jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

Reality check for the #covidcult ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DC2 said:

And I still haven’t.

That’s not the TV news!  Which, of course, is what carries the impact.

Imagine if the government’s daily press conferences had been just online print.

Few would accept that there is a pandemic and even fewer would follow the rules!  

And then look at the coverage: totally against the protesters, no estimate of numbers, no quotes or interviews from protesters, and comments only from the Home Secretary, the police and a government scientist.

Do you think that unbiased coverage?

The one I posted a link to was on BBC news. I think it was the occasion when the police had to retreat after coming under attack from rent-a-mob louts.

You must have been trawling the net when it was shown. I don't buy your 'if I don't remember it it wasn't on' line.

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow
  • Like 2

Buri Ram governor Thatchakorn Hatathathayakul has issued an order requiring everyone in the province to get vaccinated against COVID-19, or risk being fined or jailed for up to two years.

Violations carry a maximum of one month in prison and/or fines that could be as high as 20,000 baht, under the 2015 Communicable Disease Act. Those who actively refuse to get vaccinated may also be liable to a maximum of two years in prison and/or a fine up to 40,000 baht for breaching the emergency decree. 

Thailand- 9 deaths per 1 million. 

Buri Ram-  0 deaths, less than 50 positive tests.

52 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

The one I posted a link to was on BBC news. I think it was the occasion when the police had to retreat after coming under attack from rent-a-mob louts.

You must have been trawling the net when it was shown. I don't buy your 'if I don't remember it it wasn't on' line.

You think saying “I think it was” on and throwing in an insult proves your case?  :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Badge said:

Yet the Seychelles, the nation with the highest vaccination rate in the world has seen a rise in cases, 37% of which is in people who have had two vaccine jabs 

12 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

Yet the Seychelles, the nation with the highest vaccination rate in the world has seen a rise in cases, 37% of which is in people who have had two vaccine jabs 

How many “cases” do they have and how many deaths have they resulted in?

15 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

What this tells us about vaccines

To some, vaccinated people getting sick with Covid seems to suggest the vaccines aren't working. But local authorities, experts and the World Health Organization (WHO) say the Seychelles' experience is broadly in line with expectations.

Although both vaccines have been approved by the WHO, neither vaccine is 100% effective against Covid-19 -- AstraZeneca claims a 76% efficacy against symptomatic coronavirus disease and 100% efficacy against severe or critical disease or hospitalization, while Sinopharm has an efficacy rate of 79% against symptomatic coronavirus or hospitalization, according to data from a large multi-country Phase 3 trial.

Apparently Hancock has said today that 89 local authorities have the Indian variant.

Presumably within two weeks we should see the 991 hospitalisations go up to 2,000?

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

To some, vaccinated people getting sick with Covid seems to suggest the vaccines aren't working. But local authorities, experts and the World Health Organization (WHO) say the Seychelles' experience is broadly in line with expectations.

Although both vaccines have been approved by the WHO, neither vaccine is 100% effective against Covid-19 -- AstraZeneca claims a 76% efficacy against symptomatic coronavirus disease and 100% efficacy against severe or critical disease or hospitalization, while Sinopharm has an efficacy rate of 79% against symptomatic coronavirus or hospitalization, according to data from a large multi-country Phase 3 trial.

But what are the figures in the Seychelles?

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Reality check for the #covidcult ...

government say we must do better before we can be fully free

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

But what are the figures in the Seychelles?

Seychelles are using Sinopharm, I believe, which is the Chinese vaccine and though to to have about 50% efficacy.

There is far too much being made of case numbers. It should be about who needs hospitalisation or who loses their life as a result. If the vaccine prevents people being seriously ill then it is doing what it should be doing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

There is far too much being made of case numbers. It should be about who needs hospitalisation or who loses their life as a result.

you can't scaremonger with those figures though

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

you can't scaremonger with those figures though

I suspect very shortly the government will start counting

”pre-cases”

being the number of people behaving normally.  :D