British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Never underestimate the power of nightmares!!! ;)

Well the BBC will tell you that you'll get a £1000 fine for not having a licence, but if your savvy enough, you'll only pay for the days you forgot to 're-new', (but don't tell anyone). ;)

53 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Well said, as it's certainly not over yet, despite others on here insisting these new variants are just a drummed up frighteners associated with control of the public by the government.   

Next up, scaremongering with Dave Turbani.    :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Well said, as it's certainly not over yet, despite others on here insisting these new variants are just a drummed up frighteners associated with control of the public by the government.   

Too right mate,,, this won't even be over when we've turned the lights oot, it'll rumble on for years. ;)

30 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You said the Indian variant seems to be able to break through vaccines.

But I can’t find any evidence of that.

UK officials ‘anxious’ over spread of Indian variant, Johnson warns (msn.com)

From this article:-

'The government’s Scientific Advisory Group on Emergencies (Sage) was due to meet on Thursday to discuss the emerging evidence on both the transmissibility and vaccine resistance of the B.1.617 variant'.

Can't see any mention of this evidence other than that.

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

image.jpeg.0d8cbf289e09e9219c8c516e889d2436.jpeg

This was your best effort? Poor but predicable

57 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

It’s on the bbc app NOW under Why is the India variant causing concern in the UK.

b b c, haha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

the BBC being among the biggest scaremongers  

Yep, forget the various Covid figures that are flashed massive type, full frontal in our faces every day and instead just list the top three killers of that day and Covid, maybe something like:

Cancer 330

heart disease 330

dementia 330

Covid 10

• Like 3

A drinking mate of mine in the village has been rushed to hospital with the Indian Variant. He's fallen into a deep korma.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

A drinking mate of mine in the village has been rushed to hospital with the Indian Variant. He's fallen into a deep korma.

To be fair, I’m a dad too.  :D

• Haha 1

On sunday the Tunisian Government announced a week's lockdown in Tunis. On wednesday they announced the end of the lockdown as everyone was ignoring it:t:

This will be over when we, the people, say it's overB)

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Well said, as it's certainly not over yet, despite others on here insisting these new variants are just drummed up frighteners associated with control of the public by the government.   

'Oh look, they're giving us a shower'.

:cry:

7 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

One one of my mates was rushed to hospital after he fell into an upholstery machine  but his is now fully re-covered.

• Haha 1

It took a couple of months for sage to come to the conclusion that the vaccines given in the UK were effective against death and hospitalisation from covid. That is with unlimited access to all the facts and figures compiled in the way they wanted. 

Amazing how it's taken them a fraction of the time to judge the resistance of a new variant with a fraction of the information. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Vince said:

It took a couple of months for sage to come to the conclusion that the vaccines given in the UK were effective against death and hospitalisation from covid. That is with unlimited access to all the facts and figures compiled in the way they wanted. 

Amazing how it's taken them a fraction of the time to judge the resistance of a new variant with a fraction of the information. 

Amazing.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Better to be safe than sorry,,, that's what me naan always said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1