British Speedway Forum
jrs

Covid-19 Are we being told the truth ?

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Strikes me that average age of deaths would be a more realistic measure unless the excess deaths are taken from something like a 25 year average rather than the 5 years they appear to use for everything (although it doesn't actually say how they arrived at a 'normal' figure in that report that I saw)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

A wasn't actually taking the p!ss,,, was asking if the protection was a in the form of a letter?

Yes. You cover your nose and mouth with it.

• Haha 2

Just listen to this commie witch who is on sage...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only way you can pretend lockdowns, face nappies and distancing work, is if you also pretend that Sweden, Florida, Texas and Russia aren't real places.

They are very real, so.......

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

The only way you can pretend lockdowns, face nappies and distancing work, is if you also pretend that Sweden, Florida, Texas and Russia aren't real places.

They are very real, so.......

You seem to think New Zealand, Australia, Finland and Norway aren't real places :rofl:

Denmark also announced masks were no longer needed apart from on trains and buses....

Güstrow announced today that you wouldn't need a negative test to get into the speedway...

Edited by iris123

49 minutes ago, Vince said:

Strikes me that average age of deaths would be a more realistic measure unless the excess deaths are taken from something like a 25 year average rather than the 5 years they appear to use for everything (although it doesn't actually say how they arrived at a 'normal' figure in that report that I saw)

The U.S. has suffered an immense loss of life during the pandemic, with the official death count at well more than half a million to date. But the real number is likely even greater. A new analysis has found major variations in the rates of deaths assigned to COVID among individual counties—likely a result of socioeconomic and political factors.

Officially reported COVID deaths may not reflect the reality on the ground because of testing shortages, overwhelmed health care systems and differences in how deaths are registered. So researchers have been examining the number of last year’s “excess deaths” (those above the expected level, based on previous years) to seek a fuller picture of the pandemic’s impact. Earlier excess death studies, conducted at the national and state level, have suggested COVID deaths have been undercounted. But there has been less research on these trends at a more granular level

The county-level data also revealed trends that were not apparent from state-level figures. Take Florida: the state’s official numbers are often held up as being no worse than average in terms of COVID deaths, despite its governor taking a relatively relaxed approach to pandemic-related restrictions on activities. But Stokes’s team observed a lot more excess deaths not attributed to COVID in some of Florida’s rural counties, compared with more urban ones

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/excess-deaths-reveal-the-pandemics-hidden-toll-in-some-u-s-counties/

6 hours ago, DC2 said:

I’ll just mention two general reasons why “cases” or more accurately “positive test results” are not an accurate measure of the incidence of active infection at any given time and consequently are not a good way of comparing different regions:

1. different labs use different cycle thresholds, ranging from 25 to 45, producing low or high numbers of “cases”;

2. the ONS says that the UK government daily published figure for “cases” represents somewhere between 30% and 10% of actual cases, because, of course, for a variety of reasons not every infected person comes forward for testing.

Hospitalisations and Deaths are more accurate measures for making a comparison.

I get that, but the main point of my post was that people put things on Twitter telling us that everything in tickety-boo when actually that’s not the whole truth.

As I said previously, Florida has managed the pandemic better than most states, but certain lockdown states have done as well, if not better , while certain certain other states with a light touch on restrictions have not done so well.

One of the speculated reasons for Florida doing well is the climate. Many Floridians live an outdoor or open air life style thanks to the warm climate, although nothing is proven at this stage. It’s going to take a detailed analysis when the dust settles to ascertain the full facts, but for the moment I’ll take most of what I read on Twitter with a massive shovelful of salt, unless there is some rather more substantial evidence.

• Like 1

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

I get that, but the main point of my post was that people put things on Twitter telling us that everything in tickety-boo when actually that’s not the whole truth.

As I said previously, Florida has managed the pandemic better than most states, but certain lockdown states have done as well, if not better , while certain certain other states with a light touch on restrictions have not done so well.

How do you know?

Have you got the Covid deaths figures?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

How do you know?

Have you got the Covid deaths figures?

No, I couldn’t find current figures, and it would be a bit daft to use the up to dare infection figures with months old death figures. So what I gave was the best I could do. The only place I thought there would be death figures was behind a paywall

Edited by E I Addio

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

The U.S. has suffered an immense loss of life during the pandemic, with the official death count at well more than half a million to date. But the real number is likely even greater. A new analysis has found major variations in the rates of deaths assigned to COVID among individual counties—likely a result of socioeconomic and political factors.

Officially reported COVID deaths may not reflect the reality on the ground because of testing shortages, overwhelmed health care systems and differences in how deaths are registered. So researchers have been examining the number of last year’s “excess deaths” (those above the expected level, based on previous years) to seek a fuller picture of the pandemic’s impact. Earlier excess death studies, conducted at the national and state level, have suggested COVID deaths have been undercounted. But there has been less research on these trends at a more granular level

The county-level data also revealed trends that were not apparent from state-level figures. Take Florida: the state’s official numbers are often held up as being no worse than average in terms of COVID deaths, despite its governor taking a relatively relaxed approach to pandemic-related restrictions on activities. But Stokes’s team observed a lot more excess deaths not attributed to COVID in some of Florida’s rural counties, compared with more urban ones

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/excess-deaths-reveal-the-pandemics-hidden-toll-in-some-u-s-counties/

Hmmm ... the authors of that study say:

“Take Florida: the state’s official numbers are often held up as being no worse than average in terms of COVID deaths, despite its governor taking a relatively relaxed approach to pandemic-related restrictions on activities. But Stokes’s team observed a lot more excess deaths not attributed to COVID in some of Florida’s rural counties, compared with more urban ones.”

And yet, does that prove Florida was significantly understated in Covid deaths compared to other states?

There does not seem to be significantly more dark blue shading in Florida than in other states!

And this is what is happening to those that still watch mainstream media.