British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

On 6/1/2021 at 1:27 PM, Vince said:

So what? he is entitled to express his opinion on a discussion forum and to be fair he does so with facts and figures to back his argument.

That has to be better use of a discussion forum than just slagging off other posters because you don't agree with them.

Agreed, but it's only the same 'argument' (I prefer opinion) time and time again.

The facts and figures he quotes always back up his opinion which is a one way street.  He refutes anything which counter argues his opinion even though they are also backed up by facts and figures...just because they don't fall in line with his agenda.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:32 AM, DC2 said:

May I just hazard a guess that vaccines have already changed that!  :rofl:

You misread what I posted.  Lockdowns remain all over the world currently, vaccines or not.  Therefore vaccines at the current time have changed nothng!

2 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

You misread what I posted.  Lockdowns remain all over the world currently, vaccines or not.  Therefore vaccines at the current time have changed nothng!

Vaccines have changed nothing?  

Thanks, Chris, that confirms what we’ve suspected all along!  :D

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Vaccines have changed nothing?  

Thanks, Chris, that confirms what we’ve suspected all along!  :D

Vaccines have CURRENTLY changed nothing with reference to Lockdowns!  Jeez, how many more times do I need to post it before you will accept that is factually correct?

13 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Vaccines have CURRENTLY changed nothing with reference to Lockdowns!  Jeez, how many more times do I need to post it before you will accept that is factually correct?

So why have we got a roadmap for release from lockdown?

Are you saying vaccines have played no part in that?

16 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

On the assumption that vaccines have been effective in the reducing the spread of the virus, then they have changed things with regard to lockdowns which would/could have been far tighter and more widespread than they currently are.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So why have we got a roadmap for release from lockdown?

Are you saying vaccines have played no part in that?

For the last time....vaccines CURRENTLY have changed nothing.  Yes, things may change on the 21st, but as things stand today we are still in Lockdown.

Let's just see what happens after the 21st...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

On the assumption that vaccines have been effective in the reducing the spread of the virus, then they have changed things with regard to lockdowns which would/could have been far tighter and more widespread than they currently are.

I suspect Chris is the only one in the country who thinks otherwise.  :D

• Like 2

Just now, DC2 said:

I suspect Chris is the only one in the country who thinks otherwise.  :D

No.  My opinion differs from yours, that's all and you just have to go on and on until I concede....which I will not.

4 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

No.  My opinion differs from yours, that's all and you just have to go on and on until I concede....which I will not.

On the contrary, there is no need to argue with someone who says black is white.  :D

Just now, DC2 said:

On the contrary, there is no need to argue with someone who says black is white.  :D

You finally admit it! :party:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yes, but he didn’t say that in the interview, did he?

I thought he said, “it’s because of increased cases in Portugal and a new variant found in Nepal”.

Quite what the latter has to do with Portugal, I don’t know.

And if the “increased cases” are not variants that evade our vaccines what do they matter? Haven’t we “broken the link between cases and hospitalisations/deaths”?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2021/jun/03/safety-first-grant-shapps-on-portugals-removal-from-travel-green-list-video

Yep, make up your minds from this video whether the Nepal variant is in Portugal or simply in Nepal and nothing to do with Portugal!

Although I can see it’s been spun into this:

“The Department for Transport said 68 cases of the Delta variant had been identified in Portugal, including cases with an additional, potentially detrimental mutation, being referred to as the Nepal variant. Public Health England (PHE) told the BBC the mutation of the variant was present in multiple countries, including a small number of cases in the UK.”

So Portugal has 68 cases of the Indian variant with a few Nepal ones, but is dangerous to the UK which has had 20,000 Indian cases and 20 Nepal ones!

“The decision on Portugal was taken because of concerns over a new Covid variant, being referred to as the Nepalese variant, the Telegraph reports. However, ministers admitted it was not known whether the new variant was more transmissible or a bigger risk to those vaccinated than the Indian variant from which it derived.” BBC

Total nonsense!

Without expressing an opinion on whether or not Portugal decision was correct, how many times have there been posts on this forum saying the government acted too late? This time it appears they have acted early, only time will tell if they are right or not.

It seems they can’t win. 

To to be honest if it’s a choice between the whole country being released from restrictions on June 21st or a few thousand people going to spend their holidays abroad,  my vote is the former.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Without expressing an opinion on whether or not Portugal decision was correct, how many times have there been posts on this forum saying the government acted too late? This time it appears they have acted early, only time will tell if they are right or not.

It seems they can’t win. 

To to be honest if it’s a choice between the whole country being released from restrictions on June 21st or a few thousand people going to spend their holidays abroad,  my vote is the former.

Of course they can win.

They need to act on information promptly and rationally.

Boris’s refusal to accept the information at the start of the pandemic was irrational and led to a delayed (and incorrect) response.

The decision over Portugal has been made promptly but it does not appear to be rational.  The country has fewer Indian and Nepalese cases than us and there is no evidence to suggest that they evade our vaccines or are more dangerous for those who are unvaccinated.

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

Or more than likely because people are leaving their homes to go on holiday

Or the airports can’t cope with anyone passing through whilst all staff remain furloughed 

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

The hideous green new deal disguised under a covid cloak...

Then tell us about how you were forced to exercise at home in Kent on a Golf course ? I would like to hear how you managed that then. And was you forced to wear a mask like a sheep and jump through all sorts of swastika style hoops ?