British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The Times of India reports reducing cases in India:

NEW DELHI: The Covid-19 crisis in India is far from over as the country continues to maintain a 7-day daily average of close to 3.5 lakh Covid cases.

However, the numbers from the last few days suggest that perhaps the worst of the second wave is behind us. 

For the last few days, the daily cases have been on a downward trend after touching an all-time high of over 4.14 lakh on May 6.

On Saturday, India's daily case count dipped to 3.26 lakh, its lowest in almost 17 days. The deaths stayed high at 3,890 but the tally fell below the 4,000-mark after three days.

Surely several of our expert posters were saying there is no Covid crisis in India- should we believe them or some rag of a newspaper ;)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DC2 said:

The Times of India reports reducing cases in India:

NEW DELHI: The Covid-19 crisis in India is far from over as the country continues to maintain a 7-day daily average of close to 3.5 lakh Covid cases.

However, the numbers from the last few days suggest that perhaps the worst of the second wave is behind us. 

For the last few days, the daily cases have been on a downward trend after touching an all-time high of over 4.14 lakh on May 6.

On Saturday, India's daily case count dipped to 3.26 lakh, its lowest in almost 17 days. The deaths stayed high at 3,890 but the tally fell below the 4,000-mark after three days.

It's all fake anyway, people are just dying for the tv cameras (per a BSF source)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Another day of miserable wet weather when millions of people who could be spending their money in our pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to keep them afloat will instead meet with friends and family quietly in private homes with no social distancing or ventilation. Well done, SAGE

39 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Surely several of our expert posters were saying there is no Covid crisis in India- should we believe them or some rag of a newspaper ;)

28 minutes ago, topsoil said:

It's all fake anyway, people are just dying for the tv cameras (per a BSF source)

There’s a bit of both of course.

No doubt there is Covid in India and no doubt the press has been reporting it in their own sensationalist and creative way.  Just like here!

It’s been one way traffic on the BBC and I’m surprised so many swallow it just as they’re told it, without question.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It’s been one way traffic on the BBC and I’m surprised so many swallow it just as they’re told it, without question.

Maybe folk have forgot how to think, cos thas just so much other stuff going on.

Plenty of evidence on here that some folk can't be asked to think for themselves, when a twatter group will do it for them B)

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

No doubt there is Covid in India and no doubt the press has been reporting it in their own sensationalist and creative way.  Just like here!

A bit like those who 'swallow it just as they're told' what they read on social media?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DC2 said:

It's not a case of just swallowing it though. You watch it, you make of it what you will. Then what? In my case I get on with my life as best I can. I've had a few beers in pub gardens, I've had a meal or two inside a pub (albeit with a non-alcoholic cider) and I've covered a couple of thousand miles just going for drives in the Morgan when the weather allows open-top motoring. What else do you want me to do? Join in demos? Moan on here? Spend all day trawling through the internet looking for something to slag the government about?

No thanks, I'd rather have a meal, a pint or go for a drive.

It's not a case of swallowing it, it's a case of not being in a position to do anything (meaningful) about it - like most of us.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 9

55 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

It's not a case of just swallowing it though. You watch it, you make of it what you will. Then what? In my case I get on with my life as best I can. I've had a few beers in pub gardens, I've had a meal or two inside a pub (albeit with a non-alcoholic cider) and I've covered a couple of thousand miles just going for drives in the Morgan when the weather allows open-top motoring. What else do you want me to do? Join in demos? Moan on here? Spend all day trawling through the internet looking for something to slag the government about?

It's not a case of swallowing it, it's a case of not being in a position to do anything (meaningful) about it - like most of us.

Just back from a drive in the Morgan.

What’ve all you keyboard warriors been up to?  :D

4c421f7697b2183d.jpg

1 hour ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

yep, just roll over and follow everything  the goverment machine  throws at you, in other words  youre brainwashed and cant be a..sed to   do f a 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, villageidiot said:

yep, just roll over and follow everything  the goverment machine  throws at you, in other words  youre brainwashed and cant be a..sed to   do f a 

So inform all of us brainwashed what have you been doing?

Going on marches? And that has achieved what exactly :unsure:

Not having the vaccine?,  that is your choice entirely nobody is forcing you to. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Yep! Something I used to constantly correct Bwitcher with! One may not agree with all that's gone on but there's little one can do about it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Yep! Something I used to constantly correct Bwitcher with! One may not agree with all that's gone on but there's little one can do about it.

It seems that the majority find it acceptable and, slowly might find a way to get back to the new old normal. Let's hope they keep jumping thru the extra hoops and don't give in trying. 

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 hours ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

Hmmm ...... there’s a difference between not doing anything about it and actually supporting the government and it’s every measure, like your “liking” lockdown luvvies.

You’ve supported lockdown at every turn despite your indignant objection to the contrary!

We’re still waiting for your first anti-lockdown post.   :D