British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

6 hours ago, Kedavra said:

If it gets pushed back it will be extremely interesting to see if there's much blowback from protests etc. 

unlikely, too many people sitting indoors taking it all in

13 hours ago, DC2 said:

And on the news yesterday they said that most of the new Indian variant cases were occurring in unvaccinated young people, with the majority being asymptomatic.

Now, in normal scaremongering fashion, they tried to imply that asymptomatic was particularly sinister and dangerous because such people are unaware that they have the virus and do not self-isolate, but of course what they failed to say was:

it doesn’t really matter if they transmit the disease because all vulnerable people have now been double-dosed;

whether asymptomatic transmission can occur is debatable and it almost certainly occurs at less than 50% of symptomatic transmission;

all school children are tested weekly, which picks up the asymptomatics and (wrongly) requires them to self-isolate.

Now that the vulnerable section of society is protected there should be a completely different Covid regime for the under 30s, with testing and treatment only for those who become ill, no self-isolating, no compulsory jabs and, most importantly, no completely needless scaremongering!

That would encourage a build up of natural immunity rather than dependence on drugs.

I’ve just seen mention of “experts” saying that young people being at risk of Long Covid is now a reason to justify them needing vaccination before the 21 June opening.

Anyone ever seen any figures on under 30s with Long Covid?

It just gets more and more ridiculous.

The bit in bold at the second paragraph, can you please provide a link? I am unable to find your source, you do deal in facts after all.

13 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

The bit in bold at the second paragraph, can you please provide a link? I am unable to find your source, you do deal in facts after all.

I refer you to my BBC post above.

It happens daily, throughout the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I refer you to my BBC post above.

It happens daily, throughout the day.

Does that refer to your posts on this thread?

Just a passing interest though innit.....

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Been having a few conversations recently regarding this. A good friend of mine has had some problems, looks like arthritis based and, being overweight. I was trying to explain to them that, your joints are similar to bearings on a machine, the more strain they're under could/will compromise they're integrity,,, possibly leading to problems. Does that make some sort of sense?

Yes.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dave69 said:

A bit of a giveaway.

Busy at Heathrow: Passengers rush to get home to the UK on Monday evening before Portugal is added to the amber list

What's this? The nimbats returning from Portugal after having their "must have" hoildays?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

What's this? The nimbats returning from Portugal after having their "must have" hoildays?

That remark is a rather sad reflection that the country is split between those who happily give up their freedoms and those who won’t.

And the fact that the hysterical masses are so puritanical, even towards those who act within the law.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Does that refer to your posts on this thread?

Just a passing interest though innit.....

Why don’t you look up a few facts and figures yourself, Chris, and post something worthwhile?   :D

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

The only nimbats are the British Government ministers!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That remark is a rather sad reflection that the country is split between those who happily give up their freedoms and those who won’t.

And the fact that the hysterical masses are so puritanical, even towards those who act within the law.  :rolleyes:

I think that anybody would have realised that travelling abroad under the present restrictions would have understood that the guidelines would alter very quickly and shouldn't have come as a surprise...rightly or wrongly.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, dj350z said:

The only nimbats are the British Government ministers!

...quite possibly but that's the reality whether one agrees with the guidelines or not. Not much we can do about it. I returned to work only a couple of weeks ago travelling on public transport within a confined space and then at work having to wear a mask all day organising social distancing amongst the many visitors and tracking and tracing. I have to go along with it otherwise my employer would put me on a disciplinary. It's all very frustrating and as much as I dislike and disagree with some of the guidelines that's the way it is...and for many other people withn the work place.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

We are witnessing the beginning of the end of international travel in the UK...

• Thanks 4

Three people that have been double jabbed have been admitted to hospital with the Indian variant. Three. 

44 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...quite possibly but that's the reality whether one agrees with the guidelines or not. Not much we can do about it. I returned to work only a couple of weeks ago travelling on public transport within a confined space and then at work having to wear a mask all day organising social distancing amongst the many visitors and tracking and tracing. I have to go along with it otherwise my employer would put me on a disciplinary. It's all very frustrating and as much as I dislike and disagree with some of the guidelines that's the way it is...and for many other people withn the work place.

You make the assumption that everyone is travelling abroad for holiday. Some have businesses and properties abroad and therefore have responsibilities. What is the risk to the UK anyway if you have had both vaccinations, tests in Portugal and then after returning? Very minimal risk!!

• Like 4