of the finest face masks, because, of course, they guarantee immortality, albeit in a Scrooge-like world.

:D

Meanwhile, Dickens, you can check out my stats from the government’s figures and published research.  :rolleyes:

My wife spent Christmas Eve in bed, I spent Christmas Day in bed so not exactly visitors lining up to visit. .

Anyway , where Christmas is concerned I’m with Wolfsbane and Blu on the brainwashing theory. A plot to get you to spend money on more food than you can possibly eat, buy cards for people you don’t like, buying over priced  presents for people who dont want them , and bore yourself silly watching repeats of TV programmes you didn’t even like in the first place .Basically it’s a big commercial brain washing con when you think about it.  Peace on earth it ain’t. Peak time of year for divorces.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A hope that not you're wife you're describing on her recent visit to Aldi?

Glad you’re on the forum RD. you do give me a chuckle more than most. And you get the trim tab point .......:party:

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dj350z said:

Powers of observation?!!!!  Your description fits plenty of well do to do intelligent parents in my experience. Talk about stereotyping.........

Abosolutey. No doubt you are familiar with the expression “ All brains, no common sense” . Look no further than the BBC for the veracity of that expression. Stupidity is not confined to any particular class,  only the way it becomes evident.

33 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Obviously a set up but dopey or what?

59 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I consider myself open minded and enjoy reading both sides of the argument, but the word which immediately sprung to mind when I read that was hypochondria. 

The reaction to the vaccine is ridiculous. You are more likely to get blood clots from a long distance flight or from the Contraceptive Pill than from the vaccine.

How about nurofen? Who doesn't take nurofen if they have a headache. These are the possible side effects listed on Nurofen's own website.

• Constipation.
  • Indigestion or abdominal pain. Usually avoided by taking the medicine with food.
  • Nausea and vomiting.
  • Dry mouth.
  • Dizziness.
  • Sweating.
  • Itching.
  • Skin rash. Stop taking Nurofen plus and consult your doctor if you get a skin rash or sores inside your mouth while taking it.
  • Headache.
  • Hearing disturbances.
  • Difficulty passing urine.
  • Ulceration or bleeding in the stomach or intestine. If you experience any sign of bleeding from the stomach or bowels after taking Nurofen plus, such as vomiting blood and/or passing black/tarry/bloodstained stools, you should stop taking it and consult your doctor immediately.
  • Codeine can cause drowsiness, although at the dose in Nurofen plus this is very unlikely.
  • Dependence on the medicine if used regularly or for long periods of time (see above).
  • Hypersensitivity reactions such as narrowing of the airways (bronchospasm), swelling of the lips, throat and tongue (angioedema), itchy blistering rash or anaphylactic shock.
  • Kidney, liver or blood disorders.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Since when has it been snowing in Reading today? Another fake image.

7 minutes ago, Grachan said:

The reaction to the vaccine is ridiculous. You are more likely to get blood clots from a long distance flight or from the Contraceptive Pill than from the vaccine.

How about nurofen? Who doesn't take nurofen if they have a headache. These are the possible side effects listed on Nurofen's own website.

• Constipation.
  • Indigestion or abdominal pain. Usually avoided by taking the medicine with food.
  • Nausea and vomiting.
  • Dry mouth.
  • Dizziness.
  • Sweating.
  • Itching.
  • Skin rash. Stop taking Nurofen plus and consult your doctor if you get a skin rash or sores inside your mouth while taking it.
  • Headache.
  • Hearing disturbances.
  • Difficulty passing urine.
  • Ulceration or bleeding in the stomach or intestine. If you experience any sign of bleeding from the stomach or bowels after taking Nurofen plus, such as vomiting blood and/or passing black/tarry/bloodstained stools, you should stop taking it and consult your doctor immediately.
  • Codeine can cause drowsiness, although at the dose in Nurofen plus this is very unlikely.
  • Dependence on the medicine if used regularly or for long periods of time (see above).
  • Hypersensitivity reactions such as narrowing of the airways (bronchospasm), swelling of the lips, throat and tongue (angioedema), itchy blistering rash or anaphylactic shock.
  • Kidney, liver or blood disorders.

So, it even lists 'headache', so will its headache be worse than the one you already have?