British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Well, of course, some people can sustain much higher brain activity than others.  :D

Some people’s “casual” is brain-overload for others!

Usually the ones who have no aptitude for facts and figures.

Here, fishy, fishy

On 6/8/2021 at 8:50 AM, DC2 said:

Why don’t you look up a few facts and figures yourself, Chris, and post something worthwhile?   :D

Why don't you admit you're obsessed with all things covid related and post something more than just your opinion? :D

On 6/8/2021 at 11:04 AM, DC2 said:

So, despite the government reporting 5,000 new cases on several days over the last week and “the majority being the Indian variant”,

The Times says that there have been only 12,383 cases of the Indian variant in the UK, despite it first appearing in February!

With only 126 being hospitalised;

83 of those had had no vaccines;

28 had had 1 dose;

3 had had both doses;

the deaths number has not been disclosed!

Who the hell is scared of those figures?

Probably the 126 who have been hospitalised.  I take it you haven't had any friends or family that have been badly affected by covid.  I have had a few and I currently a very good friend in Manchester suffering very badly after contracting covid.  She is in her mid 40's, has NO underlying health conditions, is of 'normal' build and runs regularly.  However, I must be lying as you have posted many times that covid cannot affect such a person or if it does it's very mild.  That is NOT the case.

There you go, something to prove you wrong....but I'm sure you'll spend the next hour or two trawling the web hunting out a nugget which 'proves you're right' even though the above is 100% fact as of this moment in time.

• Like 1

:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

Why don't you admit you're obsessed with all things covid related and post something more than just your opinion? :D

Probably because he's obsessed with getting life back to how it was pre-covid. As we all should be

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Probably the 126 who have been hospitalised.  I take it you haven't had any friends or family that have been badly affected by covid.  I have had a few and I currently a very good friend in Manchester suffering very badly after contracting covid.  She is in her mid 40's, has NO underlying health conditions, is of 'normal' build and runs regularly.  However, I must be lying as you have posted many times that covid cannot affect such a person or if it does it's very mild.  That is NOT the case.

There you go, something to prove you wrong....but I'm sure you'll spend the next hour or two trawling the web hunting out a nugget which 'proves you're right' even though the above is 100% fact as of this moment in time.

You've got a few, wonder how many you know will have highly developed cancers because of lack of screening. That is going to be the reality for a lot of families. And I bet the numbers encountering that makes the number struggling with covid look like child's play

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Out of interest, as you didn't mention it in your post, has she been vaccinated?

• Like 1

Doesn't mean she hasn't got unknown problems or poor metabolic health. Fit does not always mean healthy if you have nutritional deficiencies...

• Like 1

Daily death totals in the UK for May varied between just over 9000 and well over 24000, (didn't need to be obsessive to find that out, 20 seconds on Google!) every single one of those is a tragedy to somebody.

However risks always have to be taken in perspective so while each one of the single or even double figure death toll within 28 days of a positive covid death is a tragedy it has to be taken in the same perspective as things of a similar risk which don't stop people carrying on with their lives normally. The average age of death from covid is irrefutable evidence of who is worst affected by a very large margin.

Never mind the 100s of thousands who are in constant pain or far more likely to die because of covid precautions. You can't ignore them or the 1000s who will lose their homes, work and businesses because of the covid restrictions.

DC puts the figures alongside his opinion, I've never seen him say it doesn't happen just that it is very, very rare which is absolutely true.

• Like 3

On 6/8/2021 at 4:42 PM, DC2 said:

Come on then, Tsu, list three falsehoods that have been told on here over the last week with facts and figures to prove your point.  

This should be fun.  :D

It would be fun, but I am not obeying with time limitations. What about the last year ?

:D

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2021 at 10:03 AM, Humphrey Appleby said:

The right to travel - including to freely leave and return to your country - is a human right, as enshrined in an international treaty to which the UK is a signatory.

The UK government - and other national governments - are stretching the law on this matter, if not outright breaking it, on some quite dubious grounds. I couldn’t really care less what those scared and cowed members of the public think - there are perfectly legitimate reasons for people to travel internationally and although the government creates the illusion that it’s still possible, for most practical purposes it is not unless you’re a politician or rich.

I do think it’s a bit foolish to be going on holiday abroad given Boris’s ridiculous vacillation on travel corridors (and many other things) over the past year, and so it’s proved once again. But people are adults and it’s up to them to make the choice, as it should be.

So you are saying that being a signatory to an international Treaty takes preference over emergency rules and measures in time of War, being under cyber attack, and even with an out of control and unpredictable world-wide virus. In that case, how come it has been legal to prosecute and fine COVID offenders within the emergency rules within the COVID Emergency Acts. Needs must in those circumstances, so sod your human rights treaty. Why hasn't there been a challenge to the current situation if it is, or was, indeed to be internationally illegal.